Fantasy Football league.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Clan, Jul 2, 2005.

1. sukhenkoy

sukhenkoy New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    20,000 shits
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Haha, its pretty funny. The day before the Prem started, I was watching Fox Sports World Report, and Bobby McMahon mentioned how Terry, Lampard, and Robben will all be the players to lead and inspire Chelsea to their second consecutive title. So I thought to myself, "This is going to be a pretty good fantasy league season for me", because I have all of those players in my squad.

Thank you Lampard, Terry, and Robben, for such an amazing game today boys. :mad:

2. paulo

paulo Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Atlanta
    yeah i started forssell and he played 10 minutes and I sat Bent - so no 10 points for me.

3. X Box X

X Box X New Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Petr Cechmate is off to a terrible start. Thanks to Dickov for his huge score of negative two.

4. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Bent saved my ass. The rest of the team didn't do so well. As long as I stay ahead of a certain female participant my season will be a success. ;)

Also, I like how you are able to click on the player info and see transfers in and out. Bent: 11,000+ in :D

5. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And let the record reflect I'm only one point behind Clan "Feckin' women and football" Blue. ;)

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Um...I detect a 'tone' in those words :)

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    So, how many of you went back on the no Henry deal?

8. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not me. I'm doing alright without him so far anyway...

9. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hehehe.. naw. Just giving ya a bit of sh1t. ;) :D

10. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Monkee.....who had the ban-Henry idea in the first place. :D

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    i am not keeping him. Forget the T-man.

12. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    *curses lack of kangaroos court in this forum*

Two glaring offenses in one day.

13. Carefree in Germany

Jun 27, 2005
    Leonberg, DE
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

Um, excuse me? You seem to be in a TIE for first...

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    fcuk, i already had to make 2 transfers, since 2 of my defenders got injured. (King and El Karkouri). 4 points deducted. Argh :mad:

15. X Box X

X Box X New Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Funnily enough, those were my final two transfers on Friday. I checked physioroom and saw that they were injured, so I traded them.

Any idea when the (bonus) scores will be added? I expect a few of my players to receive bonus points.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    damn, i totally forgot to check physioroom. I don't know what are bonus points. What are they?

17. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'll be tied with Clan when they reverse the 2 points deducted for Jermaine Jenas' now overturned red card.

:D

18. X Box X

X Box X New Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Last year bonus points were added within 10 minutes of the match finishing. You received a bonus point for a good performance. This year the system has changed, where three players from each of the ten games in the gameweek receive bonus points. Three bonus points to the best player on the pitch, two to the second best and one to the third best.

The best players are calculated by using various stats that included goals scores, shots on target, contributions to the team, etc. By the sound of it, you won't get bonus points in a losing team unless you have performed extremely well.

19. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bottom of the table in my worst week ever :mad: Had 5 players not playing and captain Robben... well, we all know. Made 2 transfers, will hope to get back to last season's fantasy form :D

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Wouldn't jump the gun too quickly mate.

Was it last season, or the season before, Lua-Lua opened with a brace for the toon and everybody went bonkers about him?

The rest as they say...........

21. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jermain Defoe was a good buy for me, it seems. :D

22. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Heh, I just transferred out injured Diop and injured Kroldrup. Went up the table in both the leagues I'm in so I'm not embarrassed anymore :p Paulo, Arjen, Henry, and Goof-Diouf still to play tomorrow.

23. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    7 transfer deduction coming up this week. Now you'll have a fighting chance Eddie. ;)

Maybe it's just because this is my first season, but does anyone else have problems with players from title-rival teams? Yea, I know it's just a fantasy team but....... eg. in the back of my mind I might be hoping for Carragher to allow zero goals to score big for the fpl team, and then I'm like wtf, hell no I don't want him to. Ok, so maybe 'Pool isn't exactly a title-rival team ;), but you get what I'm saying.

Ah well. Now I can look forward to trying to close the gap on Eddie instead of sitting at the top all alone. Damn that was boring. :D

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Think I gave the sack to 8 of the wasters.
    Better to do it now.

Second from bottom because of it - ho flipin hum.

25. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only half of my squad played and I'm still in 3rd overall. :D