FC Buffalo 2010

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by andorj78, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.npsl.info/home/899362.html

Samuels would also spend time with NPSL side FC Buffalo, a club that provided further opportunities to sharpen his game. He would play in 10 matches, tallying one goal and two assists. It was a special and important time for Samuels.
    “At FC Buffalo, I got a better understanding of the game because I got to play with and against more experienced players. The coaching staff were very helpful in that they pointed out what I can improve on and correcting my errors.”
    “The NPSL is a very strong league. The NPSL taught me that there are really good players out there and in order for me to make it the next level there is a lot of things that I needed to work on. Playing with and against good players improved my game tremendously.”
    “To me the quality of the NPSL is very high. It contains players of all dimensions. There are very technical players, very skillful players, and there are players that are very athletic. It’s a very good league and young players can learn a lot from it.”

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greetings! We’re just back from San Diego where the National Premier Soccer League held its Annual General Meeting for owners and new teams.
    It was a informative and fun weekend in California, with a lot of tremendous guest speakers and presenters. We learned a lot about new teams, our opponents for next season, and most important our path to a championship and the 2016 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup competition.
    First, the speakers: Our league did a solid job of bringing in people who could both inspire us and help us to run our teams well. We heard from former Newcastle United star Warren Barton, the current FOX analyst and a fellow owner (San Diego Flash). We heard from ex-Metrostars and Swansea forward Giovanni Savarese on the New York Cosmos project, and plenty of talk on our friendship with the NASL.
    There was USWNT’s veteran and World Cup winner Shannon MacMillan on her life in soccer, and L.A. Galaxy social media star Chris Thomas on how they do their thing in Carson.
    Nick was invited to speak on a social media panel with Dennis Crowley of Stockade FC — who also started Foursquare — Chris Jones of Nashville FC, Diane Scavuzzo of Goal Nation and John Weinerth of SportNgin. That last gentlemen is responsible for our upcoming new NPSL website, and app.
    We met the league’s new managing director, Jef Thiffault and had the opportunity to spend a little time with him. His experiences helping grow Major League Soccer make for some great stories, and we’re proud to know the NPSL is being guided by his ambitious and creative mind.
    So it shakes down like this for 2015, we are going to play six teams home-and-away in the regular season: Indy Eleven B, Fort Pitt Regiment, FC Indiana, Erie Commodores, AFC Cleveland and Rochester RiverdogZ FC.
    We’re also planning on competing against Detroit City FC in the Rust Belt Derby, and there’s even talks of inviting the new RiverdogZ side to make the Upstate NY Derby a three-pronged event with Greater Binghamton FC Thunder. Other friendlies are also in the works, and we will have a minimum of seven home games.
    NPSL Midwest Playoffs will be hosted by one of the playoff teams over the weekend of July 22-24. We’re hoping its in Buffalo, yet another reason to finish in first.
    The NPSL semifinals will be hosted the next weekend at the higher seed, and the championship is set for Saturday, Aug. 6.
    On the Open Cup, until further notice it’s critical to finish with the top record in the region. There’s no reason to rest once a division is clinched, should we find that luxury, as outside of playoff teams spots will be given to gaudy numbers first. Let’s do this.
    We’ve learned of some ways to make much-needed and long-awaited improvements to our store, and mostly came away inspired to put last year’s sick, bitter end behind us. We control our own destiny. We’re excited to move forward, as always, for our city.
    Also, San Diego is a big, fun, warm place. Hit 80 degrees a few times… in December. Wonderful stuff.
    All the best,
    FC Buffalo’s ownership
    Follow @FCBuffalo

3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Buffalo 2010 thread...

kenntomasch repped this.
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, I could ask the Mods to change the title I guess but since I'm pretty much the only one who posts here, it's not worth the effort nor is it worth starting a brand new thread for them either.

Mad Hattah repped this.
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.fcbuffalo.org/murphy-adds-dozen-more-to-2016-roster/

FC Buffalo head coach Brendan Murphy announced the addition of 12 players to the 2016 NPSL roster on Monday.

“We’re really excited at the group Coach Murphy has built and will be second-to-none by the time our entire roster arrives in Buffalo,” said FCB general manager. “Given the rigors of scheduling and the various academic calendars around the NCAA, we believe we have tremendous depth for anything that could happen across our schedule.”

7. Mad Hattah

Mad Hattah Member

Jun 7, 2000
    North Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I admire your commitment to the cause. It's hard to post in a forum when no one else replies. :thumbsup:

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in 2008 we applied for a team in Utica NY...so I guess that I might live a bit vicariously though the existing teams.

amancalledmikey and Mad Hattah repped this.
  9. Mad Hattah

Mad Hattah Member

Jun 7, 2000
    North Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NPSL? What happened? How far along were you with putting together a team/etc?

10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah NPSL...we held tryouts, secured a home field venue, scheduled some exhibitions, even put the franchise fee and the application into the league and then I found out that my business partner invested some of my money in his outside interests...

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+