Fan died during the Leira vs Benfica game

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    how can these happen? he just fell out of the second level
    did he had a lot to drink?

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    VÍTIMA DE QUEDA DO SEGUNDO ANEL
    Espectador morre no Estádio de Leiria

Um adepto do Benfica morreu hoje após ter sofrido uma queda do segundo anel do Municipal de Leiria, a meio da primeira parte do encontro União Leiria-Benfica.

Segundo fonte dos bombeiros, o espectador precipitou-se do segundo anel do estádio, caindo de costas sobre um dos valões de protecção do primeiro anel.

Os médicos presentes no local e os bombeiros de serviço tentaram a reanimação do adepto numa ambulância, mas este acabou por morrer vítima dos ferimentos causados pela queda.

Data: Domingo, 28 de Novembro de 2004 20:07:00

3. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't they have any sort of railings over the cement forms?

4. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    that is really messed up

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    and these is a brand new stadium :confused:

6. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's horrible news. I saw the ambulance rushing towards the stands during the game, but I didn't know what happened. May that person Rest in Peace.

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not the first time this has happened, about 2-3 people died at the San Siro last season.

Very sad it is though.

8. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    During the game (although I was too busy bitching at SLB) I noticed people behind the net going frantic and you could see the ambulance. The commentators also mentioned that a fan had fallen from the segundo anel. This is very sad indeed.

9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Leirisports, responsible for the stadium, saying they not responsible

NORMAS DE SEGURANÇA SÃO RESPEITADAS
    Leirisport nega responsabilidade na morte do adepto

O presidente da Leirisport, Paulo Rabaça, lamentou hoje a morte de um adepto no Estádio Municipal de Leiria durante o U. Leiria-Benfica, mas rejeitou responsabilidades.

A Leirisport, que gere o Estádio Municipal de Leiria, garante que todas as normas de segurança estão a ser respeitadas na infra-estrutura, sublinhando que "o estádio está licenciado pelo Instituto do Desporto de Portugal e Liga de Futebol, cumpre os parâmetros de segurança e o decreto regulamentar dos estádios".

De acordo com o responsável, a altura mínima exigida para as guardas naquela zona do estádio é de 90 centímetros e "em Leiria a estrutura tem 95 centímetros".

Data: Segunda-Feira, 29 de Novembro de 2004 16:46:00

imprimir comentar

10. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not that it matters because this is such a horrible thing, but Yahoo news reported it this way:

Benfica fan falls to death at Leiria stadium

LISBON, Nov 28 (Reuters) - A Benfica fan has died after falling from the second tier of Leiria stadium during the Portuguese Premier League match between Uniao Leiria and Benfica on Sunday, hospital officials said.

Stadium officials said the 45-year-old fan fell after his team failed to score a good chance.

The fan, who lived in Lisbon, died shortly after arriving at the Leiria hospital. Benfica suffered their second defeat of the season when they lost 1-0 to share second place with champions Porto who play at Vitoria Setubal on Monday. Boavista lead the standings with 23 points. Leiria stadium hosted two group games at Euro 2004 earlier this year.

11. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sad but it happens. fans get to excited on the balcony and tragedy strikes. they need to implement some barriers so this wont happen again.

12. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I think he was warned during the match to calm down, to not run like mad to the security barriers, i don´t know how is possible someone fall from that place, if he had the minimum atention something like this wouldn´t happen :(
    I have been to the Leiria stadium and the stadium is very good, so nothing to blame, the people are the one´s who need to learn how to behave in a stadium.