Fantasy Olympics 2015-2016

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by frasermc, Aug 10, 2015.

1. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    #1 frasermc, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    You bet your bottom dollar it's back! A quick recap of the rules below -

As usual, the Fantasy Olympics will be the top three scorers across 'All Rocks Leagues' - earning Gold, Silver and Bronze.

The All Rocks League will be used to collect scores for our internal competitions. All 32 teams are in.

Two gold medals in a week, means no silver and a bronze for third. Two silvers means no bronze will be awarded. But two teams can get the bronze, to make it four medalists in any given week.

The winner is the one at the end of the season with the most POINTS in total. In case of a tie Gold medals are counted, then Silver medals and then Bronze.

Good luck to one and all and may the odds be forever in MY favour!

2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought points were awarded per medal and most points won... not that I'll be in contention again this year, regression to the mean and all.

3. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Actually it is. Stop reading the fine print!!

:mad:

BalanceUT repped this.
  4. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    And so it begins...

Gameweek 1

Gold: Journeymen - 59pts
    Silver: BiggerBoat - 57pts
    Bronze: Bally Boyz AFC - 56pts

Tight at the top on the opening day of the new season. I'm not even going to mention the fact that I finished 1 point (1 POINT!!! :mad:) off 3rd place. I mean how many sitters does a £49mill superstar need to miss before he actually sticks one in the pokey for crying out loud!! Anyway, not going to talk about it because it'll just rile me and the FO is not all about me but I mean, did anyone see the Man City game?! Bloody hell Raheem grow a pair and show a bit of composure when you see the whites of the keepers eyes!!

*sigh*

Anyway, Journeymen off to a flyer and it could have been even more impressive if they had captained Yaya. No matter, the 11 starters still did enough to accrue the first gold medal of the new season. Doc grabbed silver and signaled (would that be semiphore...?) his intent for the new season with a strong showing. Shrek and Yaya figured prominently again. Not to worry though, we all know the good doctor jets off at a tremendous pace before floundering in shallow waters. :p

Bronze for Bally Boyz. One returning Premiership star (Cabaye) and one potentially new one (Ayew) were his main contributors.

Onwards we march to gameweek 2. Most of my mids and attackers are playing away from home so that's me up a certain creek then for this gameweek. :rolleyes:

Good luck all.

---- GOLD ------------ SILVER ------------ BRONZE ----
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0---------- Journeymen
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------- BiggerBoat
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------- Bally Boyz AFC

5. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 2

Gold: ChrisSuttonsSlippers - 68pts
    Silver: denoc 75 - 65pts
    Bronze: WeWunWunce - 64pts

Another close finish this week with myself grabbing Gold courtesy of triple captaining Benteke. Let me just check the small print on using the new FPL score boost options. Yep, the independent adjudicator (namely me) says all scoring boosts are legitimate. Yay! Hey, its dog eat dog out there. I'm taking any advantage FPL are prepared to throw out and running with it ... Bo Jackson style. Go Raiders!

Anyhoo, Benteke as previously mentioned, and England's current flavour of the month Master R.Barkley took me to the pinnacle this week. denoc can thank another good performance from Ayew (c) and excellent defensive help from Kompany and Williams. Twice in recent seasons I've had Kompany and twice he's done hee-haw. I thought I learned my lesson this year and went for Terry instead... :rolleyes:

Iain (WeWunWunce) was well serviced this week (ooh er missus) by messrs Lukaku, Mahrez and Kompany (again!! :mad:).

So a nice, tight start to the new FO season.

------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------- Journeymen
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------- ChrisSuttonsSlippers
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------- denoc75
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------- Bally Boyz AFC
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------- WeWunWunce

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Fix! Scandal! Inquiry!

It will be interesting to keep track of those who use the boost but lose in these side games.

DrHeckle repped this.
  7. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 3

Gold: Eternal City FC - 78pts
    Silver: blechs_dawgs - 63pts
    Silver: FC Touchline Ban - 63pts

First things first. Does anyone else think that Champions League football is overrated and the Europa League is where it's at!! Yes...? Good. Glad we got that cleared up.

Now onto more official matters. Eternal City exploded into view this week with the first runaway gold medal this season so far. No one close to touching the Eternals. Ahh Louise... Jamie ruined you. You were (still are) a fine looking woman. Anywaysss, That whopping score was amassed with the aid of Wilson, Gomis (c), Cech and Mahrez in the team.

That wily old campaigner blechs_dawgs is off the mark quickly this year with a Silver courtesy of captain Costa starting to fire on all cylinders. blechs Silver medal was shared with FC Touchline Ban who had Gomis (c) and the little magician that is Pedro providing the big points this week.

So a nice even start continues with no one yet grabbing more than one medal so far so no early front runners to take aim at.

Sterling for a hat trick and two assists this week. :thumbsup: Don't forget, you heard it here first.

------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------- Journeymen
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------- ChrisSuttonsSlippers
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------- Eternal City FC
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------- denoc75
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------- blechs_dawgs
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------- FC Touchline Ban
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------- WeWunWunce

DrHeckle and tarvinodos repped this.
  8. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 4

Gold: WhataBunchofMuppets - 64pts
    Silver: Eternal City FC - 63pts
    Silver: Dynamo Teso - 63pts

*************** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ******************

Listen up folks! We have a fugitive on the loose! Our fugitive has been on the run for 1 gameweek. Average FPL weekly total over unpredictable opening fixtures is 60pts per gameweek barring any injuries to Mane, Hazard, Mahrez or Sagna. Sagna?!?!? :eek: That gives us a radius of four - six gameweeks to reel him in. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every football pitch, training ground, managers office, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in the UK. Checkpoints are going up at every gameweek. Your fugitive's name is Eternal City FC. Go get him!! :mad:

Yep. Eternal City FC becomes the first team to gather 2 medals this season and break ranks hence becoming the no.1 target for one and all. For now.

The reigning champs are on the board with a hard fought gold medal. Ayew, Mane and Sagna again (are you freakin kidding me?!! :confused:) were the big hitters for the Muppets.

Scottish influence remains strong with Dynamo Teso grabbing the other silver. Sterling (c) (great minds think alike) and Tadic doing the business for him this week.

Stupid internationals get in the way of things for a week before we get back down to the nitty gritty and much changed squads (maybe not as much as years passed) looking to make a splash.

---- GOLD ------------ SILVER ------------ BRONZE ---- Total

------- 1 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 5 ----- Eternal City FC
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- Journeymen
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- ChrisSuttonsSlippers
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- WhataBunchofMuppets!
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- BiggerBoat
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- denoc75
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- blechs_dawgs
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- FC Touchline Ban
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Dynamo Teso
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 1 ----- Bally Boyz AFC
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 1 ----- WeWunWunce

RomaBadger and Sonabert repped this.
  9. RomaBadger

RomaBadger Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Milwaukee, Wis.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Would like to brag but have to confess I don't know that much about English football. I've only been following the Premier League for five years and this is my first EPL fantasy league. Plus I'm a Newcastle fan which helps a fantasy owner about as much as a taste for Spam helps a chef. But I'm a math nut - my team is picked largely by a statistical formula. I didn't even know who Riyad Mahrez was! I do watch a lot of matches and read up on the teams and players and overrule the formula sometimes. We'll see if the robot keeps it up or if he's just off to a lucky start. You can take Sagna up with him. :)

BalanceUT and frasermc repped this.
  10. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 5

Gold: St Martin of Tours - 86pts
    Silver: Keysersoze Wanderers - 54pts
    Silver: Parraraiders - 54pts

Poor Luke. Obviously not a Star Wars fan. The only force he felt was the full weight of Hector Moreno's challenge. Ouch! Off to such a good start as well this season. Oh well, he's jettisoned from my team now and 3 others I'd imagine. Here's hoping he makes a full recovery.

The artist formerly known as 1800 World Cup (aka St Martin of Tours) grabs gold with an inspired captaincy choice leading the way - Payet (WHU). The whole team scored well but great call on the captains armband. Think out the box people! I'm already looking at bringing in Steven Taylor (NEW) to emulate the above!

A joint silver this week for Keysersoze (Kolarov leading the way with the armband) and Parraraiders (Payet again) means three more new entries on the table and Eternal City remains out in front for another week.

Europa League action tonight. Be still my beating heart...

------- 1 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 5 ----- Eternal City FC
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- Journeymen
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- ChrisSuttonsSlippers
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- WhataBunchofMuppets!
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- St Martin of Tours
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- BiggerBoat
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- denoc75
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- blechs_dawgs
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- FC Touchline Ban
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Dynamo Teso
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Keysersoze Wanderers
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Parraraiders
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 1 ----- Bally Boyz AFC
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 1 ----- WeWunWunce

lobomojo, 1800-WorldCup and tarvinodos repped this.
  11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No love for us poor people in 4th place with 53 points :(

12. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Tough to take mate. Still, like me you have the uplifting joy of Europa league football tonight to get you by. :thumbsup:

BalanceUT repped this.
  13. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Our season has been far from uplifting and looks like we will be playing some kids in our XI too .... six first teamers resting for Norwich at home ... that says it all really.

14. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 6

Gold: WhataBunchofMuppets! - 67pts
    Silver: Potomac Highlanders - 66pts
    Silver: Ben Giveth & Benteke - 66pts

Sorry for the ever so slightly delayed gameweek update for the FO. Not sure if I'm only apologising to myself but anyway... the update is here. Late only because I was in London for meetings for a couple of days. Driving around central London is a bit like watching Newcastle Utd. It's stressful, unpleasant, you feel like you're going round in circles and getting nowhere fast and ultimately, you have to pay for the privilege!

The reigning champs flexed their bulging biceps this week and grabbed a hard fought Gold medal to climb to the top of the tree. Aguero (c), Mahrez (surely going to cool down sooner or later right...?), Pelle and Mane all grabbed big points totals for the Muppets.

Another joint Silver medal this week! The Highlanders are off and running. After a very sluggish start their season has officially been kick started thanks in no small measure to Lloris (c), Martial, De Bruyne and Son. Surely more big point totals to follow with that quartet in the squad.

The other Silver goes to Ben Giveth. Great to see players from the so called smaller teams making a big impact for Tekkers with Wilson (c), Ritchie and Russell Martin all scoring well.

------- 2 -------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 6 ----- WhataBunchofMuppets!
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- St Martin of Tours
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Keysersoze Wanderers
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Parraraiders
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Potomac Highlanders
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Ben Giveth & Benteke

Sonabert repped this.
  15. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 7

Gold: FC St.Pauli - 85pts
    Silver: ColdDogSoup FC - 83pts
    Bronze: Keysersoze Wanderers - 70pts

Guys, no unwitty articles this week unfortunately. I'm afraid my heart and nervous system are still trying to recover from last nights Europa League action. What a buzz!!!

Efe 'feckin' Ambrose ---- :mad:

Anyways, congrats to the new arrivals on the table and watch out for that Keyser Soze. Sneaking up the table he is. That's how that man works. It's like he doesn't even exist and then ... BAM ... he's past you in a flash!

------- 2 -------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 6 ----- WhataBunchofMuppets!
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- FC St.Pauli
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 1 -------------- 3 ----- Keysersoze Wanderers
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Potomac Highlanders
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Ben Giveth & Benteke
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- ColdDogSoup FC

16. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 8

Gold: Real Newark - 104pts
    Silver: WhataBunchofMuppets! - 101pts
    Bronze: Unathletic Beerbao - 74pts

Wow! Two three digit scores this week! Nice work guys *grudging applause*.

Real Newark taked gold with captain Aguero leading the way (surprise surprise) but also ably backed up by Ozil, Pelle and Payet. Muppets took silver when they probably expected top spot. Still, another 2pts on the board for the defending champions who are just beginning to stretch their legs a little at the top of the tree. They had Aguero as captain as well :eek: and also Pelle in their team :eek::eek:. Mane scored big as well for Muppets with their trio of Saints players (the other being Fonte). Tsk tsk. Don't you know anything about footy!?! Your 3rd Saints man should of course be the ex-Celtic legend VVD! :thumbsup:

He sure helped shore up that leaky Dutch defense during the week...

Bronze went to Unathletic Beerbao. I'm going to go out on a limb here and plump for Aguero as captain. Let's just have a little looksee... yep. There he is.

No Aguero for this week or for the next few so lets see how that shakes things up for this coming weekend.

------- 2 -------------------- 1 ---------------------- 0 ------------- 8 ----- WhataBunchofMuppets!
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- FC St.Pauli
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- Real Newark
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 1 -------------- 3 ----- Keysersoze Wanderers
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- ColdDogSoup FC
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 1 ----- Unathletic Beerbao

BalanceUT, tarvinodos and Sonabert repped this.
  17. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 9

Gold: ChrisSuttonsSlippers - 95pts
    Silver: Stormin Gunners - 79pts
    Bronze: RomansRiches - 78pts

Wow! Check me out!! Wish I had picked Wijnaldum as captain now :(. Still, not a bad score. Sterling and Wijnaldum lead the way but nice to see VVD still racking up the points as well. Two golds and sitting 2nd in the table - nosebleed territory for me. It'll never last I hear you all cry... and you're probably all correct but I'll milk it while I can.

I think there were silver and bronze medals for some London supporting teams but to be frankly honest, I couldn't give a damn!:D

Actually, that's not true. Silver went to Stormin Gunners. Sanchez, Ozil and Smalling did it for them. Not as good as Sterling, Wijnaldum and VVD but not bad. :thumbsup:

Bronze went to Romans Riches. Costa and Sterling were his main men. Again, not bad, not bad at all.

On a side note, would it be possible for me to stockpile some of this weeks points and use them later in the Eliminator for when I get my (inevitable) bad weeks? @Sonabert

Am I being wildly optimistic to stick Wijnaldum on the armband for this week...? Thought so but I am considering giving it a whirl.

------- 2 -------------------- 1 ---------------------- 0 ------------- 8 ----- WhataBunchofMuppets!
    ------- 2 -------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 6 ----- ChrisSuttonsSlippers
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- Real Newark
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Stormin Gunners
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 1 ----- Unathletic Beerbao
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 1 ----- Romans Riches

Sonabert and tarvinodos repped this.
  18. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 10

Gold: FC Springfield - 63pts
    Silver: FC Weymouth - 60pts
    Bronze: Ben Giveth & Benteke - 57pts

Tight on the medal table this gameweek but FC Springfield came out on top thanks to a full team performance. No captain to speak of this week but pretty much every player in the first 11 contributed to Coach Wiggums first gold medal of the season. FC Weymouth can at last breath a sigh of relief as Harry Kane exploded onto the scene (and not before time). He'll be hoping the streaky Kane goes into overdrive in the coming weeks. Ben Giveth will be hoping for much the same as he also has Kane in his squad. Could have been so much more than bronze this week if he had captained the Spurs hot shot instead of the ever reliable Jamie Vardy. Never thought I would be typing that before this season started...

------- 2 -------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 6 ----- ChrisSuttonsSlippers
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- FC Springfield
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 1 -------------- 3 ----- Ben Giveth & Benteke
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Stormin Gunners
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- FC Weymouth
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 1 ----- Romans Riches

19. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 11

Gold: WeWunWunce - 72pts
    Silver: Sasha Juniors - 71pts
    Bronze: FC St.Pauli - 69pts

Way-aye-man! Congratulations to my Geordie buddie for grabbing gold this week. Of course, I claim to have taught him everything he knows regards FPL so I almost feel like awarding myself a bonus point for this one. (C) Lukaku and Mahrez scored big for him. Tom missed out on Gold by 1 point this week. Vardy (c), Ighalo and Bertrand all scoring big. You know, I have quite a full schedule but if you need any help turning that silver into gold you know my number. Well, you don't really, but it sounds better than you know my email address. Which you do of course. But then I'm just talking gibberish anyway so why bother...? :ninja:

Scott grabbed bronze with the help of Lukaku, Otamendi and triple captaining De Bruyne. Oi! That's cheating!! Oh, wait a sec. Actually, nice move Scott! :thumbsup:

------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 4 ----- WeWunWunce
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 4 ----- FC St.Pauli
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- FC Springfield
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 1 -------------- 3 ----- Ben Giveth & Benteke
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- FC Weymouth
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Sasha Juniors

tarvinodos repped this.
  20. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 12

Gold: Glorydaze - 66pts
    Silver: Ben Giveth & Benteke - 62pts
    Bronze: WeWunWunce - 61pts

Sorry guys. Busy, busy, busy. No rest for the wicked and all that so very quick update (just in time) on scores on the doors.

5 seems to be the magic number for Gameweek 12

------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 2 ------------- 5 ----- WeWunWunce
    ------- 0 -------------------- 2 ---------------------- 1 ------------- 5 ----- Ben Giveth & Benteke
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 1 ------------- 4 ----- FC St.Pauli
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- Glorydaze
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Sasha Juniors

21. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Gameweek 13

Gold: WeWunWunce - 70pts
    Silver: Kopite Juniors - 67pts
    Bronze: Romans Riches - 63pts

I may not have got near the podium this week but gameweek 13 is one of my finest hours. My good friend Iain (WeWunWunce) takes gold. I'd like to say I taught him everything he knows about FPL but I'm not that big headed...

:whistling: Ahh what the hell. I taught him everything he knows! Admittedly he does like to make an early plunge every pre-season for Lukaku (his captain this gameweek) and I'll admit that Mahrez has taken me by surprise. Oh, and I'm not a Martin Skrtel fan HOWEVER... I did recommend he take a sniff at Firmino! Point proven methinks. Gold takes Iain to joint top with the faltering Muppets.

Silver goes to Kopite. As a long suffering Liverpool fan I know he feels like he owes me (a Celtic supporter) some kind of lifetime debt. Mainly due to his team stealing our songs and our best player over the years... :ninja:. Ayew, Costa and BARKLEY!?!?! :eek: scored big for him this gameweek although I think he @kopiteinkc has some explaining to do regards team selection...

Bronze goes to Romans Riches and another of my friends. I am freakin' friend king on here if we don't take into account all of @DrHeckle fake accounts. :ROFLMAO:;) Romans R's can thank the three C's for their bronze this week. Costa, Coutinho and Coleman. Can't remember what little gems of crucial info I have passed to him over the past season and a bit but I'm basically taking credit for his 2nd bronze of the season.

All in all it's been a good start to FPL this season with no clear favourite emerging and all still to play for through the first third of the season.

------- 2 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 2 ------------- 8 ----- WeWunWunce
    ------- 0 -------------------- 2 ---------------------- 1 ------------- 5 ----- Ben Giveth & Benteke
    ------- 1 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 0 ------------- 3 ----- Glorydaze
    ------- 0 --------------------- 1 --------------------- 0 ------------- 2 ----- Kopite Juniors
    ------- 0 --------------------- 0 --------------------- 2 ------------- 2 ----- Romans Riches

kopiteinkc repped this.
  22. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great write up - I will take the gold this week please - thanks to my captain not playing!!

23. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rumours are that @frasermc has melted down my gold medal to pay for an extra transfer ... say it isn't so?

frasermc repped this.
  24. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    :D

Work overload. Quick update later tonight.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  25. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Sorry guys. I will do a full table update in the next few days (I feel like I'm stealing kopite's thunder :p) but for now the medals this week were as follows -

GOLD: Kopite Juniors
    SILVER: Sasha Juniors
    BRONZE: FC St.Pauli & BiggerBoat

kopiteinkc repped this.