Favre -> Time to part ways

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BvB_Peon, Oct 5, 2019.

?

Time to part ways with Favre?

1. Agree

93.3%
  2. Disagree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

6.7%
  1. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Yes that's his plan. And I would add the idea is also to tire the opposition in the 1st half and capitalize on that in the 2nd.

I have to say that this plan, although boring as hell, does have one positive aspect: It doesn't run our players to the ground! Compare for example to Tuchel's *constant* high press, which I feel was a bit careless in regards to risking injuries. I don't mind high press in certain games where it may help. But not every minute of every game like Tuchel used to do.

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We now have a far stronger and better squad. Running players into the ground is not an issue.

Not to mention, when it does not work we actually have to expend more energy chasing the game.

Lastly it does not tire the opposition out, because Favre wants to take no risk, so we don't move the ball quickly. Instead we pass the ball, most notably Witsel slowly and sideways or worse backwards. Teams comfortable can shuffle across.

We have lost 1/3 of our Bundesliga games and we have not exactly had a difficult start. We currently sit 4th in the table

3. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Can't see our spineless management sticking their tongues out of Favre's a**. With that being said, he will remain our manager and continue looking inept as always. In the end we will finish top 4 in the Bundesliga, reach the Round of 16 in the CL and management will call it a good performance. Nevermind the fact that Favre has two >100M players at his disposal that could probably walk into the starting XI of any team in the world and solid options in the other areas of the field. Waste of potential and time.

astrophyz and BVBFNM repped this.
  4. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Favre isn't fired now, then there is a real risk of failing to even make top 4. The results are now reflecting the majority of insipid performances.

Losing to Augsburg, at home Koln and getting destroyed at home by Stuttgart with this squad of played is totally unacceptable. Surely Watzke and Zorc recognise this?

BvB_Peon repped this.
  5. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I doubt it. I fully expect Favre to come out and say something lie : I am very satisfied with the result, we scored a great goal and in my book that is enough against a team like Stuttgart...

MtnGardener and Alex C repped this.
  6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Who would you want to take over as the temporary manager?

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    He is gone. Favre has been sacked.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I started reading this thread yesterday again from the beginning and one thing is obvious: It was one year too late. Nothing had changed.

We are at times a rather pessimistic lot here and wrong about many things but this development was one aspect that most here saw coming. It's undeniable now that at the very least, the change should have been made this summer after that dogshit preseason.

MtnGardener and BvB_Peon repped this.
  9. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Should have never been hired in the first place. Now I feel like throwing a party.

BvB_Peon and Alex C repped this.
  10. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Ye!! Drinks are on me!!