Fast food breakfasts: yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by skipshady, Mar 11, 2003.

1. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    What do you think of breakfast at fast food joints like BK and McD's? Personally, I don't dig the greasiness or the nuclear yellow eggs, but they're good in a pinch.

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    once in a blue moon...we are talking maybe once or twice a year i will hit mcdonald's for breakfast.

i usually get the egg, sausage and cheese mcmuffin along with those hash brown things.

3. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    The only fast food place that I don't mind for breakfast was Hardees. But Hardees is coming harder and harder to find these days.

4. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    NAY, it's too fattening.

5. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carl's Jr. serves Hardees breakfast is that helps you.

7. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    If I absolutely, positively need breakfast in 30 seconds, I'll live with hotcakes and sausage from McDonalds. Even though I'm probably better off with just a King Size Snickers bar if that's the case.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    I'm on the road quite a lot, so I know a bit about this. Burger King's all but worthless for breakfast and the Arches don't do much for me either, but I will make a stop if there's a Whataburger in sight. Problem is, there aren't a whole lot around these parts.

As for Hardees being hard to find, in my travels I'm seeing more and more of them in those interstate oases, usually in the middle of lengthy turnpikes.

9. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    A sausage, egg and cheese bagel with hash browns is a great way to start the morning. Just not from one of the big fast food chains.

10. miasman1

miasman1 New Member

Depends on where you go to, the chains have OK breakfasts, but if there's a localiy-owned burger joint, it's pretty good and fattening. When I was at my old high school, there was this place called the Red Onion, the place had some damned good french toast, and big portions too.

11. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    A local chain is usually fine, but the big, nationwide ones are usually pretty crappy. Mainly because of the difficulty in finding good bagels.

12. miasman1

miasman1 New Member

If i have the chance, i need to see if San Francisco has a good Jewish community, so i can get some authentic bagels, but Noah's wil have to do for now, they got good egg sandwich bagels.

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    If I ever have enough extra time in the morning I'll roll through the Mickey D's drive through before work and either get a sausage mcmuffin breakfast meal or their Big Breakfast.

I like Jack-In-The-Box's breakfast menu too.

14. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Sausage Biscuit, 2 hash browns, and a large OJ. It's not as good as a diner, but it's pretty damn good.

Breakfast is pretty much the only fast-food meal I ever eat anymore.

Alex

15. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    1-2-3 value meal was great!!
    i miss the tripple cheese

16. dearprudence

dearprudence Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Chi-town
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me, too. Egg McMuffins have either 10 or 11 grams of fat in them (depends on the literature), which is very low compared to a standard breakfast.

Hardee's biscuits, mmmm....

17. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I rarely eat breakfast as it is but I'm totally down with McDonald's breakfast. The hash browns alone give you all the reason to go for it. Me and my roomate just finished a final couple weeks ago and decided to get some McD's breakfast. We get the deluxe platter with hot cakes, biscuit, sausage and egg. When we get back we notice the lady forgot our hash browns. We ate in silence, bitter and angry.

18. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Occasionally, I have the "power breakfast" as my boss calls it: Two Sausage McMuffin with egg, hashbrown and orange juice.

19. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    YAY for Whataburger!

I love the chicken biscuits from Chik-fil-a.

20. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Word.

It's one of the many things I miss about living in Fort Worth.

21. dearprudence

dearprudence Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Chi-town
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Chik-fil-a make anything bad? I love them, 24-hours a day.

22. angus_hooligan

angus_hooligan New Member

May 15, 2001
    Chicago
    Every so often I'm awake and on the go early enough to get McDonalds breakfast. I usually will get a Breakfast Burrito or a Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit.

23. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    *drools*

Mmm...chicken biscuits....

I wonder why Mickey D's doesn't have those?
    :(

24. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Nay on fast food for breakfast, that stuff you get is loaded with fat and salt, sometimes a daily requirement in one sandwich. If you're going to kill yourself you might as well stop at one of the mobile roachcoaches and get a five-speeed breakfast burrito. At least,that way, you won't need lunch:D