News: FC Bayern München finances & economic development thread

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Bazi, May 29, 2013.

1. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I won't pretend to know a ton about fan tokens, on the surface they seem to be cryptocurrency that allow holders to vote on mostly minor decisions related to their clubs.

Why not just join the club instead?

2. NavyVet

NavyVet Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Mar 1, 2022
    Beverly Hills, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think I have an idea why we do not apply fan token. Fan token sounds like almost IPO stock. Dortmund tried this in the late 90s, after they wont he UCL and it was an absolute disaster. Dortmund had to get a $2-3,000,000 loan from ironically Bayern Munich who helped save Dortmund. I think the reason why we don't go with the fan token or IPO route to raise funds is it usually does not end well. Now I am not going to pretend to be an expert on Bayern Munich's. Bayern Munich is the 6th richest club in the world, according to this list. I thought we were a bit higher at #4 but here it is
    Rank Club League Revenue 2021-22
    1 Manchester City Premier League £619.1m
    2 Real Madrid La Liga £604.5m
    3 Liverpool Premier League £594.3m
    4 Manchester United Premier League £583.2m
    5 Paris Saint-Germain Ligue 1 £554m
    6 Bayern Munich Bundesliga £553.5m
    7 Barcelona La Liga £540.5m
    8 Chelsea Premier League £481.3m
    9 Tottenham Premier League £442.8m
    10 Arsenal Premier League £367.1m

We are just 2 million Euros from leap frogging PSG and 20 million away from surpassing Man U, about 31 million from surpassing Liverpool. It will be a minute before we catch Man City and Real Madrid who are both above 600,000,000.
    Bayern need to 1- invest in their farm system, like they did in the past, and have smart signings. No super agents and no mega contracts to prima donna stars who are just guns for hire. Develop players from within, like the way Bayern used to. Seems like our finaces are in good standings but I would just do one thing.
    I would get rid of Hassan Brazo. I have nothing against him personally but he chased Hansi Flick out of town and Robert Lewandowski. Now some might say, "Flick wanted to coach the National team." This is true but Flick could not wait to get the hell out of Bayern. The problem is not Bayern's financial situation, it's Hasan Salihamidzi Brazo. He has been promoted to the executive board and does not come form a football background(not that I know of). So far, he has been a spectacular failure.

Bazi repped this.
  3. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Imagine the nightmare had Bayern extended the Qatar sponsorship deal as it positions itself squarely behind Hamas and places the sole blame for the current conflict with Israel.

We narrowly escaped an even bigger PR and potentially even financial nightmare by not extended that relationship.

The replacement wouldn't have been my first choice either, but basically everything is better than representing a bunch of Hamas supporters at this juncture.