PBP: FC Barcelona v Levante UD | J22 - La Liga 19/20 | 2 February 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 2, 2020.

1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’ve heard rumours that Liverpool are mulling over MBappe or Sancho in the summer

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sure. Doesn't mean PSG will sell the spearhead of their big project to a direct rival.

Sancho, I'd assume, is a much more realistical transfer target (for any giant club), as Dortmund doesn't operate like PSG and the club isn't defined so much by the player.

As for Liverpool, it will be interesting to see how much they will fall from their current level in the near future, and what kind of moves they will make. Mbappe or not.

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    The suggestion is that they will lose Salah ...

4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Some can suggest that, sure. If you're Liverpool, would you want to lose a 27-year-old Salah? No. He works so well for them, and is hitting his prime years.

Sometimes when teams become incredibly good (even if they have been clearly on the lucky/positive side of the xG stat this year), it causes some players to become complacent or want more individuals rewards than they'd deserve etc. Liverpool should get rid of those players, but I haven't seen anything like that from Salah. Maybe Liverpool would prefer to have Mbappe over Salah, maybe, but selling Salah doesn't do much for that as PSG isn't selling Mbappe. And if they do, which they won't, RM won't be easily out-bid.

IMO, the best thing Liverpool can do to their attack is to focus on solid back-ups so that Firmino, Salah and Mane are not burnt to the ground. It works too well for them to change it now, sure in the near future, but no way for 2020-2021.

5. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mbappe shouldn’t join a cheap club like Liverpool. They ain’t staying at top in the future and will be shite once Klopp leaves. He should join Barca and we’ll make him the best player in the future generation.

6. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Barca only needs a good board tbh and then everything will be alright. Sell the lazy players and revamp the squad. Let’s be honest, Liverpool isn’t a team that could dominate UCL or PL for years. They were lucky af against us last season and even with an incompetent coach, we still destroyed their ass in first leg.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Why? Barca aren't dominating now and we have Messi who is better.

At this point, we need to spend money (if we have it) across 3 top players (instead of one super star) since we have multiple holes to fill.

8. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Uh, Messi+Mbappe

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I feel that they're already there. Meaning they have looked pretty good to me when only 2 of those 3 are playing. Mane has been injured the past 2 matches and I haven't noticed much drop. And of course they beat Barca 4-nil. :(

Normally I wouldn't use such a small sample size to draw conclusions, but even on paper their GK, backline, midfield and "only" 2 of the big 3 up front is still better than any other starting XI in the world atm IMO.

TitoTata repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I guess. Although by the 2021-22 season we have to probably accept that we won't have Messi in his prime anymore. Its amazing enough that he's lasted this long without declining that much. All the more reason why one player won't fix our problems.

I rather get 2-3 solid players to upgrade us in 2-3 positions, like we did with FdJ taking-over from Raki. Getting Mbappe won't stop us from conceding 3-4 goals every time we play a good attacking team on the road.

11. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, I agree.

12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, I agree.

13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    no club can dominate europe and their own league forever (at best you could possibly dominate your own league), for whatever reason this seems lost on some