PBP: FC Barcelona v SD Eibar | J25 - La Liga 19/20 | 22 February 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi at 18 in La Liga (way ahead of Benz at 13) but way behind Immobile at 26, Lewa at 25 in terms of Golden Boot. In terms of fake Ronaldo, he is 2nd in Italy at 21 but hears footsteps.

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I haven’t seen the game yet .. I’ll watch it tomorrow .

Did he really play Rakitic ahead of FDJ !!!??

I’m confused

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We have CL Tuesday. So don't go on a rant that Rakitic played.

In other news ... Roberto was rested today ... :sneaky:

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Fair point I guess unless Rakitic starts ahead of FDJ in the more serious games

5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Braithwaite highlights, he doesn't actually enter the pitch till the 2:05 mark so you can fast forward to that:

6. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I think for any player it's a chance of a lifetime...I'm sure it was for Prince too, last year only Braithwaite seems to be uniquely prepared for this situation because he's an actual striker.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Prince had attitude problems throughout his career. Probably couldn't care less about playing for Barca specially at the age he came in. Clearly the guy didn't they care of himself in his career so even if he tried it would have been hard for him.

8. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I don't think he had any recent attitude problems, particularly just before he got here. Before he came, he was playing reasonably well for his mid-table or struggling Italian team, kinda like Braithwaite for Leganes. No one gets a call-up from us if they're not at least doing somewhat well.

I think for Prince, he simply didn't fit what we needed. We wanted a center forward, he'd played all his time mostly as a center mid. He just didn't have any nose for goal that we thought he might have had. He had the passing to be our kind of center forward but definitely not the pace and/or creativity to make anything happen. Though after seeing Braithwaite eclipse Prince's season-long on-pitch contributions in just 18 minutes, maybe Prince was also not hungry enough as well.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    No idea? They are 2 of the 6 most expensive transfers of all time!

10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

You don't get it, Craperto is a curse, he damns the games. It's not that Semedo is better ;)

11. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I hope they use what is left of their Barca careers to dilute the haterade in you. ***Sprinkles Lord Paulinho Dust on 'Bele and Couts**) ***

**for when/if he actually rejoins the team

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, that was Messi's only mistake in the first half. Luckily Griezmann's first touch was so bad the ball bounced back to Messi anyway. Does that count as an assist? :laugh:

unclesox repped this.
  13. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi vs Drenthe or the fast ball manipulation, 4 touches in 0,8 seconds:
    [​IMG]

Ozora and ShortyMac repped this.
  14. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Holy smokes! Royston Drenthe... There's a name from the past. Whatever happened to this next-great-player that we once wanted but he opted for LPB instead? Is he still playing?

15. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's retired I think, or got found out and nobody wanted him. Probably now rapping somewhere. Can't believe he played 65 games for Refdrid.

unclesox repped this.
  16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Problem with Griezmann there is that he wanted to put it on his left foot and it was right into a defender. And then it was also a heavy touch. Even if his touch was sharp the defender probably would have gotten it.

17. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Wikipedia, he signed for Sparta Rotterdam in 2018, for a year, then, they didn't renew him, and he signed with Kozakken Boys, in the third division...

unclesox and evil_allan repped this.
  18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    hmmm... not sure, but looks like away goals are not used as a tiebreaker in the league table, so any kind of draw in el clasico this weekend would mean goal difference will become the first tiebreaker after total points.

Just mentioning that here because of the 5-goal victory combined with Madrid's loss. Feb 22 could go down as a crucial day when the dust settles in May.

unclesox repped this.
  19. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Correct. Away goals is only used for cup ties, not league positions.

BocaFan repped this.