FC All Mexie Final

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by DaNi FiLtH, Aug 29, 2002.

1. DaNi FiLtH

DaNi FiLtH New Member

Sep 27, 2001
    Huntington Park, CA
    Pachuca FC Vs Morelia FC

To face off.

Coming soon... ;)

:D

2. Schism

Schism Red Card

Jan 8, 2002
    Mexico City
    Finally a good worth watching FC match

¡A la final!
    + Monarcas y Pachuca avanzan
    +Copa Campeones de Concacaf

(Redacción), 28 de agosto.- Monarcas Morelia y Pachuca disputarán la final de la Copa de campeones de Concacaf al avanzar en sus respectivos compromisos este miércoles, dentro de los partidos de vuelta.

Monarcas cumplió el trámite, tras empatar 1-1 como visitante ante el Kansas City Wizards de los Estados Unidos.

El técnico Rubén Omar Romano uso a una buena parte de jugadores suplentes para este encuentro, quienes soportaron las embestidas de un rival que luchó por conseguir el milagro.

A los 30 minutos, el elemento Chris Klein propinó un codazo al atacante Antonio González, lo que le valió una tarjeta roja directa a cargo del árbitro Mike Seifert. Cinco minutos después, Mike Burns cometió una mano dentro del área que ameritó la segunda expulsión para Kansas City y, de paso, un tiro penal.

José Antonio Noriega se encargó de ejecutarlo para poner 1-0 el marcador y 7-1 global, una cifra difícil de revertir por los anfitriones.

Finalmente, Wizards pudo abrir la hermética defensa moreliana, a los 68 minutos. Davy Arnaud recibió un servicio en las afueras del área visitante y solo entre varios rivales aguantó la llegada de Chris Brown, quien de derecha mandó un tiro a la izquierda del arquero Moisés Muñoz, significando el 1-1 y 2-7.

En adelante, el dominio fue alterno, pero sin ocasiones claras de gol, sino más bien de mucho ajetreo.

En Pachuca, el conjunto de los "Tuzos" hizo efectivo su dominio ante el Alajuelense de Costa Rica, al llevarse el triunfo 2-0, en el estadio Hidalgo.

Tras mostrar un buen juego defensivo, depender del contragolpe y hacer tiempo en otras jugadas, el cuadro tico no pudo soportar la presión de Pachuca y al minuto 25 Sergio Santana adelantó al cuadro de Alfredo Tena.

A pesar de la desventaja, los centroamericanos no modificaron su esquema y eso fue su peor error, ya que a once minutos del final, el argentino Walter Silvani realizó un dramático remate de cabeza que le dió el pase al cuadro hidalguense.

3. Capitan Galan

Capitan Galan New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Estado de Mexico
    It looks like we might have a Fuerzas Basicas final :)

4. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    And the pattern continues...

'97 - Cruz Azul (MFL)
    '98 - D.C. United (MLS)
    '99 - Necaxa (MFL)
    '00 - LA Galaxy (MLS)
    '01 - Concalaugh screwed up
    '02 - Pachurelia (MFL)

Hmm....looks like it is MLS's turn again next season. One more reason for Dallas to win this year.

5. RBourd52

RBourd52 Member

Jul 23, 1999
    Woodbridge, CT
    Congrats to the MFL. Wait 'till next year!

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I was thinking the same thing?

How much is grand prize? If its 50K... you are better off taking your reserve team...no need to risk an injury or soemthing....

And not only that... i think its best they do that considering both will particpate in the pre-pre libertadores...

With the CCC, and regular season, and the PEPELIB all at the same time..... its vital that your reserves get thier feet wet and get some playing time.

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    MFL FINAL

I dont think that Morelia and Pachuca will use its reserves. Both teams will want to win the Cup. Who wouldnt want more silverware..

I think the TFC wanted the MFL Clubs to advance this far. That is why the games were postponed. The TFC wanted to have at least one MFL club in the final.

This is the first year tha the TFC got the format right. with Home and Away matches as opposed to all games beign played in the U.S. in one venue. Anyways another reason why the MFL Clubs wont use reserves is because both games will be played in Mexico..

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: MFL FINAL

The PPL, CCC, and the league is too much. The reserves will play. They have always played. Maybe not all of them.... but a good majority of them..

Silverware? I think its a plastic trophy....

9. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    rdl

Silverware? I think its a plastic trophy....

This Cup used to be played in one week in the U.S in the same venue. The MFL clubs would send reserves because of the prize money and because the games coincided with League play.

In the TFC's intent to make this Cup better they made the games Home and Away. To ensure that the MFL Clubs used their best players they even postponed games for them.

Now you can say that the MFL clubs arent taking this game seriously but Morelia used their starters in their Home game against K-City and Pachuca did the same againast Alajulense..

PACHUCA: Calero; Rodríguez, López Meneses y JJ Hernández; Correa, Arango, Victorino y Chitiva; Santana (Sosa 85´) y Silvani.

http://www.esto.com.mx/esto/020829/fut_inter/7fut_inter.asp

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: rdl

This Cup used to be played in one week in the U.S in the same venue. The MFL clubs would send reserves because of the prize money and because the games coincided with League play.

I am well aware of the games and its origens.

In the TFC's intent to make this Cup better they made the games Home and Away. To ensure that the MFL Clubs used their best players they even postponed games for them.

This was not about making the Cup better... this was about getting more money.

Now you can say that the MFL clubs arent taking this game seriously but Morelia used their starters in their Home game against K-City and Pachuca did the same againast Alajulense..

What about on the road? I didnt think so. Although some of the starters have played.. both Tena and Romano have switched it around. Pachuca has 2 games pending (against America and Cruz Azul) and both of them are away. Like I said.... with the PPL and the regular season at stake here..... dont be surprised if they use thier reserve squad.. Pachuca is in last place of its gruop... Do you think its going to jeapardize any chance of not going to the Liguilla by putting more importance on a warner Cup? When America won the prestigous Giants Cup....they were criticized.... no parades... no nothing...If Pachuca wins the TFC cup...but still happens to be in last place of the gruop..... 99.9% of the fans will not be too happy about it.

This is how important the Cup means to Pachuca... they wanted to reschedule the game against Alaj. the first time around because they wanted to concentrate on America.

No one likes to lose... but whats even worse than losing is being criticized just to be criticized. Tena is feeling the heat right now...

With those 2 games pending, the pre-pre games, and the regular seaosn already in its 5th week.....the pressure is mounting...

I expect reserves to be used in some of the PPL games. I expect reserves to be used in the CCC. I expect some reserves during the regular season... its the only way your team can survive competitively..... That is how Morelia and America got by last year..... Morelia's keeper Munos and Iñiguez got to see more playing time.... because of it....and they have responded well.... I doubt Davino, Fernandez, Franco, Noriega, Morales... would have held up physically

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    rdl

If the Championship game is not important and the Cup is plastic then what are you doing wasting your time in this forum ?!!?

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

Simple VS. Its Mexican football and I keep up with it.

I see you are keeping up with it for reasons other than it being Mexican... Could it be because a certain argie (Romano)??? TSK TSK TSK

You still trying to show me up VS? maybe tomorrow... ;)

13. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

For footballing purposes, Los Angeles isn't exactly in the United States...

14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ya the travel schedule for the Galaxy must of been brutal.

15. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Simple VS. Its Mexican football and I keep up with it.

Is this why you forgot that Castro, Becerra and Patino had played in the Giants Cup ? :)

I see you are keeping up with it for reasons other than it being Mexican...

I have just kept up with some results of the MFL Clubs. One reason is that i always talked about Home and Away beign a more accurate form of determining the best Clubs. Even if Games are played in L.A for MFL Clubs there isnt that presure of losing at Home.

16. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    LA GaLAxy, TFC club champs. Long may their banner wave as undethroned (is this a word?) champs! Nice to see the teams to take their place (San Jose Flakes, Dirt Clod United, Kansas City Gizzards) showed themselves as worthy representatives. :rolleyes:

All of that just to say, "Will the winner of this match be allowed to defend their title as champion?" ;)

17. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    WHOLMAN2

The Champions Cup that the Galaxy Won can NOT compare this new and improved TFC CC. I say this for one reason and one reason Only. Home and Away matches. :)

18. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Galaxy:

We agree. If the defending champions are not in the tournament, the winner of the tournament is illegitimate.

Sincerely,

Necaxa

19. pugetsoundmls

pugetsoundmls New Member

Oct 6, 2000
    Seattle
    As you guys probably know, next year's format supposedly will have not one group phase (good idea), but two (bad). Whether this competition has any legit future may be determined by how each league/region chooses their representatives and whether those teams play to win or play it as a glorified exhibition. I'd like to think with increased prize money and some attempt to market the event, it could be pretty interesting. I want it to succeed, but because of the way you know who runs the FC, label me skeptical.

20. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    Re: WHOLMAN2

A real good reason to exclude the defending champion. :rolleyes:

Now if the GaLAxy had some players from T&T, who knows what Jack might have done...

21. Capitan Galan

Capitan Galan New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Estado de Mexico
    Originally posted by WHOLMAN2
    Nice to see the teams to take their place (San Jose Flakes, Dirt Clod United, Kansas City Gizzards) showed themselves as worthy wepresentatives. :rolleyes:

Don't forget the Chicago Fire... You know, I just realised that's 40% of the MLS, Including the current league leader and current MLS champ San Jose :eek:

All of that just to say, "Will the winner of this match be allowed to defend their title as champion?"
    [/QUOTE]

I don't know, Ask Cruz Azul or Necaxa.

22. TerremotoFan

TerremotoFan New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    San Jose, Ca

23. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    And ill make it shorterr...do you make it a point to put your best players during the second half?

24. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts

1. CONCACAF got their wish by having an all-Mexico final.
    2. CONCACAF screwed up by not securing TV rights for any of the matches.
    3. This tournament was by design to be more like the Champions League in the EU and separate from the one to two week tournies we've seen staged in January in (usually) LA.
    4. To the poster about the Dallas Burn -- ha ha! unless you win the MLS Cup ya'll are screwed out of next years. :p
    5. I hope this format continues but that all league sit down together and have set "match days" rather than leaving it up to the clubs to figure out the scheduling. There should also be a few more CONCACAF clubs invited--champions from other leagues around our region, maybe even the A-League champ--for round robin group play which would bring the tourney more in line with what goes on in the EU which is allegedly CONCACAF ultimate goal.

Salut!

Kirsten

25. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: My thoughts

1. CONCACAF got their wish by having an all-Mexico final.

I think they wanted the MFL to use more of thier regular players rather than reserves.... which I think was accomplished to a degree...

Blazer had a meeting with the FMF president a week before the World Cup.. his intentions were to build its bridges again with the FMF. FInally, they said that CONCACAF and the FMF had not gotten along...

2. CONCACAF screwed up by not securing TV rights for any of the matches.

Thats my biggest beef... Does warner still have rights to the cup?