PBP: FC Barcelona v Real Madrid CF | J5 - La Liga 20/21 | 24 October 2020

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by BocaFan, Oct 23, 2020.

1. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Absolutely loving the confidence of this lad. Has bright future with us no doubt. Man, I wish he played for the Netherlands NT, but he joined USMNT because he wasn’t guaranteed to start for us.

Jpows, evil_allan and madridista_hr repped this.
  2. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Controversial penalty?
    FB_IMG_1603665070341.jpg

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is that why Ramos fell to the left ? :ROFLMAO:

afar repped this.
  4. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    [​IMG]

If the orange team (which is pulling to the right) lets go of the rope, the blue team will fall to the left.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

5. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Nope. If you tug a shirt, you always fall in the direction of the pull. Basic physics will tell you that. You’re moving your center of mass out in a rope pull.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good one .... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will take it as a joke.

7. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Haha..... I actually looked at this incident one more time because I thought why would Lenglet pull Ramos if the cross was behind both of them at the first place.

I clearly underestimated the dumbness of the Frenchman. What an idiot!

8. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    unfortunately, this time the RM supporter’s claim seems to be valid to me.

Lenglet and Ramos are both moving towards the goal but as the ball is played away from the goal, Ramos starts moving away from the goal. When Lenglet grabs the shirt and let it loose, Ramos falls to the left as he is applying too much pressure.

I might be wrong but this is how I perceive this situation. We should blame the dumbness of our CB instead of blaming the opponent this time.

Deep Pal and evil_allan repped this.
  9. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

Oh definitely, it is Lenglet’s stupidity.

But the premise of using a tug of war versus a jersey pull is wrong - even though both are pulls, they are different as soon as you move the center of mass further and further out.

This doesn’t excuse Lenglet’s stupidity.

10. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Danko repped this.
  11. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    At least Dest is good

12. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
  13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's the thing. Technically its a foul by Lenglet but show me a corner kick or free kick into the box where there isn't at least one attacker being impeded, pushed or tugged ever-so-slightly. But no foul is called on the defense 95% of the time, not even when the ball doesn't sail 10 meters over everyone's head.

14. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    During El Clásico and Lenglet's alleged 'foul' on Sergio Ramos, the assistant referee told Martínez Munuera: "It's a foul on Ramos, it's a foul on Ramos" and "Sergio Ramos grabbed Lenglet's shirt first" #ElClásico (via
    @QueThiJugues)

Barcelona don't rule out asking for a recording of the conversation that the referees had with the VAR on Saturday, when they decided to give Ramos the penalty. [@Marsallorente]

The referee’s father and the referee is a known Madridista, per reports.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There is no shirt tugging from Ramos. There is a "push" though ... which has as much pressure as the shirt tugging. Shirt tugging is going to be more obvious though.

It's pretty pathetic from the club to go down this route and for Koeman to cry about it. Move on. It's done and dusted.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yes! Definitely some positives came out of the clasico. Alba also looked a lot better than last season, albeit its just one game against a team he always tore up. Coutinho also seemed more involved than 2 seasons ago. Hopefully he'll just finish those chances next time. And of course Fati.

Huge concerns with Pique and Busquets though. They are both done and dusted. Guess we are kinda forced to play Pique alot, but Busquets should only be playing sparingly IMO.

17. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Yep the Casemiro foul was more of a penalty than the shirt pull on Ramos. Sure one is easier to notice but in terms of severity of contact and actually impeding a player...

But as Celito said... done and dusted. Move on!

18. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We have to focus more on future games. Koeman should stop moaning and move on. Even La Liga president is a Real Madrid fanboy, but we can’t do anything about it.

19. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    So...if something wrong is done and people aren't talking about it...does that make the wrong right ? Bizarre logic. Smh.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The "wrong" that I'm highlighting here is the inconsistency. Obviously its not good that wrong non-calls are made all the time, but suddenly changing the standard practice in the 65th minute of el clasico only makes matters worse for reasons that are not difficult to understand.

21. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    There are bound to be inconsistencies, as the referee and VAR team isn't the same for all the matches.

The shirt ripping of Real Betis player was a clear penalty, so was Harry McGuire choke slamming Azpilicueta. These two weren't called out and Ramos did embellish, but technically it was a penalty, can't understand what's the complaint over here ?

That VAR has to be consistent with inconsistency ?

And as we debate this, Koeman is facing a 4 match ban for his tirade. Barcelona has been one of the biggest and one of the most successful clubs, really doesn't suit to look like bad losers.

22. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    #172 Jpows, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    So what are you saying here? Everybody complains about VAR decisions, this is not something new. When the “inconsistencies” go your way, you stay silent, when it doesn’t, you speak up. It’s just the way things go and is always convenient for the one benefited or disadvantaged by the call.

It seems like Koeman is really convinced that VAR got it wrong and is acting from that premise. If that’s the case it has nothing to do with winning or losing but simply with the already-mentioned VAR inconsistencies.

Barcelona isn’t the first nor the last club to complain about VAR decisions whether it be justified or not, and looking like sore losers in the process, Madrid included. Maybe not as incessant but just as suggestive. So let’s not get carried away here.

At the end of the day I agree that it’s a bad look for the club as it’s obviously a waste of time at this point. Just let it go and move on.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    No, right now VAR is consistently inconsistent. The complaint is that VAR should be more consistent. Its one of the main reasons it was introduced if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I had a similar rant about VAR in the Madrid forum a week or two ago so its not only because Barca was on the wrong end of a random decision. My point then is the same as here: if VAR only overturned the blatant mistakes than it would make the game better. But what we're seeing is it doesn't necessarily overrule blatant referee mistakes, but often does overrule marginal calls made on the field (e.g. when someone is judged to be 2 millimeters offside, or when 2 guys are pushing and pulling each other in the box).

24. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yes because soccer is a game that requires creativity when nothing is happening. That creativity doesn't really come from tired minds and legs. Wasn't fond of Valverde when he stuck with the same 11 guys for 80 minutes in a game, not fond of Koeman doing it either, especially now with 5 subs available.

We were close to getting our chances the first 60 or so minutes, but our defense missing its otherworldly performers ( Neto isn't Ter Stegen. Lenglet isn't Umtiti) and I'm not sure we've shown that much ability to strike back offensively either.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    In most matches so far this season Koeman has made 2 subs by around the 60th minute. So I don't see him being similar to Valverde in that way. At least not based on the early evidence. The late subs in the clasico I think was due to how the match played-out. i.e. Coutinho was generating chances, Fati got the goal, Messi is Messi. Didn't really make sense to take any of them out early IMO, nor could we swap out a defensive player for an attack-minded one as we were already quite shaky in defense.