Famous Germans and which club they support?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Catfish, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm just curious as to former prime ministers or any other famous Germans that were into footie. The only reason why I ask this is because I know how popular and insane Germans are about football.

Who do Rammstein support?

Thanks.

2. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Chancellor Gerhard Schröder is BVB supporter. His arch rival at 2002's vote, Edmund Stoiber, is Bayern supporter.

3. herewego

herewego Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Bavarian Primeminister Stoiber is not only supporter but member of the FC Bayern München e.V. Advisory Board, just like some other famous germans like Tennisplayer Boris Becker, Consultant Roland Berger, former "Bild" chief and Kohls Government Spokesman Peter Boehnisch, "Focus" Chief Helmut Markwort.

Germans Minister of Defense Struck is in the advisory board of Borussia Dortmund.

F1 Champion is suposed to be Main Sponsor of 1. FC Cologne in the future.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How do you know that Gerhard Schroeder is a BVB supporter? How serious of a BVB supporter is he?

Also is Boris Becker a Bayern Munich supporter and how do you know that? How passionate is he?

5. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    More important question, who does David Hasselhof support?

6. herewego

herewego Member

Jun 1, 2004
    You can see Becker at almost every game in the olympic stadium and he openly declares himself as a big bayern fan since his childhood.

Schröder is sometimes in the Westfalen Stadium and openly declares himself as Dortmund supporter, since his childhood too.

7. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    So much that they allowed him to work out with the team

8. herewego

herewego Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Chancelor Schröder is also member of honor of BvB Borussia Dortmund 09.

But old rival Schalke 04 tops this, because Pope John Paul II is member of Schalke.

9. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    YES.

10. MKO|||

MKO||| Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Franz Beckenbauer, the great former football player and coach, supports Bayern Munich.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

I would hope so... seeing he is the President of FC Bayern and all.

12. bischof

bischof New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Germany
    dirk nowitzki is a big fan of bayern munich. so is tommy gottschalk.

13. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Chancellor Gerhard Schröder has sympathies with Hannover 96, that being number 2 in his mind after BVB (and the more successfull club atm: Yes!)
    German Comedian and VIVA VJ (VIVA is like MTV) Oliver Pocher supports Hannover 96, too, so does Moderator Tobi Schlegel.

Die Toten Hosen, a german Punk band, support 3rd division club Fortuna Düsseldorf, having been Shirt sponsor for one year.
    And die Ärzte, another punk rock band, support Fc St. Pauli, as does propably everybody else at the Reeperbahn, the red light district of Hamburg... ;-)
    Die Sportfreunde Stiller, a German Rock band, are outspoken fans of Bayern.

And the Scorpions (wind of change, rock you like a hurricane) support the Hanover Scorpions Icehockey team...

14. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Do the players get involved wit these luxeries????

15. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @ 96 squig

2 Sportfreunde support Bayern, one of them 1860.

I wonder if Die Ärzte aus Berlin really do support St.Pauli as they really are Berlin local patriots. (I know, Bela was wearing St. Pauli Shirts but so did everyone else in the Punk scene back in the 90s. It was simply "in").

I know Jan Ullrich and Angela Merkel support FC Hansa (probably the best known Hansafans in Germany)

16. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have the official Ärzte Biography which states that they were fans, but then some newspaper said they'll do something when St. Pauli was down in the 90s so they played a toilette for the club ;-)
    and they are on the benefiz CD...
    they are no die-hard fans as DTH, but still fans... ;-)

and yes, they are local-partiotic berlin fans, but not when it comes to soccer I think... don't know why, but Union Hertha and TB don't really fit into punk imo. maybe tasmania ;-)

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I am famous eventhough half German, I support Bayern.

18. $crooge

$crooge Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Mainz, Germany
    Club:
    FSV Mainz 05
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The most well known Mainz 05 supporter is Johannes Gensfleisch zur Laden zum Gutenberg, the inventor of the movable type printing press.
    Here's the proof:
    [​IMG]

:D

The most popular supporter who is still alive, is Cardinal Karl Lehmann (unfortunately he's too liberal to become pope, I think ;) )
    [​IMG]

19. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Boris Becker, Beckenbauer, Schroder, merkel and Die Toten Hosen too. But what about the hottest female from Germany, Heidi Klum. Who does she support? I was dissapioted no one beat me into asking this too by the way, tisk tisk! :D

20. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Unfortunately I don't know ;), but she should be a Cologne or Mönchengladbach supporter, concerning the fact that she was born in that area. And btw she really is the hottest female :rolleyes:

21. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    He is member because Schlacke made him a honorary member. He has never been at a home match of the club. Btw, he is also member of CF Barcelona and I am pretty sure of many other ones also. So surely not a Schlacke supporter.

p.s.: I hereby declare the pope honorary member of "Bigsoccer users' fanclub for jonam" ;-)

22. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    He's a honorary member of Schalke 04, that`s right, and he's in Real Madrid too.
    But he want it.

And I want not to be a honorary member of "Bigsoccer user's' fanclub for jonam".

That's the different.