Pre-match: FC Dallas - San Jose Earthquakes (Saturday, 4/9) pregame thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will San José incinerate the hosts on the Frisco grill?

Will Dallas finish Saturday evening all well-done?

The Earthquakes taking home a sizzling win? FC ending the cookout to hometown satisfaction?

Discuss.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 Goodsport, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    This game is scheduled to be televised live at 6:00pm PDT on Dallas-area channels KTXA and KTXA HD, available locally via both the MLS Direct Kick package and MLS Live.

---------------

This game is also scheduled to be televised tape-delayed on both Comcast SportsNet California and Comcast SportsNet California HD at 11:00pm PDT.

• AT&T U-verse
      • CSN CA: Channel 767
      • CSN CA HD: Channel 1767
    • Comcast (Bay Area)
      • CSN CA: Channel 41
      • CSN CA HD: Channel 721
    • Comcast (Sacramento area)
      • CSN CA: Channel 34
      • CSN CA HD: Channel 721
    • DirecTV
      • CSN CA: Channel 698
      • CSN CA HD: Channel 698
    • DISH Network
      • CSN CA: Channel 438
      • CSN CA HD: Channel 438

---------------

I hope that helped. :)

-G

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game will also be broadcast on the radio live on both KLIV 1590 AM (English) and KZSF 1370 AM (Spanish).

-G

4. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Dallas is on fire right now, we're going to have our hands full and then some.

5. jetdog9

jetdog9 Member+

Nov 14, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5 jetdog9, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Who knows what willll happen during the week, but Dawkins back, Godoy most certainly not, and who knows with Goodson every time he picks something up. MPT and TT did not play poorly against DC, I wonder what the Quakes line-up will look like.

Also, in last game Quintero looked as dangerous as he has since joining the team but also squandered two big chances, Salinas did great in limited action.

2 -5-4? ha!

------- Innocent Amarikwa Wondo Jahn ------
    -- Dawkins Quintero TT Alashe MPG Salinas --
    ---------------- Bernardez --- Wynne --------------
    --------------------- Bingham -----------------------

6. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    REFEREE: ALAN KELLY
    AR1: ADAM GARNER
    AR2: ERIC WEISBROD
    4TH OFFICIAL: MARCOS DEOLIVEIRA

The Earthquakes are 1-1-1 in games officiated by Kelly.

7. blacktide

blacktide Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Are we sure about the TV schedule for this game? It appears that at 6pm the Warriors are on Comcast BA (720), the A's are on Comcast CA (721) and the Sharks are on Comcast + (780). I think we are being shown on delay at 11pm on Comcast CA (721).

8. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

Interesting -- the Quakes' website says it'll be broadcast on CSNCA, and that's it.

9. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dom was quoted in the SJ Mercury that he expects Godoy to be back for the game.

10. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this match will be an early glimpse of what our overall 2016 effort will be.

match i think will not be live, but the announcers during the dc united match said it would be a taped delay broadcast.

11. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I saw that, too. I figured I misread it since it engendered no discussion here. Available next game is a far cry from out six months.

12. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Was Colvey bad in the LA game? Because Francis is not going to get it done at left back.

soccerbone, Beerking and markmcf8 repped this.
  13. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I think the team is better with Colvey back there. Not sure how long it will take before Dom might come to that conclusion but there is also Kofie in the mix now. How about Kofie on the left and Colvey on the right?

soccerbone repped this.
  14. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    LA was probably Colvey's toughest challenge so far. I thought he was fairly solid but LA was putting a ton of pressure on the back line...looked like they were going after him a bit. A lot of weak side switches and 1v1 isolation in space. He held up for the most part....Although looked shaky on crosses...weakest part of his game right now...poor in the air.

I think Francis starting is Dom giving him an opportunity to state his case, since he was the starter and lost the job due to to injury. I'm hoping we see a lot more Colvey, since Francis clearly did not state his case against DC.

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tend to agree with your assessment, except I would be a little tougher on his play against LA (felt he was shaky and struggled). I think the simple answer is that Colvey has more upside, but Francis had the experience and knows his teammates. Most head coaches aren't going to give minutes to players to get experience. They will use US Cup games and practice.

Colvey really needs to improve his game in the air (as you stated) and decision making. It's good that he got some early games, but I'm not sure that he is ready to be a full time starter.

hc897 repped this.
  17. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What with FCKD's speed, we might be better served by playing Colvey at left back. Also, keeping Imperiale in the starting lineup will help.

I haven't been able to watch all of the games yet. (F#$% comsuck!!) So I'm not sure, but Quintero looked better to me against DCU than Dawkins has this year. (Again, I haven't seen enough of the games yet, so I've missed a lot of Dawkin's play.)

Clearly, if Godoy can play, he starts in the center with Alashe. If not, we'll go with Alashe and TT in the middle again. I expect MPG to start, and then a bit of a toss up between Alberto and Simon.

Naturally, we'll have Wondo and Quincy up top.

I hope to see the backline we had against DCU, but with Colvey in for Francis.

We'll see.

Go Quakes!!

- Mark

davez repped this.
  18. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I would argue for keeping the lineup mostly the same. Dawkins might get the start on the left, but Quintero is playing pretty well and earned an unawarded penalty, so taking him out for Dawkins to start might be a little demoralizing. Maybe tell Quintero to go full bore for the first half and then let Dawkins come in for a half.

They are going to need to keep the ball away from Dallas at all costs, so having as many possession oriented players on the field at the same time will hopefully be the priority. Whether or not Goodson is fit might make the biggest difference, truthfully. My guess is Imperiale starts again, though.

19. GrayBeard

GrayBeard Member+

May 9, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be an interesting lineup. 6 in the midfield and 4 up top. If we can't score like that then we should quit.

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nice training bra, Tommy!

[​IMG]

Yeah -- I know, it's a heart-rate monitor, but still...

22. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That a Bro:

[​IMG]

23. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Wrong! It's a manzier!

[​IMG]

QuakeAttack and SoccerMan94043 repped this.
  24. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    LOL. I like it! But Dallas has a pretty good counter attack. We just *might* be a bit vulnerable.

25. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's gotten somewhat weird with the recent start of the MLB season. In fact, four of my five favorite pro sports teams' seasons are now currently in progress (only the 49ers aren't currently in-season) and a weird overlap in channels is resulting from it.

As of this posting, even though the non-Comcast providers listed have a separate CSN Plus channel for both CSN Bay Area and CSN California, this game still isn't listed on my DirecTV onscreen guide on either (even with CSN Bay Area now showing two Plus channels scheduled :eek:). It may show up later as gameday approaches, though, so I'll update the channel listings if need be.

If worse comes to worse and the local broadcast here will only be tape-delayed, then there is another option to watch this game live although a few here may not like it: the FC Dallas broadcast on both the MLS Direct Kick package and MLS Live.

-G