FC Bayern vs. Vfb Stuttgart [R] July 26

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by BMike86, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a win by shootout today Stuttgart moves on to face Bayern at Allianz Arena on July 26th. :D The winner will face the winner of Bremen/Schalke in the final on August 2nd in Leipzig.

LEAGUE CUP
    Semifinal
    Allianz Arena
    8:30 pm CEST

FC Bayern Munchen
    vs
    VFB Stuttgart

2. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Well I think it's clear that Ballack,Schweini and Lucio will start, I am guessing Demi and Ze will be Subs.

3. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see no reason why last year's lineup would not suffice, with the obvious replacement of Ismael for the departed Kovac.

.......................Kahn
    Sagnol.......Ismael......Lucio......Lizarazu
    ...................Demichelis
    Scholl/Deisler....Ballack......Schweinsteiger
    ..............Makaay....Pizarro

If Scholl doesn't start, he will come on in the second half. Other potential change to include Scholl would be to put Ballack in for Demichelis, and Scholl at attacking mid, but this typically was Magath's attack-oriented change at halftime last season.

4. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like this until Lahm comes back

----------Makaay---------Karimi-----------
    -----------------Ballack--------------------
    ---Schweinsteiger---------Deisler-----------
    ----------------Hargreaves-----------------
    ---Demichelis--Ismael--Lucio----Sagnol------
    ------------------Kahn---------------------

Just my opinion

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Ze Roberto will see some action. No reason why we should beat them again :D

6. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    is this game of alot of importance, so will magath try to win it, and are you expecting a lot of fans ppl
    stutgart is a great opponent, looking forward to this

7. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You gotta think Trapattoni would love to start his tenure at Stuttgart by beating his former team, even if it is in a fairly meaningless pre-season tournament. Too bad he couldn't get a replacement for Hleb signed in time.

8. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough... everyone entitled to their own, right? ;)

Hargreaves will start over Demichelis ONLY if Martin is not match-fit yet (late arrival due to Confed Cup). Point of note...Demichelis has never ever played Left Back for Magath, ever.

As far as Karimi, I think he will see time, but not in the starting XI. Pizarro will get the nod likely. Scholl could also get a spot in the starting XI as well... again, depends on whether or not Schweiny and Deisler are match-fit as well.

Another starter for Magath all last season was Brazzo... I didn't even figure him in, simply overlooked. He very well could see time at either flank in the midfield or back.

This will be an interesting match.

--------------------------------------

On a personal note, I would like to see some players that I have not seen in a big match yet (ie. Ismael, Karimi, Santa Cruz) and/or see some of Munich's most loyal players that have been at preseason training from day one (ie. Scholl, Hargreaves).

9. AliKarimi

AliKarimi New Member

May 10, 2005
    Tehran
    Bayern completed a four-day training camp in Bonn with a final workout on Friday morning. Ahead of the session, fcbayern.de caught up with boss Felix Magath for a review of the squad's stay in the former German capital.

The coach was delighted to welcome back the final seven members of his senior squad. "We're focusing on our common goals together again at last," he explained, insisting he was unmoved by a storm of media speculation over the futures of key individuals Michael Ballack and Oliver Kahn. "That's Uli Hoeneß and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's business. I'm sure they'll achieve the very best result for this football club," Magath declared.

Interview: Felix Magath

fcbayern.de: Felix Magath, your four days in Bonn are coming to an end. What shape is the team in, four days ahead of the League Cup semi-final, their first competitive match?

Felix Magath: "The players who've been with me for three weeks already are in very good shape, but the seven who only arrived back here at the training camp have some catching up to do. They'll need to work hard and make up the ground on the others as fast as possible."

fcbayern.de: What's your impression of the players who only returned this week?

Magath: "They obviously enjoyed their holidays, and they've come back in good spirits. Everyone's delighted we're up to full strength again at last and focusing on our common goals together."

fcbayern.de: Michael Ballack's potential contract extension has made the headlines over the last few days. What influence can you bring to bear on whether he stays in Munich beyond 2006?

Magath: "I'm staying well out of the way for the most part. That's Uli Hoeneß and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's business. I'm sure they'll achieve the very best result for this football club. Obviously, I speak to Michael now and then, and I use our conversations to try and persuade him to remain with us for a good few seasons yet."

fcbayern.de: Oliver Kahn is out of contract next summer, but the 36-year-old says he wants to keep on playing after that. Will he sign an extension at Bayern?

Magath: "I'm not sure he himself has an answer to that question yet. He'll wait and see what happens over the next few months."

fcbayern.de: You have three new faces in your squad: Ali Karimi, Valérien Ismael and Andreas Ottl. How are they doing?

Magath: "All three have settled in very quickly. There haven't been any major problems, not even for Ali Karimi. I think they're all feeling good."

fcbayern.de: You have a first real test on Tuesday in the League Cup semi-final. Can you say what your line-up will look like?

Magath: "Not yet. The players who only returned this week are well short of full fitness. One or two of them will end up on the subs' bench. It'll be a rather different line-up compared to the team for the Bundesliga opener against Monchengladbach."

fcbayern.de: Good luck to you and your players for the League Cup and the return to the Bundesliga action."

some of the german internationals may not start, Karimi may

10. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Just post the link.

11. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D Too bad for them.

12. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Scholl is injured.

13. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See the thing is we have too many good midfielders. Some are old and will retire soon, some will get injured, and some will move on. So even though right now it might be an issue. In the future it will be just fine. I personally like these guys if we were to start 5 midfielders in between our strike and defense

--------Makaay---------------Pizarro---------
    -------------Karimi--------Ballack------------
    ----Schweinsteiger---------------Deisler------
    -----------------Hargreaves------------------
    ----Lahm-----Ismael-----Lucio----Sagnol-----
    --------------------Kahn---------------------

That will probably be my lineup in Fifa 2006 when it comes out in November

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS GOING TO BE THE STARTING LINEUP. THIS IS JUST WHO I LIKE IN THOSE POSITIONS :D

14. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MAN I SUCK!!!!!!! :confused: I Can't even fricken count right. :confused:

15. AliKarimi

AliKarimi New Member

May 10, 2005
    Tehran
    will any channels in the US show this?

thanks

16. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Check out this site , it shows you some of the channels that will show the games.

If you can read Arabic then I suggest you use the Arabic version of the site because it has more information and uptodate scores.

17. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No US channels should be showing it. The only chance is GolTV. But I am pretty sure they dont even show Bundesliga. Usually if you dont want to pay pay per view you can find a German match on Fox Soccer Channel. But I can not find anything. If I find a channel I will let you guys know. :D

The next match should be better whether it is Bremen or Schalke. :)

18. AliKarimi

AliKarimi New Member

May 10, 2005
    Tehran
    I have goltv and FSC

19. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    ill have a torrent from Maxxed (jeffie) , ready, dnt worry

20. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what the heck does that mean?? Is that a feed or something?? :confused:

21. anlas1

anlas1 Member

Aug 21, 2003
    New York
  22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thx for the info, good stuff :D I have FCB Champions so I don't really care for having to pay a lot to see Bayern every week. FCB is good enough plus Fox Sports Channel. That is my opinion though. Some Bayern addicts could definately find that dish stuff useful though. :D

23. Karimi8Rulz

Karimi8Rulz New Member

Jul 3, 2005
  24. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    ^^is that confirmed

25. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT