Fantasy Cup

Discussion in 'MLS: Fantasy' started by FlashMan, Aug 29, 2013.

1. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So they're starting this new Cup competition from this weekend to the end of the year. Considering I'm lagging in most of the divisions I'm in, this gives me a renewed sense of purpose to get my swagger back and claw my way as far as I can.

I'm doing pretty well in the one head-to-head league I'm in (4th), but I've lost 3 matches by 1 or 2 points which has kept me from battling for the lead.

2. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm the same. I've not been happy with the results of most of my choices this season (hovering mostly in the 500 - 700 range), so this Fantasy Cup should be fun!

3. Ibid. Aja

Ibid. Aja Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Sucka Free City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    They did the cup competition last year, too. But I haven't heard anything about prizes. Does anyone know if there's anything to be won?

4. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Ibid. Aja

Ibid. Aja Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Sucka Free City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  6. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I made it through the first two rounds. Only about 25 more to go!!!!

7. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    It's all relative. If one looks at this competition on its own, the 2 prizes for 25K players (1 winner out of every 12.5 managers) does not sound great.

However, if one looks at a contest like the Powerball which their web site states has odds to win of 1 in 175,223,510.00 (that's 175 BILLION), then the MLSF odds don't seem so bad, do they? ;)

FlashMan repped this.
  8. Dashdar

Dashdar Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got knocked out in round 1 because of the tie breaker rules. Pretty disappointing :(

9. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, how is everyone doing in the MLSF Cup competition?

I beat my opponent in GW31 and now play a team called Texans 1836 in GW31. They are ranked 11K+ and have some good players on their roster: Di Vaio, Fagundez, Nagbe, Valeri, Collin, Nielsen, etc.

Should be interesting.

10. Ibid. Aja

Ibid. Aja Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Sucka Free City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Still in! Somehow I got a fairly easy draw for the next round - who knew that was still possible?

11. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I beat the Texans 1836, 54 to 36, so I move to the next round! How did everyone else do in the Cup competition?

12. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I lost 56-59. Unless the Opta adjustments come up with a 4 point swing, I'm out. Sure wish Keane had been onside, or Cahill's goal had been called offside - that was the difference.

13. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got lucky this round, scoring a whopping 48 points but beating my opponent by 2.

Onwards and upwards!!!

14. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a huge week - 85 points - and won easily. Big problem though - at least 4 of my players are out this coming week due to int'l callups or suspension and I only have 2 free transfers to make.

Will have to work it out somehow.

15. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm starting to think that it might be better to just take a 0 than have to find a player that will score at least a 5 (+4 to break even on the hit, then +1 to make a difference). This is going to be a rough game week.

16. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I beat my Cup opponent last GW and now a team called "Le Toux Legit to Quit" in round 6. Unfortunately for him (or her), the team only has 9 active players due to WC call-ups, and bye week for some teams.