Fall Series 2020, Week 3

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Sep 18, 2020.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    One game tomorrow and two Sunday!

Saturday, Sept 19 at 1 pm ET: Courage vs Dash at WakeMed (on CBS)
    Sunday, Sept 20 at 1 pm ET: Spirit vs Red Stars at Segra Field (on CBS All Access)
    Sunday, Sept 20 at 3 pm ET: Thorns vs Reign at Providence Park (on Twitch)

CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  2. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you making your own schedule? ;)

Saturday's 1 pm game: Courage vs Pride (Orlando gets to play in 2020!)
    Sunday's 1 pm game: Red Stars vs Sky Blue at SeatGeek Stadium

59Amerinorsk, CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  3. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Good lord, my bad. I updated all the times but not the teams when using the format from last week.

Yeah, Courage-Pride, Stars-Sky Blue, and Thorns-Royals.

4. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Injury report for today:

No injuries for Orlando; I kind of get the feeling that they're champing at the bit.

5. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gilmoy and Klingo3034 repped this.
  6. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just now tuning in; I went out for a short mid-day work-out. It looks like I didn't miss much in the 1st half? Or was it an exciting 0-0 half?

7. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7 lil_one, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  8. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From watching about 10 minutes of the 2nd half, I'm guessing that Orlando has been playing defense most of the game?

9. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Off the post from Lynn Williams...NC are knocking on the door!

10. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ashlyn Harris is replacing Hope Solo as my favorite

11. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    46' 0-0 Rn.Williams plays a give-and-go off Ln.Williams to 17m mid-right, passes into Debinha's stride. Rookie Lawrence(?) closes down her shot window, Debinha can't round her to the right, wins a ck.

47' 0-0 Dahlkemper right ck, ground pass skips under Milliet(?)'s shoe to 16m 1/3 right. Debinha swings low right roundhouse but misjudges the bounce, lifts it way over bar.

50' 0-0 Orlando can't keep the ball to build attacks. NC gets numerous possessions for quick counters.

53' 0-0 Ln.Williams flicks a longball(?) ahead to box top right, springs Milliet behind Edmonds to 12m box right. Milliet bends a ground cross to 7m center, Debinha has 1/2 step lead on Listro(?), absorbs a gentle shove in her upper back (no call :p) and scuffs a shot toward 1/3 left. Harris stands her ground, kick-saves ball straight up, it topspins back into her torso and she hangs on before it crawls right over her.

12. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now Orlando gets one off the crossbar with some hold-up play from Leroux, a cross from Marta, and a volley attempt from Lawrence (?). That would have been quite a goal! I wanted that one for Orlando; I would love to see them score here!

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  13. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    62' 0-0 Ln.Williams right throw-in at circle top -- no, she gives ball to Milliet, promptly sprints up right touch, and Milliet throws in over her shoulder into her stride. They must practice that, or something :) Ln.Williams gets Pressley to turn hips endline-ward, cuts behind her through 10m box right to mid-right, shoots left instep bend off right post 1/2 high.

64' 0-0 Orlando subs in { 1st of 3 }:
    - (1 of 5) #8 Daneisha Blackwood #20 Abby Elinsky.

65' 0-0 Blackwood wins a corner!

66' 0-0 North Carolina subs in { 1st of 3 }:
    - (1 of 5) #28 Danica Evans for #2 Lauren Milliet.

69' 0-0 North Carolina subs in { 2nd of 3 }:
    - (2 of 5) #29 Rylee Baisden for #25 Meredith Speck.

71' 0-0 Marta bends a ground pass to 15m 6-left, Leroux collects and dribbles away from 2. Leroux taps back to Marta cutting through box top left, to 15m box left. LB Merrick leaves Lawrence and drifts into the central scrum, new LM Baisden is momentarily unaware. Marta whips a cross to 7m right post, Lawrence runs on 2 steps ahead of Baisden -- slides down on back and volleys low left instep rising over Labbé, off crossbar 1/4 right, glances over.

14. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Ashlyn Harris might be hoarse after this game.

15. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good look at the ball that Lawrence cleared off the line after it got past Harris:

I'm becoming a Lawrence fan!

16. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game ends 0-0. I'm not sure about the 1st half, but the 2nd half was pretty entertaining actually. Chances on both sides, and it was nice to see Orlando players back on the field.

17. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    75' 0-0 2H hydration break. Edmonds is a bit gimpy.

80' 0-0 Orlando launches a 3-v-4 fast break. Debinha chases the outlet pass through circle top wide right, lags a perfect forward pass down box right. Ln.Williams chases to 3m mid-right, tries a ground cross toward 6-top center for Evans. Ball deflects off Pressley's foot, to 1m right post, Harris dives back to post but ball squirts through her gloves. Ball spins along goalline to 1/3 right, 1/2 over but not full over. Lawrence pounces first, scoops ball off goalline, replay shows she clearly got it in time.

80' 0-0 Orlando subs in { 2nd of 3 }:
    - (2 of 5) Kate Howarth for #12 Kristen Edmonds.

83' 0-0 North Carolina subs in { 3rd of 3 }:
    - (3 of 5) #22 Hailey Harbison #13 Ryan Williams.

87' 0-0 Orlando subs in { 3rd of 3 }:
    - (3 of 5) #31 Chelsey Washington for #19 Jordan Listro. +4'.

18. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outside of the scoreline, one of the stories of this game has to be Kate Howarth getting on the field. First time back in a NWSL game since 2013 and UWS Player of the Year.

blissett repped this.
  19. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I missed the first half as well, but greatly enjoyed the second half.

20. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [CHI-NJ]
    Biegalski for McCaskill (red card); Gorden for H.Davidson.

Haracic for Sheridan.

Chicago: Q T.Davidson, Wright, Short, K.Johnson / OUT none
    Sky Blue: Q none / OUT Dydasco, Lloyd, K.Wright, Pugh, Zerboni

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  21. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    04' 0-0 Monaghan crosses from 1m wide right, out to 5m center. Onumonu hops for a header but ball curves behind her run, she lands at 1m just in front of Naeher. Cudjoe lunges self around 1 at 6-top center and glances a header down to 2m center -- right to Onumonu's feet. Onumonu promptly lifts right foot and backheels into back left. Offside.

06' 0-1 Monaghan receives at 15m box right, already behind Chicago's left flank. With no pressure, Monaghan drives to 6-top mid-right, toe-pokes a quick shot or cross to 2m right post. Naeher dives but can't catch, knocks ball out to 3m right post. Onumonu is once again lurking right there, easily sweeps into empty net.

22. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10' 1-1 Luebbert draws 3 defenders at 35m wide left, passes inside to DiBernardo at 30m box right. Watt alertly notices Freeman 5m behind Lewandowski, uses that gap to backcut Lewandowski up wide left. DiBernardo stomp-flicks one-touch through ball to 25m box left, Watt collects with a 2-step lead. Nobody rotates over, Watt continues to 9m 6-left, shoots right instep through Haracic's legs, into center back low.

22' 1-1 Sky Blue cross from the flanks. Chicago look for quick counters.

23. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    23' 1-1 :eek::x3: but I shall not emphasize it in print

27' 2-1 St. Georges chips long from circle back left to 27m right post, springs Goralski past Dorsey. Haracic comes out to arc top (her) left and waits for the bounce to land at her feet -- but Goralski shin-flicks it over Haracic's right foot and rounds her, follows alone into box to 5m center and easily taps in.

30' 2-1 Stoppage, St. Georges is down on hands and knees. This becomes the 1H hydration break.

24. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    44' 3-1 Goralski lags a perfect pass through box top right. Watt follows to 15m mid-right, crosses to DiBernardo momentarily unmarked at box top center. DiBernardo knocks ball down and forward, perfectly in her wheelhouse, steps and shoots a frozen rope into left side netting 1/4 high, past Haracic's dive. +5'.

25. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HT 3-1. Chicago 6(4)-(5)9 shots(sog), 1-5 corners, 6-15 crosses vs. 13-6 clearances, 2-2 offsides, 3-4 fouls, 40% possession ... and leading in the stat that counts.

59Amerinorsk and lil_one repped this.