Farewell Match

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DNA, Feb 20, 2005.

1. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/news.php

DEPORTIVO WILL HONOUR ‘SUPERDEPOR’

Saturday 19th February, 2005 -- On Friday night the board of Deportivo announced it will organize a match honouring the ‘Superdepor’ team of the nineties. This seems to become the farewell match for Fran and Mauro Silva which originally wasn’t scheduled to take place.

There are two articles concerning this on the page from the link above, the latest one (above) is the second article on the page, while there is another one which is the fourth article on the page.

I'm pretty sure a date hasn't been set up, and all it says on the article is "this summer," let's just see what happens.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Really cool news, especially since Depor doesn't usually do this type of thing. It's too bad some of the other SuperDepor players didn't get this kind of send off, but it's nice to see Fran and Mauro Silva go out in style.

Oh and I see your a Depor supporter too, butters, welcome!

3. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the welcome. I've been looking for some kind of a lineup but I haven't found anything yet.

4. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    it`s agood thing to do given how both fran and mauro silva played with commitment and dedication for you guys. both were instrumental during that era when you won the primera liga and most important in the champ league that elevated you guys to a dominant force.. i remember the midfield partnership that had the likes of fran, mauro silva, jose amavisca, cesar sampaio in his prime the temperamental but superbly talent djalminha and of course the roving playmaker valeron.. they used to play off each other so well in that depor side that was always tough to match up with.. good thing for you guys to dedicate that match for them, i will try and see if i can watch it with a few of my depor friends.