FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Take anything the Enquirer reports with an entire bag of road salt. Not necessarily commenting on this article but that rag has proven itself completely untrustworthy over the past 10 years or so, especially with its streetcar reporting.

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So do you think their making up the obviously flawed comments from FCC's president?

4. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I will be attending Nippert for the first time Saturday so can give my thoughts on level of the facility relative to Chicago and Columbus MLS stadiums.

To me, the stadium movement was more about getting cost controls in place that allowed clubs to be viable. Depending on FC Cincinnati's agreement with the University of Cincinnati it may or may not be better to have own place or not. That will be a discussion in coming years.

For now just excited to finally attend a match and watch FCC play and hoping for 3 points.

USRufnex repped this.
  5. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    No. I do, however know that the Enquirer operates by making stories just for click bait for their uninformed suburbanite readers. Berdhing was one of the Hamilton County commissioners who helped get the Bengals and Reds stadium tax deals passed. He then went on to work for the Bengals. It makes for a good story.

Sorry. I'm not trying to say that FCC didn't make some flawed comments, but that media outlet has lost every bit of credibility with me.

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Traumer repped this.
  7. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    The team is anticipating sales will top 12,000, FC Cincinnati president Jeff Berding told me. He called that level of sales “pretty likely.”

That would put FC Cincinnati beyond the 11,569 fans who attended the Sacramento Republic’s April 2 home game. That’s the top crowd through the first two weeks of the USL season.

“We’re thrilled with our sales so far,” Smith said. “We’re obviously very excited. The work we’ve done on the front end with community outreach and corporate partnerships is bearing fruit.”

-----------

Excitement is building, only two days to go.

FootySkeptic repped this.
  8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati

Big crowd on hand to see Cincinnati win 2-1 over Charlotte and both FCC goals beauties. Great atmosphere all arund and excited for the club and city.

FootySkeptic repped this.
  10. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
  11. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Is 14,658 bigger than the Reds vs the Phillies home opener?

Impressive!

12. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where the heck are you getting that from?

MLB has that as 43,683

13. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of a comparison. For the 2011 USL Championship, Orlando City drew 11,220.

I know, it doesn't seem like that much of a big deal now, but at the time it was the D3 record for a single game. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that night was also the opening night for UCF football, and they drew over 39,000.

So having that much especially when you're not the only action in town that night is fairly impressive. :thumbsup:

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What has that to do with what xbhaskarx & Footy said? FCC opening night had 1/4 the attendance of the Reds vs Phillies, 14,658 is not greater than 43,683.

FootySkeptic and xbhaskarx repped this.
  15. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Opening day in Cincinnati is always a sellout

16. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are the expectations for attendance outside of the opener?

17. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    I would like to apologize for not highlighting my sarcastic remark with red typeset. Hopefully I did not cause too much confusion. I thought the format was indicative enough but often times I forget the subtle differences between speech and internet communications.

I'm sorry.

18. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was saying that was still impressive considering it was up against another big-ticket event.

19. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would the point of such a sarcastic remark even be? Who the hell is expecting a third division soccer game to compete with the Reds' opening day attendance?

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So can FCC repeat for home game #2?

21. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    They're running a $1 ticket promotion for youth soccer players. The weather is supposed to be nice and it's against Louisville so hopefully it's a big crowd. I'd think 14,000 is achievable.

22. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
  23. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    The goal from management is to repeat 14,000-15,000 as they stated have more staff on hand to accommodate lines to merchandise and concession stands. I think the buzz is there in the city as opener was big success and weather is supposed to be much nicer.
    I have seen a surprising amount of orange and blue in the area, so surprised and excited about this inaugural campaign.

24. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I would hope they can repeat 15,000 on Saturday. I'm guessing they average about 10,000 this year; give or take a few hundred.

25. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Check out @fccincinnati's Tweet:

Encouraging sign that second match crowd will be close to the inaugural one.

FootySkeptic and DBR70 repped this.