Fans invited for open tryouts for Kansas City

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Dec 14, 2005.

1. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Well kind of........... Ok, this is my new addiction for wasting time on the internet. http://www.playforyourclub.com/play.php it is a frustrating at first little time waster, but once you get the hang of it (about 5 games for me) it is like crack. The interesting part of it is you pick your club (kansas city obviously) and the scores are kept for everyone who picks that club and pitted against the other clubs in the league. Every monday the league resets.

I found that using the mouse is best and clicking the button when the ball is directly infront of you right before it hits the ground will put it on goal. Volleys are worth the most.

Until fantasy leagues start forming lets try to dominate this bad boy.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL it's a good game, I found it through another site and been playing it for about a year now. It takes a little while to get it, but once you do you can do well.

3. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man...couldn't you have posted that when i was done with finals? im not going to get to study now.

4. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I'm addicted.

5. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Criminy jeeze, I suck at that game.

6. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In about 10 minutes of playing I got a high of 15600 or around there somewhere. Then I tell my brother about the game and he gets 19000 in like 3 minutes. Bastard

7. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    The Wizards have never one the "league" the one of only two clubs that haven't. Just something to think about when the next season starts up (Monday).

The highest I have got so far was 70,000. I went on a tear and got 50,000 points. After my last ball it gave me an option of betting points on a single penalty kick. I made it.

8. christhestud

christhestud Member

Jun 4, 2004
    glad to see some others have found the game... i need some help getting KC up the table! :D i got hooked on it last spring and played to kill an hour break between classes on mondays and wednesdays, and played it every few weeks this fall. a few people really can make a difference... i burned about 2.5 hours one monday but was able to take KC from 9th to 4th. i think a lot more people play now though so al the scores are higher and it's tougher...

my high is 120,000 or so, the keep always saves my pk at the end when i have a chance to do any better. some quick notes/tips on getting a good score to help out the wizards: #1(most important): if you can hit the ball to the left-center or right-center part of the goal, you have a great chance at scoring b/c the keeper just dives all the way towards the post (doesn't adjust how far he dives to your shot) and the ball will go over his feet. #2 it's easier to score on the half-volley but you only get half the points. #3 (personal opinon) i find it's easier to aim if you start your man over towards the left side of the screen for each shot and then adjust by sliding him to the right. I try to hit spacebar when the ball is just below knee height. i know from seeing the high scores that there are better tips and probably some ways to pseudo-cheat out there but that's all i got.

Get the Wizards some points! We gotta get one cup. It might be too late for us now though... Chivas pretty much dominates every week.

(Please don't neg-rep me for being a dork)

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I've been playing the game, mostly off and on, my high score is around 140,000.

And at 40,000 is when you start to get the option of the PK

10. emp2b3

emp2b3 Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    After two days (and maybe 2 hours total?) my high is around 80,000 before the penalty and then it lets you risk maybe 40,000? I can't remember exactly but I'm still not close to touching the high scores. I think the player moves faster with the mouse so that is what I use and always go for the volley unless there is no way to get the shot off correctly and then go for the half-volley and hope for the goal/extra ball. I'm out of class after tomorrow so will try to help out starting Monday.

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought it was funny that the defender said "Kansas City are shite!" :)

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's funny that the defenders look like they are wearing liverpool kits

13. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeh they do, that's why they say shite :)

14. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am craptacular at this game.

15. christhestud

christhestud Member

Jun 4, 2004
    My favorite used to be "Kansas City are log," but I think they stopped using that one. Anybody see it lately?

16. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    oh that same defender who has repeadetly defelected it off his nuts into the goal. Screw that guy.

17. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw that guy? It keeps going off his nuts, he won't be screwing anybody. :)

18. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wooohooo new personal best of 31850. At least I'm getting better. Hopefully by monday I'll be ready to contribute.

19. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    glad to hear some good things come out of spring traing

20. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    just a reminder. The season starts today. It ends on Wednesday. If you got free time to waste, waste it on Kansas City.

21. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bump

I did my part in the wee hours of this morning, and I'm off to do some more.

22. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played a bit yesterday but only added like 50-70 thousand. I need to get better.

23. emp2b3

emp2b3 Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    ok i wasted way too much time and bumped us from sixth to second, from 89...to135...or so. chivas has a ton of points, but it really is possible to add quite a few points with only one person playing.

24. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You weren't the only one. I've been playing most of the afternoon as well. :)

25. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep I played for about an hour earlier too. I had to shower and eat but now it's about time for round 2.