PBP: FC Barcelona v Granada | J20 - La Liga 19/20 | 19 January 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jan 16, 2020.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    TBH, I didn't notice him getting shoved off the ball with ease. I did notice him give the ball away a couple of times witht his passing including one that almost directly led to a late equalizer for Granada.

Yeah, not worried about his physical size at all. Same height as Xavi/Messi/Iniesta. Sure he's skinnier but I'm guessing Xavi was skinnier too 20 years ago.:p People are gonna naturally fill out with age especially if they make a living as an athlete.

OTOH Puig is quicker than Xavi ever was so there's that...

2. Curls

Curls Member

Oct 22, 2017
    You sure about that? Perhaps i'm wrong by claiming he was shoved off the ball as I can't remember precisely if he was in possession of the ball or if he was just pressing but he absolutely did get shoved to the ground on 3 or 4 occasions.

Not a case of being worried but more of a case of pointing out what he needs to improve on, there is no doubt that the management team at Barca will be looking in to improving his physical strength.

Very true.

Anyway, generally very impressed by Puig, particularly the way he linked up with the likes of Messi and Busquets, very much reminded me of the Tiki Taka era. Such a shame that these kinds of talent were not given much of a chance under Valverde.

3. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    hmm... interesting graphic. Indeed, Fati was not very involved in this match. Not ready, IMO. Would like to see Carles Perez get more time instead.

6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #106 Gilmango, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    good 5.5 minute highlights but Ray Hudson alert

good 10.5 minute version, still English & no Ray Hudson, but around the time of the 8 minute mark they show German get his 2nd yellow (but don't explain it was his 2nd), then the Messi goal, then switches so some b.s. video game crap, so the first one is better

7. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I wonder if Mr Stones is still the CB we must have....

8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    meh seen better football with Barcelona so no need to dream about it.

evil_allan, BocaFan and celito repped this.
  9. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    nope

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah at least when Barca is in a CL final half the world isn't reaching for the remote 20 minutes in, like during the 2018 and 2019 finals. :sleep:

celito and condor11 repped this.
  11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    they also managed to win the league while getting the CL.

Maybe Liverpool can do that this season...but either way Barca has two trebles and a two doubles in their 4 Champion League wins this century

now that is football most clubs can only dream of

evil_allan repped this.
  12. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    2008-2012 Pep era and 2014-2016 Lucho era are better.