Favorite Zizou Moment

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by kraayzizou, Jul 11, 2006.

1. kraayzizou

kraayzizou New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    St. Louis
    Love him or hate him (can't understand how anybody could hate him!), Zinedine Zidane has graced the world football stage with the best individual play of an entire generation, but sadly his era has ended. Through it all, there were some incredible individual moments... So, taking away from the obvious (the greatest goal scored since Maradona's second in the 86 quarter-final)--the Champions League volley, what is your favorite/most memorable moment from Zinedine Zidane?

2. Mibu Clan

Mibu Clan New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Bogota
    EASY!! The goal that never was...

The one where he got away from the keeper with his typical "Rullette" and missed the ********ing shot...

Best momnent... ever!!

3. kraayzizou

kraayzizou New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    St. Louis
  4. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    That was outrageous. Even the camera guy had a tough time staying with him. Great goal. One of many.

5. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
  6. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Not even close. Won't even crack the top 10 all-time. Rivaldo's volley kick was way better.

7. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
  8. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    One of the best moments for me was me he made that outragoeus ball to portillo by putting through some dudes legs.It is a video were chinese guys face was on top of the video.Ill try to find it

10. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I agree... I'll always remember that game, I think it was a 5th or 6th of January, in 2002.

11. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That was against Valencia, two or three years ago.

12. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    For me it has to be the volley from Beckhams long ball against Valladolid because I was there.

13. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Head slamming on Materazzi chest

14. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It has to be the free-kick goals against Spain in Euro 2000 and the one against England in Euro 2004.

16. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    There are so many great goals and fantastic moves that it is too difficult to pick one. It is amazing to see a player that can get the reactions he does from 'simply' trapping the ball.

Since we had a cule post here, I will add another magic moment: 2002 Champions League semifinals at the Nou Camp when Zizou beat Bonano to make it 0-1 and quiet the stadium. Best part for me is that I was there!!

18. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Signing for Real Madrid

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You got that right, buddy. That was an awesome moment. Waking up that morning, turning on the news... I still remember like it was yesterday. And our first season with Zidane, we wore those shirts with the realmadrid.com on it.

20. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Your just jelous because not a single one of your litle barca f*cks made it to the final.

:rolleyes:

21. kraayzizou

kraayzizou New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    St. Louis

Oh what a glorious moment that was...

I think my favorite moment for Zizou with the French national team would have to be the Euro double in the closing minutes vs England.... that free kick was perfection...

22. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    man .. that dad my heart almost stopped.Holy shit.I was soo happy jumping up and won like u ve never seen. I t was crazy shit, pure ecstacy

23. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    haha, I was actually going to say that goal because everyone else had already been posting about his goal vs Depor and his CL final goal.

Another great one was when Ronaldo on the left side of the field crossed it in and Zizou first time vollyed it past the keeper. My memory is failing me right now as to who that was against but I will try to post a video of it.

24. Aragorn00

Aragorn00 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Madrid,Spain
  25. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Becham's expression after ZZ misses is great....Becks like everyone couldn't believe after all that....the ball didn't go in the net.