Favre -> Time to part ways

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BvB_Peon, Oct 5, 2019.

?

Time to part ways with Favre?

1. Agree

93.3%
  2. Disagree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

6.7%
  1. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I really don't see the viability of any of those candidates, either through them being unattainable, or alternatively, just not being good enough if I'm being honest.
    I also don't understand why or how a shortlist that doesn't contain Allegri, could possibly be on the cards.
    Another option Dortmund might want to consider is Jorge Jesus of Flamengo, all the more if they manage to convince Inter to let go of Barbosa along with him.
    And anyone have a link to the Inside Dortmund documentary ... how did any of you manage to watch it ?

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Awful options and sad to see this team wasted by more average managers.

3. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I am completely "Favre out" now. The leadership better be thinking hard of other options, either short-term or long-term.

4. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Today i read that Zorc said that Favre will remaine and that he has 100% support of the board..
    I know that almost every board says that when the crisis hits and then they sack the coach, but knowing our board, everything is possible..
    Our club at the moment is in real mess, in some deep shit and you dont know who to blame more, Favre or the FO?

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I understood Zorc's comments as rather lukewarm support. As I read it, he didn't answer whether he can guarantee that Favre remains the coach independent of the result against Berlin. They trust his work and believe that they can achieve the turnaround with him but the need for these kind of comments alone shows that a coach is in trouble if good results don't follow immediately.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Daniel Farke is the man for the Dortmund job. He knows the club, he is brave and plays football the right way.

He will probably go down with Norwich, but he is the man to take the team forward.

Mouringo would have gotten results in the short term.
    Nagelsman is an impossible dream.

Farke is then one.

7. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Maybe, don’t know much about Farke, but isn’t he under contract with Norwich?
    If we don’t get a new coach latest by January, I’m afraid we won’t make the CL spot. Look at BMG, they are already 5 points ahead with relatively worse squad (at least on paper). That’s the difference between LF and Rose. Rose. Nagelsmann, Bayern and maybe PB and Adi are going to finish in front of us at the end of the season

8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Looking at Favre during games tells me all. The guy has this perpetual look of amazement, as if he just can't believe he's been put in charge of one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

9. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Hahaha, i agree.. He has that dumb look like he doesn't know where he is at the moment and what's going on..

I just don't see us in top 4 with him at charge..

10. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And so we now have half the season done with a total of 8-6-3. We didn't even win half our games, we are not in CL position. I thought the board said we we're aiming to top the BL? I thought we were supposed to be considered favorites? Someone needs to take responsibility for this mess. Sure, the front office are to blame too, but for me LF is got to go. He should have been sacked back in October. If we don't sack him now it means the front office are ok with these results and they already abandoned for this season.

11. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Problem is that we become like Arsenal, the only important thing is profit and as long as we play CL (that means be in the top 4 in the BuLi), that is enough.
    And when it comes to players, the rule is to buy cheap and after season or 2 sell high.
    Money is all it matters unfortunately.
    I would like board to go too..
    I want someone ambitious to come, even if we become a little bit "plastic" as Englisg clubs, i dont care

12. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I have never heard Mathias Sammer make a statement, what exactly is he doing at the club?
    Wasn’t he a coach before?

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Another loss. So sad to see the board waste this season and keep Favre at the helm. We have a team that should be aiming to win the CL, but instead we are aiming to make top 4 in the Bundesliga.

14. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    What are you talking about? That was a club friendly right?

15. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Hahahaha.. :)
    But when it comes to Favre, we aint gonna win shit with him in charge, you can take that statement to the bank!

16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    OH i agree. I think he even looks like a freaking DOPE

17. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Should the board finally work up the courage to sack Favre, I must say my biggest concern in said scenario is that rather than take their chances with an up and coming manager eager to take the world by the throat, they will instead choose to waste time and money by hiring another mid-table underachiever.

18. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's been almost 14 months since I open this tread where I came to the conclusion that Favre was not a good coach for us... What is taking the board so long?? Please wake up!!

eaglespark repped this.
  19. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As long as LF looks like finishing in the top 4 and makes the CL last 16 he'll keep his job for this season at least unfortunately.

If the board has real ambition they should be considering replacements, but as usual I expect they will act too slowly and another opportunity to push the club forward will have disappeared.

I honestly feel that with a better coach this squad could win the BL and have a good chance in the CL too, there are not many better teams around.

eaglespark and BvB_Peon repped this.
  20. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    we lost to the last place team... at home... 2-1 ... lol we suck

21. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

I completely agree. Moreover, if we acted and change our coach when Bayern changed theirs we might even be going for a repeat BL title... Now we are going nowhere, complete standstill. LF keeps being saved by great performance of Haaland and a few others when he's completely clueless.

eaglespark repped this.
  22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes we may even have been going for another CL title.

Favre has the likes of Haaland, Reus, Sancho, Brandt, Dahoud, Hazard, Bellingham, Can, Hummels, Raphael etc to choose from.

Yet some people compare him to when we had Castro, Schurle, Yarmolenko and Diallo.

23. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Here is the team that Bosz sometimes had to work with.

Toljan--Toprak--Sokratis--Zagadou

Philipp--Sahin--Gotze--Castro--Yarmolenko

--‐------Auba---

Look at the lack of quality in that team and compare it to now. Apart from the world class Auba it's a terrible team. No Dortmund manager has ever had a squad as strong as this one.

astrophyz repped this.
  24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why does it often take so long for the team to get going? So many poor starts to games, you can't get away with starting slowly all the time. At home to teams like Koln if you get an early goal it makes a ton of difference.

Team should play with more intensity from the start, and I feel that is down to Favre that this rarely happens

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes it is down to Favre and part of the reason he loves Witsel. Favre always wants the team to he patient. Not to take any risk and wait for their opportunity. It's a strategy which works for bottom half of the league teams not top teams.

Favre never sets the team go all out. I saw a crazy stat that 18/21 goals had been scored in the second half. Favre just had no clue how to manage a top team.

It's sad to see even average Premier League teams with much better managers. Bielsa, Potter and even championship Farke would be significantly better than Favre.

Sack him now and we can still save the season.

TimBenneth and Alex C repped this.