FC Dallas :Discrimination or double standarts ?

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by schwabe13, Oct 28, 2007.

1. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    I don't know, if this topic was posted in an other thread :
    Yesterday we (TA&EB and other Dynamo fans ) followed all the rules from the Dallas FO. One drum and banner per SG. No flags, even no handheld flags, no standing on the chairs etc. We followed all of these rules !
    So how come the Inferno is allowed to set a SMOKE BOMB , without being arrested or punished ? I personally did not see the smoke bomb, but the CEO from Amigo Energy filmed it .So there is evidence .
    This is discrimination of the Houston fans and Houston Dynamo should look for a lawyer !
    Just my 2 Cents, what do you think ?

2. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what happened to the people who set it off but I'm 99% sure they aren't allowed to set off smoke but I could be wrong. My guess is that nothing of consequence happened to them though.

It is, of course, annoying but I'm not surprised that away supporters aren't allowed what home supporters are. We've run into that in places other than Dallas and I know away visitors to Robertson have had trouble getting things in that we always get in (DC).

3. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the Dallas boards posters always complain if they think we're using flares or smoke, in Robertson or at PHP. Then they go to little Charleston, with its small town, friendly stadium and light an ugly gray smoke bomb that smokes out most of the stands. Everyone there was mad and they got removed from their section. It was like lighting a garbage fire in the middle of a small town PTA meeting. It definitely wasn't the time or the place..

Before the game the security guy came up to me and my friends in the parking lot (he got sent to us by some TA members who didn't want him to harass the whole SGs, he thought we'd be more friendly or something.) He went over the ground rules with us and told us strictly and absolutely no smoke or flames or flares of any kind would be tolerated, the perpetrators would not only be kicked out but would be arrested. He reminded us that there are little kids at PHP that have asthma and stuff. But I guess they're only sitting on our side of the stands.

I asked him why we couldn't take in flags that are not on poles, what harm they would cause, and he said it wasn't his decision and he understood our point of view, he didn't know why either except that it was because of all those "incidents" before. Then we asked about something else, and his tone changed and said "he" was being nice and letting in the drums and a banner as a compromise. All of a sudden he was the one making the rules.

He told us 5 seats had been broken when I believe it was only one. And he said it was from standing on them. Ok, if they are so delicate they break when they are stood upon, why didn't they ask us to not stand on them?? I'm sure if anyone would have said "don't stand on the chairs" we wouldn't have. But when the row in front of you is standing on them, that forces your row to do it also.

The big question is this.... absolutely nothing bad or evil happened this time (except for a little involuntary puking and some innocent emergency pissing in the parking lot), so.... what are they going to allow next year????

And another question.... have Dallas posters mentioned any examples of bad manners on our part this time? I don't want to get anywhere close to their boards, I can sort of tolerate it when we win, but I just don't think I could take it when they're gloating. If they saw anything that made them mad, I mentioned a few things on the post game thread that I saw FC'ers do, direct them over that way. :rolleyes:

4. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw their little smoke fart...I thought it was cute.

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one thinks you shouldn't be able to do flares and smoke bombs. Only that if away fans are able then home fans should also be able. Inferno did some small ones early last year but once some bigger ones were employed they were told to stop. I love Serie A and all the flares ringing the stadium and would love it if it happened here but our Fire Marshalls feel differently. Oh, from the photo I saw it looked like that smoke came from Los Toros which is a new SG that just started a few weeks ago. I haven't heard any stories of this on the Dallas boards so no news on whether they were held accountable but would bet that if the Inferno hears they got away with it they will be upset.

6. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    If you're talking about this picture [​IMG]

That was during the national anthem with the smoke coming from the fireworks.

The smokes were lit in 116. Things really are starting to change around here when it's the Houston fans who are coming across as the whiney bitches. It's our stadium so the rules are bent our way, we know they're not technically allowed so we light off smoke bombs once every few months at big games, ya'll lit them at every game you went to....there's a big difference there. Feel free to light your smoke at Robertson on Friday, no one is stopping you.

7. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do believe that most of us consider an away game to Dallas a "big game" that happens "once every few months". And we know they're technically not allowed either. :p

I understand that there are restrictions to punish actions that occurred in the past. But I hope that in the future we're allowed to bring our gear in like at home, and that when you do visit, you guys are allowed to bring what you like.

8. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shut the ******** up and stay on your own ********ing board, if I committed the factual inaccuracies that you did in this post, you would shit yourself with outrage.

9. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A double-standard.

Before the match someone asked the Inferno prez if smoke bombs were allowed being as it was the last match. He gave a definitive "no" to the person who asked.

Not 20 minutes later at the tailgate the smoke bombs were passed off to the person who would later lite them.

So just for the record, it was never sanctioned by our front office. Is it unfair that we might not be punished because we're the home fans? Maybe, but were were never given the OK by our security.

10. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Wah Wah, see ya Friday.

11. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You group of rebels...

[​IMG] you never can seem to follow the rules like the rest of us civilized people. You're out of control!

12. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I for one feel that a SG should be able to do what they want as long as it does not break any laws. so, if you can set off smoke bombs, flares and all that, good for them. What give me the giggles is that the Inferno had nothing taken away from them and they still managed to wave only a couple of flags during the game. :rolleyes:

Don't come here with your stupid crap. you feel all of a sudden valient?? you silly sluts think too much of yourselves all of a sudden. and it seems you like to pump each other over if you were louder than us or not. it would be a disgrace if we spent most of the time wondering if we were loud enough in our own home like you people are doing. One would think that after 11 years of existance you would not have to worry on such matters.

You guys still suck.

p.s.

Get ready for a severe loss by your crappy team !!!

13. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anyone is whining here, if they are they should stop.

The smoke was fine and I for one do not have a problem with anyone doing it, home or away SG. I think the issue is that your FO cites "Safety and Security" concerns to us and then sanctions us for doing it, and they are now at a point where they have a decision to make. Do they want to enforce these concerns to both sides or do they want to expose themselves to enforcing it only on us in an attempt to limit what we can bring, in order to make you guy's look better?

14. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me speak for Dre and Rey and Nobius and everyone else?

Who cares?

Honestly....c'mon guys. So what if some fake, put-together SG set off a smoke bomb. It's against MLS policy and that's their problem.

We did what we promised to do. We supported our team, sung, chanted, etc etc and still sounded better than the Inferno, again. Close this thread, move on people.

We have a game Friday to prepare for. If it really bugs you that much, keep that in mind Friday and come prepared.

[/thread]

15. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    thank you, your post is (@ least ) honest .

16. FC Zippy

FC Zippy Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Midland
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oy, all this SG scuttlebutt is actually starting to kill me a little.

I mean, it's "We're a louder SG!!" and "We're a REAL SG!!" and "You're a loser SG!!" and the like.

Last time I checked, there were no official competitions for SGs, when even out in the real world, they have cheerleading "championships" on ESPN.

The point is, SGs are there (from my understanding) to support their respective teams, win or lose. That means they yell for, dance, chat, sing, (and if you're a Dynamo fan, break chairs and spray paint stuff) in the cause of giving your side some love. However, the team is the one doing the winning and losing out there. The SG stays no matter what, even if some members may become fair-weathered and decide they wanna support the Boston Red Sox just coz they are almost assured a world series and it sure would be cool to be a part of a winning team, woweeowow.

Anyhow, no judges are there. I can assume that if you are standing in a sea of orange-clad Texian Army members, you are easily the loudest thing in the universe, and are never able to hear those hated Inferno peeps. And vice-versa, natch.

So, basically, my idea is this: shut the hell up and yell. Scream. Hurl insults. Throw confetti. Light smoke bombs and flares if you can do it without getting fitted for a nice new set of steel bracelets. BUt quit acting like it actually matters if you think your group is louder or better than the opposing team's SG. You aren't "playing" the other SG. No one is going to declare a winner, and if someone did, would it mean anything?

Gawd, I cannot wait for the day there is no need for SGs: that enough interest in the product (which is soccer, btw- not smoke bombs and the like) compels people to have great interest, buy all the tickets, read the front page headline about their side's championship run, little things afforded to the american sports that soccer just doesn't get.

Even the moronic "My team rules and your team sucks" posts are better reading than this SG smack.

17. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I know I'm going to hell for this :rolleyes: but I agree with most of your post :confused:

Hehe :p

To be honest, if you're a member of a SG, you like to give out smack like this. and since I was standing right infront of the big drum that was banging all game long, I could not hear that much anyways and really think I have lost part of my hearing !!!!

18. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do not underestimate ESPN, the SG challenge is coming.

19. FC Zippy

FC Zippy Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Midland
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know, the thought of *any* of these SGs doing a dance routine, booties shaking, pom-poms waiving, brings load-droppping fear to my heart.

20. yellowtruck61

yellowtruck61 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    lil d, TX
    this is the true heart of the matter. You guys have great support and it shows. Thanks for coming up and supporting your team. This does nothing but help the league. Good luck on Friday.

21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeez, where does all this sound so familiar to me Dre???

TA Board meet Dallas FO....Dallas "Full of Shit" FO meet the Board.

Told y'all not to deal with 'em. And you're right guys and gals, nothing will happen to the Dallas supporters.

22. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    little kids with asthma sounds hilarious

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. webfoot

webfoot Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Corpse in Houston, spirit in Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Have you bothered to read the bullshit that the shortbuses post on your boards? That criminal/INS crap is real original. It's almost as original as, oh, I don't know...

How many inferno members does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Three.
    But because there are only 2 members in the inferno the lightbulb never gets screwed in.

Also, your band of cementheads couldn't figure out that TA/EB left the chicago fire game UNDER THREAT OF ARREST. I wasn't in the group, but after talking to one of the security guards (the fat lady with chest hair down to her penis, and every time she breathed through her nose it whistled) I realized how clueless security was.

Even though our group tried to explain it your idiots, you were never able to grasp the concept.

Figure it out, Gump. You smack us, we smack you.
    We'll leave the falling down and crying to Ruiz.

24. memo138

memo138 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    If anything they need to light more smoke bombs, get some kind of atmosphere going in that freezer. Oh and by the way IT IS a competition (amongst supporter groups). All over the world its like that, outdoing your opponent on and off the field with bigger numbers, tifos and all that. If more people had that kind of attitude here, SGs would be bigger and better no doubt.

25. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and don't forget the asthmatic children, those poor asthmatic children.

I've pretty much been saying this since the first TA/EB/Inferno smack-down. Nothing really matters but what you bring to the game. And what your team brings. That's it. :cool: