FC Dallas 2011

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by madisonroad, Apr 26, 2011.

1. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First game for FCD is on Sunday at 2pm vs American Eagles SC.

Game is at AESC's home field at University of Dallas-Irving soccer field. According to their team page on the WPSL, game day tickets are free.

Also for those that didn't put your name on the intent to buy season tickets list when we were working to prove to FCD that we wanted to see a women's team, you can contact Kevin Lindstrom to order your season tickets for the FC Dallas WPSL.

Phone: 469 365 0048
    Email: klindstrom@fcdallas.net.

The cost is $30 per person and handling is $7 (per order, not per person). Day of game pricing will be $8 per person. It is a six-game season, so the season pass works out to $5 a ticket.

2. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Dallas won today 4-1 over American Eagles Soccer Club.

I was a bit late getting there about 25 mins into the first half and the score was already 3-1. I heard the 3rd goal for FCD getting scored as I was walking up to the field. LOL

The gk's and defense were playing really well together. They had a good level of trust in the way eachother was playing.

The attack was patient and creative. #10 (sorry no roster available so I can't give names) in particular is fast and smart on the ball.

The midfield was still seeming to find itself a bit but that should be ironed out with a bit more pratice and a couple of games under their belts.

The team should be fun to watch.

3. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a roster on the WPSL website, but unfortunately it doesn't have numbers.

4. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's an improvement. That information wasn't there yesterday. :D

5. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1st home game ever for the team. They play vs Ft Worth Panther @ 7pm at the Dr Pink Field.

6. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went to the game last night v Tulsa.

Team play is markedly better from their 1st game. Midfield has definitely figured things out and defined their roles better.

Team has also added Rachel Shipley to the roster. She's part of the USWNT U-23 player pool.

FCD won 5-0 before a crowd of at least 300. The attendance number is actually pretty good since there's NO marketing for this team at all as it's not in the budget.

There were about 5 of us from The Inferno there and we did a few chants here and there. Crowds at women's games aren't used to it at all. LOL

Talked with the coach after the game and he commented that the players on the bench were chattering about that many people being there and loved hearing us do the chants. :)

8. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Dallas played their 4th game in 8 days yesterday and lost 6-3 to the playoff bound division champs, Oklahoma Alliance.

The score doesn't reflect how entertaining the game was. The first half was pretty much even and I think Alliance was caught off gaurd at just how tough Dallas was going to be.

Alliance brought every player they had to use it as practice for the playoffs so when they made subs, it was like watching shift changes in hockey. FCD only had a couple of subs on the bench because several players had obligations to summer camps for their colleges.

The last 15 minutes of the game were when Alliance took advantage of Dallas' tired legs and scored the second 3 goals. One of which, in my opinion didn't go all the way over the line.

Last game of the season for FC Dallas is tomorrow, 7/19 at 7pm. They'll be facing the Fort Worth Panthers on Dr. Pink.

If you're able to come out and support them, I highly encourage it. You will be entertained. Tickets at the gate are $8 or you can order them thru FC Dallas Youth at: http://www.fcdallasyouth.com/Page.aspx?Abs_WP_ID=7E0650EA-E144-49FE-8CBF-4B609507C4E6

9. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been thinking about how neat it would be if Austin got a women's professional team, now that the Aztex are gone. I've started to think that I'd rather see a women's team come to town than another men's team, especially after this summer's entertaining World Cup.

When rumors started up recently about a possible soccer investor in the Austin area, I got to wondering how the financial requirements for WPS, WPSL, and W-League compare to USL, NASL, and NPSL. So I started poking around here on Big Soccer and found, much to my surprise, that FC Dallas operates a WPSL team. Now that I live in Austin I don't pay as much attention to FCD as I'd like, so I really had no idea about this until now.

If I still lived in DFW, I would be all over the Dallas WPSL team. I have no doubt that my wife and I would have bought season tickets. There are lots of things I love about living in Austin, but the dearth of professional soccer is a major drawback. :(

10. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The WPSL team was insanely fun to watch. I was stoked that FCD started it up.

Of note for you down in Austin, the Aztex will be be revived in 2012 at the PDL level.

http://www.austinaztex.com/

11. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, I'm really happy about the new Aztex, too.

After I made my post in this thread, I did some more digging and found that Fort Worth has a WPSL team, too. As a native Fort Worthian, I'm afraid my loyalty has to go to them over the FCD WPLS team. ;)

But nevertheless, I'm looking forward to following this next season. Maybe I'll even make it up there for a Fort Worth-FCD derby.

12. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States