FAS and Metapan at Champions League 2010/11

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by el_cuscatleco, Mar 17, 2010.

1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Right so we are still a few months out but i think it's time we get this thread going. For those that don't know we have two spots in the tournament, and unlike previous years both our spots are now in the Preliminary Round.

Currently the only club we have qualified is FAS (for winning Apertura 2009). Our next participant will be decided at seasons end (end of May); If FAS manages to win the league again then the second spot will go to the club with the most accumulated points for both the Apertura and Clausura seasons. If anyone but FAS wins, then they will automatically secure a spot in the event.

The draw for the Preliminary Round will be held in early June, at which point we'll know who our clubs will be facing in the tournament.

2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re: Lead up to Champions League 2010/11

La entidad rectora del fútbol regional quiere conocer a más tardar el 16 de mayo a los equipos cuscatlecos que irán a “Concachampions”.......

Link: Presiona CONCACAF

Concacaf pidió que el 16 de mayo finalice el torneo.......

Link: Les ponen límite

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Hopefully they work something out. It'd be a shame to see the team that goes to the play-off be affected by this whole situation.

4. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

No hay marcha atrás: la primera división del fútbol salvadoreño deberá reprogramar su calendario para conocer al campeón del torneo Clausura antes del 16 de mayo, ante la orden expresa de CONCACAF.......

Link: CONCACAF no dará prórroga

5. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re: La Liga Mayor - Clausura 2010

La dirigencia de la primera división del fútbol salvadoreño definió el lunes por la noche que la quinta y la octava fecha del Clausura 2010 se disputarán miércoles (7 y 21 de abril), para poder cumplir con la petición de CONCACAF.......

Link: Se jugarán dos fechas miércoles

6. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Tras la derrota por 0-4 ante el Metapán el pasado miércoles, el entrenador argentino Roberto Gamarra presentó su renuncia de la dirección técnica del FAS.......

Link: "El Toto" Gamarra renunció

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

El técnico argentino Roberto Gamarra no seguirá con FAS a partir de la fecha 15 del Clausura 2010.......

Link: Gamarra se hizo a un lado

8. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Where's Chochera Castillo these days? Think he'll come back to coach em up in the CCL?

9. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Ah, nevermind...he seems to be doing decent in Guatemala looking at the standings/situation of his team...

EDIT : Uh...is he not there anymore? I don't see his name on the coaches list...

10. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia

FAS and whoeevr wins the clausura will represent hopefully they will perform more better for salvadorian clubs then the previous edition

Its been 13 years since a salvadoran club has won a international tournament
    Last time was Alianza f.c. winning the 1997 Uncaf club cup
    they were coached by the uruguayan Juan carlos masnick
    heres the video for people who want to see it
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMDomo9hVQ4"]YouTube- ALIANZA 1 - SAPRISSA 0 ALIANZA CAMPEON DE CENTROAMERICA[/ame]

11. Texan_Trucho

Texan_Trucho Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  12. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
  13. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

La organización regional reservará los cupos asignados a El Salvador para la próxima Concachampions, a la espera de que la FIFA levante la suspensión del fútbol cuscatleco.......

Link: CONCACAF esperará al campeón salvadoreño

14. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  15. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

FYP :rolleyes:

Also, FAS isn't guaranteed to be our "number one" entrant (i.e. Central America 11 or El Salvador 1), which in other words means they are not necessarily going to be playing Xelaju.

As there will be two different winners for both the Apertura and Clausura seasons, the El Salvador 1 entrant will be the team that finished with the highest overall record on aggregate over both seasons. Which means if Aguila wins on Sunday then they will take the "El Salvador 1" spot and FAS will then be "El Salvador 2" (i.e. Central America 12) which will have them facing Seattle. On the other hand if Metapan wins, then they (Metapan) will take the "El Salvador 2" spot (as they finished lower than FAS on aggregate) and FAS will then obviously take the other spot which will have them playing Xelaju.

Hopefully that makes sense. :D

16. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

FAS y El Salvador 2 no fueron invitados al sorteo y congreso de la CONCACAF por la sanción preventiva de FIFA al país.......

Link: Por ahora, marginados de la CONCACAF

17. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

FAS, como el campeón de este domingo pueden estar más tranquilos, ya que la Concacaf les guardará sus puestos en la Liga de Campeones de la región, esperando a que se levante el castigo.......

Link: Líos se van despejando

18. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

thanks yeah lol but i kinda didnt mean to write aguila lol i guess is was my heart writing yeah but i forgot about all that

19. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Good luck Metapan and FAS.

Gonna be tough up there in Seattle but Metapan has talent to hang in there.

20. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Already giving up on your team? :eek::eek::rolleyes:

21. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Yep. They simply can't keep up and I don't see how any change will bring them back. Metapan's simply better. *Shrug*

22. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Yeah but anything can happen. You don't give up at the last hurdle when there is still half a game yet to play. It's not over till it's over. Look at the FAS reserves, you think anyone gave them a chance being 4-1 down to Marte? Granted they didn't win the match but still like i said, anything can happen. Have some faith in your team. ;)

23. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Goodness, but Metapan don't completely bunker either...

Who am I kidding...they will (Especially away) :eek::(.

24. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

As long as they keep things offensive at home then they could be in with a shot.

Like i said before the final, Metapan play a more offensive (i.e. attractive) style of football compared to Aguila who just sit back both at home and away. Of the two, they deserve this the most. Hopefully they make the most of it.

25. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

So just to confirm, with Metapan's win today that means that they take the "El Salvador 2" (i.e. Central America 12) spot and will face the Seattle Sounders (USA) in the preliminaries. That obviously then give FAS the "El Salvador 1" (i.e. Central America 11) spot which will have them facing Xelajú MC (Guatemala), also in the preliminaries.

FAS will play their first match at home while Metapan will play their first away. These matches will take place at some point between July 27 and 29. The second legs will then be played between August 3 and 5.