Fantasy EPL magazines?

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Jimellow, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    Are there any fantasy-oriented magazines for the English Premier League?

In America, bookshelves are stocked with fantasy magazines for the major sports as their seasons approach, but I don't think I've seen any EPL fantasy magazines to date.

Do they exist, and can they be ordered online?

I'm admittedly new to soccer as a fantasy sport, and whereas I've played in leagues for the "major four" sports for years, it might be nice to have a magazine to refer to for fantasy EPL player ratings and ranks.

2. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    There are no fantasy magazines as far as I know. For latest trades and other info, I recommend the following...

Checkin the EPL official site for headline news is always good

ESPN soccer is good for stats and player history. Beware, a good year in the Coca Cola Championship (1 level down) does not mean a good year in the Premier League. I had 3 Stoke City players on my squad after the draft last year and their salary / values dropped faster than I could take a 4 point additional transfer deduct.

Also, make sure you look at the scoring rules. How much a goal is worth per position, clean sheet and then there is the bonus points. In each match there are three buonus points given out. One person gets 3, another 2 and another 1. Some players become the darlings and you wonder why Zamora has over 90 points for 2 goals and 6 assists.

3. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Do a google search on ACTIM INDIX. It's a player rating system that is used for 4 leagues in Great Britain. It doesn't always correlate to FPL scoring, especially defensive midfielders, but it gives you some comparison of players real form and value by position.

4. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
  5. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
  6. jspitzberg

jspitzberg New Member

Aug 25, 2009
  7. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nothing beats watching the games and reading match reports.

:D