Favorite Cantona Moments

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by prk166, Nov 10, 2004.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Since we're playing Palace today, I figured now would be a great time to remanice about our favorite Cantona moments at ManU since he joined for £1.2million in '92.

Mine is the FA Cup final against Chelsea in '94. Not so much a moment as a game where he shined & was the time when ManU won the double that seemed to say "we're going to be around at the top for years to come."

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  3. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Ummm - I'm just going (for better or worse) with my avatar...

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Kung Fu Kick - was a disgrace of couse.

Singing Man Utd songs - in the video.

Oh Ah Cantana - chant.

The suposable Leeds tattoo.

What do you think of Frances chances - "I dont care".

7. Ronaldo T Willemski

Ronaldo T Willemski New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Brizroy

Yes yes yes.

Thats a top pic.

8. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    1994: Scores two goals in the 4-0 FA Cup final over Chelsea as United complete the League and Cup double. Voted PFA Player of the Year.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Motterman, was that the outrageous chip against West Ham?

10. Adam_Jonesey

Adam_Jonesey New Member

May 20, 2004
    Salford,Manchester!
    sunderland it was against

11. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    22 Jan 1995. Andy Cole's United debut.

I can still see the goal Eric scored to give us a 1-0 victory over Blackburn.

United attacking the scoreboard end, there's a cross from left (can't remember who by) and it looks like could be a little too deep for Eric running in on the far post. He puts in a super-human effort to get his head to it and the ball goes high into the goal at the near post.

It was by no means his best goal for United but was an important one in a big game (this was the season Blackburn won the title). The reason why it probably stands out for me is the view I had of it. I was still classified as a kid at the time and it was my last season in the family stand. Despite the fact that the goal was scored at the other end of the ground I had the perfect view of it looking on from behind Eric's shoulder, wondering whether or not he would get to the cross, watching him change the direction of his run as he realised the cross was a little too deep before rising to power the ball into the back of the net.

I'll remember that goal for as long as I live.

Funnily enough that was just days before the kung-fu kick incident.

12. erictheking

erictheking Member

Feb 2, 2004
    His goal against wimbledon in the cup

13. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Scoring goals in big games (err ... apart from the Champs League for some reason??).

The goal that beat Newcastle at St. James Park in the game that basically won us the prem (don't think Kevin 'loved' that) & the goal against 'pool in the cup final stand out almost as much as the Liverpool cup final suits that year :)

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Seeing as we're on the subject, does anyone know of a site that has all of Cantona's quotes?

15. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Anyone know links to clips of Cantona's greatest moments?

16. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have many of great Cantona moments but I loved as Fergie put it, "The Hit" in the Cup Final against Arsenal. He hits a rocket off of a tapped free kick from 23 yards out and it just flys past Semen. I have to say another favorite of mine is when he took a long ball down the center of the pitch 30 yards from goal with the back of his heel and to smash the volley into the ground past a hapless keeper. I think the video Au Revoir Cantona video is my favorite video tape!