Father Ted: that money is just resting in our account! The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalTexan3, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

Go on Father. Have a transfer or two.

2. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Go on, go on, go on.

3. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    [​IMG]
    feck....arse......transfer

4. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    nasri gets warmed up
    [​IMG]

5. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    World class. Must Rep!!

6. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Dammit, I nearly showered my monitor and chair over that. :D

7. ilbambino

ilbambino Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After today's performance I am going to say this now. We need another power guy, we need to get rid of a bunch of our worthless midfielders, and we need a guy who can dribble and take on a lot of players, because they decide dead matches. Why we don't drop 30 million pounds for Ganso is beyond me. The guy has immense talent and could serve our club for the next 10 years. London is nicer than Manchester and he'll waste his career at madrid. Imagine him wilshere and nasri working together in the midfield. immense

8. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Ganso tore his ACL.

What really need is balls.

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    for this winter
    i expect more youth transfers and nothing for the senior side
    history always repeat itself :rolleyes:

10. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm known as the rose colored glasses guy on here, so my opinion will probably be laughed off on this matter, but I really don't think any one or two additions to the squad would be the answer to what happened today.

There aren't any individuals I can look at after today and say, "you ********ed up, you need to be replaced." On the first goal Clichy got beat on a headball which turned into a genuinely good countered goal. The penalty was just strange, don't know what Cesc was thinking. No new defensive midfielder or a new center back is going to keep Cesc from going brain dead in that situation. And the last goal was just a goal. Two guys jumped with him, the ball got through both guys and was met with a flick. It's more down to "shit happens" than discipline or whatever.

but maybe I don't understand football. take it however you like.

11. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure Fernando Gago is available.
    I'm sure Thiago Motta is available.
    I'm sure Scott Parker is available.
    I'm sure Jan Vertonghen can be bought.
    Shit - Mascherano may be available on loan!

Just spitballin' here. Don't yell at me. ;)

12. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    that first goal, and most critical id argue, was a comedy of errors.
    i cant recall exactly the participants..
    sagna was definitely one. clichy i believe as well..

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i wish djourou played yesterday :( hes the 'big' centre back we need

14. jimbregas

jimbregas Member

May 20, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Exactly. No one played poorly, the whole team just switched off in the second half. That's not too say we don't need new players though. I'd still like to see us bring in another decent goalkeeper and a CB.

Kind of annoying that we can dominate one half, then completely switch off in the second and miss the chance to go outright top of the league.

15. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe they need to transfer in a few shrinks to help avoid the switching off.

16. Evaldo77

Evaldo77 Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But aren't there players who just refuse to lose and drag their teammates across the line? I think this squad is full of people who act all "woe is me, we are so unlucky" when they should be fighting harder to counteract shit luck. Skill isn't always going to bring the points and sometimes you just have to outwork the opposition and use your brains obviously.

There are players out there who refuse to lose (still lose at times) and that kind of spirit is infectious. (Don't ask me to name one). We don't have any leaders like that or we don't have that culture. Verminator maybe?

I also think these chokes have happened way too often and it has affected the team's psyche just as it has affected the fans. When that first goal for the opposition goes in everyone panics and thinks "this is inevitable, here we go ago again". Maybe getting in a couple of experienced players who don't have that phobia can help break this cycle?

I could be over-analyzing this and the problem is just that the defense is weak and the team only knows how to play one way, attacking football, and they are incapable of shutting up shop/ parking the bus to close games out. Still, couldn't that be remedied with better defenders? Does any of this matter? Arsene isn't going to spend big anyways.

17. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    no, you're right.
    tony adams
    stuart pearce
    roy keane
    that kind of player...

come to think of it, any really good captain.

18. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    kind of agree and disagree. i mean, i see your points and sort of agree (especially on that second goal). but, really, on that first goal, losing that header (without, to be honest, much contesting) to defoe who is not exactly noted for his heading is pathetic. i will say that tracking bale who is darn quick would have been hard but i just kept feeling like it should have been done better. on the third goal, there were four red shirts around kaboul. he was the ONLY white shirt in that spot . . . and won the header (again, relatively uncontested). that's just ick to me.

part of the blame, though, goes to wenger for me. you can see that both arshavin and chamakh were pretty well out of gas as of the end of the first half. that they were not replaced until so far into the second half is a poor, poor decision by wenger.

19. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    precisely. the closest thing we have to somebody who'll go to or get on teammates to get them going is sagna and he only does it when he's really irritated with the other defenders. van persie i can see doing it but, well, he's perma-crocked.

20. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had a guy like that in Flamini.

I still miss him til this day.

21. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Flamini did not want to be that type of player... fair play to him, he is on Milan's bench

22. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what do you mean he didn't want to be that type of player?

he didn't want to be that type of player for US? or just in general? Does he play differently for Milan than he did for us?

23. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In general and probably for us since Wenger he was damn near a Birmingham player

24. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flamini has got the best job in the world. 80k a week to watch from the best seat in the house. Good for him.

25. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I'm pretty sure Adebayor makes more than Flamini.