FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, no I think the Dayton, Houston, Cincinnati Dutch Lions would have a problem with that. Besides the Dayton Dutch Lions history of mediocrity and bad management while in this league still leaves a sour taste in a lot of fans mouths. I would think that both the ownership and supporters would want as much distance from the Dutch Lions as they could get

2. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i thought the ownership of fc cinncinnati was related to the "dutch lions" ownership(s)? thus the similar colors and motif?

3. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are but the Dutch Lions still exist albeit at a lower level . So I'm sure that neither the Dutch Lions or FC Cincinnati would want to impede the potential progress of either club , and lets face it the Dutch Lions as a D3 club was a disaster. FC Cincinnati would do well to steer away from any other conections to the Dutch Lions

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their colors have Dutch similarities, but there is zero connection between FCC and DL.

5. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Dutch Lions owners do have a minority interest in FC Cincinnati.

http://cdlfc.com/dutch-lions-group/corporate/

http://wvxu.org/post/fc-cincinnati-will-compete-2016-usl-season#stream/0

SoccerPrime repped this.
  6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay let me restate then.

They are one of many minority investors, so minor John Harkes probably doesn't even know them (JK maybe). The Linder family are the real owners.

7. barbudo

barbudo New Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    player speculation. let's go.

I got Romain Gall as their first team midfielder

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess your assuming FCC is the Crew affiliate then?

9. barbudo

barbudo New Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    no. if the MLS plan tanks somehow then maybe we'll become the Crew affiliate but I doubt it.

he needs play time since being left off U20 MNT. Crew haven't been developing him. as far as midfielders go Berhalter doesn't have a place for him in the current roster. at his age and potential he needs to be getting groomed for first team at Crew or sold. I'll guess he gets loaned to USL club or sold come spring. If he's being sold then we should pick him up.

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what affiliate means. Crew affiliates with FCC, loans them Gall and other prospects. You maybe confusing the term affiliate with reserve. Big difference.

Crew were affiliated with Dayton Lions and Austin Aztex, both aren't in USL in 2016 so it's possible.

11. JeffKuntz

JeffKuntz Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Complete and total guess: but if Dutch Lions had a PDL team in Cincy and even pretended they were thinking about returning to USL Pro -- the USL would have to give them first dibs... it's possible whatever stake the DL acquired in FCC was simply part of the arrangement to let the FCC group operate in the USL in Cincinnati.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong... but I do know the USL does respect territory rights and rather than force a conflict they will work with everyone to find solutions when it's in the best interests of the league..

12. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what makes Detroit so interesting. I think USL wants Detroit City FC but the PDL Michigan Bucks and their owner likely have the territory rights ... and I'm pretty sure those two groups aren't going to work together. I hope something gets done though!

13. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And apparently there is a third group from Detroit trying to get an NASL team to further complicate things in Detroit

Blando13 repped this.
  14. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we sure that's not Duggan? And there's the matter of the Pistons owner and friends looking into buying DCFC to take it the top level.

Update on Cincinnati: Earlier today they announced sponsorship deals with US Bank, Gatorade, Pepsi, Donatos, and Wall2Wall Soccer. If these guys aren't angling to try and get to MLS, no one is. There are MLS teams that wouldn't mind having those kind of sponsors on board

15. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Agreed. If they're going MLS, they need to do it right. Downtown-ish stadium, maybe rethink "Futbol" in the name. Really market to Cincinnati's burgeoning Young Professionals crowd. I like what I've seen so far (terrible YouTube videos not withstanding).

16. GloryhuntingMuppet

Mar 16, 2009
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can't think of any reason for FCC to move out of Nippert Stadium even if we do make it to the MLS. Nippert is in the middle of UC, which is practically in the middle of Cincinnati. Moving from Nippert would mean losing the three or four bus lines that service the university, all the parking garages, and all the bars that are a 10 minute walk from the stadium. Any move would make the team less accessible, and move further away from the college and YP crowd.

And I think just about everyone that isn't employed by FCC agrees that "Futbol" is cringe worthy. I'm just going to start calling them "Fussball Club" and hope that no one tries to correct me.

17. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First player signing announcement/video coming up soon (15 minutes).

18. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess, they are announcing like 11 players.

Austin Berry is first announced.

19. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.empireofsoccer.com/striker-cummings-cincinnati-44001/

FC Cincinnati has announced a series of new signings
    former Colorado Rapid and Jamaican International Omar Cummings
    Former MLS Antoine Hoppenot and Jimmy McLaughlin, both of which played for the Philadelphia Union
    Harrison Delbridge from Sacramento Republic and Portland Timbers 2 was also signed

CrazyJ628 repped this.
  20. greenroom

greenroom BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great player in Cummings.. watched him last year with the Scorpions, and he was just on a different level, when it came to the rest of the team.

21. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the ownership group is many times larger than the MLS one in the same state, I'd say it's possible.

CrazyJ628 repped this.
  23. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    FC Cincinnati has an ownership group that would rival many in the current MLS table. They have a stadium in the middle of the city. Yes, it's a 40,000 seat stadium but MLS seem totally cool with Seattle and Atlanta playing in tarped-off stadiums. Oh, and Cincinnati is a major league city that has a large growing base of young professionals living inside the city limits.

24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that it couldn't eventually work...but let's get a year or two under your belt in USL with your attendance at 10K before you go on about all of your MLS aspirations...

FootySkeptic and Sporting Real repped this.
  25. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Oh no. Don't take it as a slight to you. I agree, actually and that's one thing I like about FCC's ambitions. Unlike other cities that it appears MLS is going to just hand a franchise to (St. Louis). FCC has all the money stuff nailed down, they just need to see if soccer is going to be a big sport in the Queen City. 10,000 a game in USL would be huge.