Fan Experience in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Jan 27, 2008.

1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I thought about that 140% increase in season tickets mentioned in the Chron article and I think that might have been a mistake.

If we had 4,000 to 5,000 season ticket holders last year, a 140% increase would mean 9,600 to 12,000 season ticket holders this year.

I'm wondering if they actually meant that season tickets were at 140% of last year. That would put this year's number at 5,600 to 7,000. That seems like a more reasonable increase to me.

But I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

2. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow 12,000 wouldn't be a bad number.

3. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been thinking about the 140% increase, and since the season hasn't started, that's obviously year-over-year up to this point. I believe what we're seeing are the effects of the free-parking deal. STHs saw how the Dynamo were doing last season, renewed early since they thought we'd win MLS Cup, and now the FO doesn't have to call so many people to encourage them to reup.

I'm sure that once the season starts that the % gain over last year will be good, but not 140% good.

4. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    That would also make sense.

5. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    Canadian $ or American $?

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got that from the chart in the Chronicle, and I'm assuming it was all in US$$$$.