Fall Series 2020, Week 2

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Sep 10, 2020.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We have a Friday game this week, so might as well get this party started, right?

Friday, Sept 11 at 7 pm ET: Courage vs Dash at WakeMed (on Twitch)
    Saturday, Sept 12 at 12 pm ET: Spirit vs Red Stars at Segra Field (on Twitch)
    Saturday, Sept 12 at 3:30 pm ET: Thorns vs Reign at Providence Park (on CBS, CBS All Access, and Twitch)

It's interesting to me to see that 3 of the 4 games so far have been midday local time.

blissett repped this.
  2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Updated schedule due to air quality concerns
    https://www.nwslsoccer.com/news/art...s-to-week-two-matches-of-the-nwsl-fall-series

Saturday, Sept 12 at 12 pm ET: Spirit vs Red Stars at Segra Field (on Twitch)
    Saturday, Sept 12 at 3:30 pm ET: Courage vs Dash at WakeMed (on CBS, CBS All Access, and Twitch)
    Tuesday, Sept 15 at 10:00 pm ET: Thorns vs Reign at Providence Park (on Twitch)

So, for a short time, the Spirit will be two games ahead of everyone not in the NE pod

3. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Injury reports for this weekend:

1304415535577403392 is not a valid tweet id

Also as mentioned in the other thread, Julie Ertz has opted out. I feel like we need to add that category to the injury reports, so I can remember who all is actually playing.

blissett repped this.
  4. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Here are the new NWSL players I noticed in the first series of games this year.

Morgan Weaver -- Portland. She was always on the scene near the goal, but needs to prove she can score.

Ashley Sanchez -- Washington. Of course..

Bri Visalli -- Houston. She was a real sparkplug.

Addisyn Merrick -- NC. A fourth round draft choice being an immediate starter is pretty impressive, especially on talent-rich NC.

Given the player absences for this round, I anticipate getting to see a lot of new faces on the field. Maybe we'll see more of Hailey Mace.

blissett and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  5. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So do you have to sign up for Twitch to get these games or do you just click on it?

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think you're supposed to just click on it... For example, if I try to go the the NWSL2 Twitch channel, it seems like it's already active for int'l viewers, and I would in theory be able to watch it if I wasn't US-based. (It wasn't active before game time.) The main channel isn't running for me right now, though.

7. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    FWIW, I just looked on Twitter and it seems like all US fans are experiencing the same problem. NWSL went FURT on this one.

It *is* live "on" Twitch if you're viewing Twitch through the NWSL app, though, apparently.

8. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just clicked on the link, and it played. I already subscribe to twitch.tv for gaming streams (and then never watch any :p)

9. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    26' 0-1 McCaskill splits 2 to 22m mid-left, passes to Watt at box top left. Luebbert separates from Dougherty Howard through arc top left post, positions self on Staab's right shoulder and follows her in. Watt goes to 9m just inside box left, Luebbert accelerates and overtakes Staab not looking. Watt bounces a fast cross to 6-top 1/3 left, Staab is 1 step out of range, Luebbert deflects it across mouth into bottom right pipe.

27' 0-1 Yellow card on McCaskill, for a foul on Feist.
    28' 0-1 Yellow card on Dougherty Howard, for a foul on Luebbert.
    30' 0-1 1H hydration break?

blissett repped this.
  11. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    42' 0-1 Dougherty Howard right ck, to 6-top left. McClure heads a bloop across mouth, Naeher runs across and catches the bounce, then promptly steps forth and throws long up (her) wide right -- looking for McCaskill?

42' 0-1 LB Bailey runs on and collects first at circle top wide left. McCaskill slides late from head-on and sweeps both legs out. Foul, 2nd yellow = red card on McCaskill :eek: Stoppage, trainer examines Bailey's foot.

44' 0-1 Bailey hops into far touch for more treatment.

45+3' (of +5') Yokoyama drives to arc top left post in a quick 2-v-2, taps to box top right post for Sanchez splitting the CBs. Sanchez plants poorly on the turf, shanks one-touch just wide right as Naeher dives. Bailey returns,

HT 0-1. Washington 4(2)-(3)4 shots(sog), 2-0 corners, 6-5 crosses vs. 5-8 clearances, 5-7 fouls, 59% possession.

blissett and lil_one repped this.
  12. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #12 Gilmoy, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    46' 0-1 Washington subs in { 0th of 3 }:
    - (1 of 5) #26 Meghan McCool for #7 Jaye Boisierre.

47' 0-1 Watt receives at circle top wide right, instantly flicks ball past Staab and rounds her on the outside. Bailey recovers, blatantly grabs Watt's jersey and tugs her off the ball. Foul, yellow card on Bailey.

52' 0-1 McClure ground cross from 8m wide right to 6m right post. Sanchez leans past H.Davidson(?), trips on turf with contact, drives left shoulder hard into pellets. No call, Sanchez stays down in a ball. Stoppage, trainer examines ... her left bicep? (Whew, not the legs.) Sanchez trots into near touch.

55' 0-1 Sanchez returns, promptly splits 2 through 12m box left, takes a body-bump and spins down onto her back. No call.

59' 0-1 Sanchez darts around St. Georges at 25m wide left. St. Georges calmly shoves Sanchez 1 body-width sideways off the ball, collects the free ball and turns the other way.

13. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I really like being able to hear the coaches and players...I do not miss the fake crowd noise at all. Right now, we can clearly hear Burke's instructions.

CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  14. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also I'd really like to see Watt score for Chicago...please.

15. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    65' 0-1 Luebbert chases Jacobs down right touch. Jacobs takes an extra-long step to avoid ball, her toes stick in the turf(?) and right ankle flops. Jacobs stays down, then stands up but can't walk. Stoppage, trainer promptly takes her into far touch.

67' 0-1 Washington subs in { 1st of 3 }:
    - (2 of 5) #22 Jenna Hellstrom for #4 Natalie Jacobs.

16. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOAL! Washington finally equalizes. 20 minutes left; we have a game on.

blissett repped this.
  17. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    71 1-1 Bailey drives down box left to 7m, crosses to 5m left post. H.Davidson jumps and heads away, but only across to 8m right post. Feist traps the bounce, out-slides Goralski and shoots left foot rising past Naeher, into back left roof.

74' 1-1 Bailey faces off with St. Georges at arc top box left, drives inside to 22m arc left. St. Georges bodies Bailey off ball, but from slightly behind. Foul.

75' 1-1 Dougherty Howard fk at 22m arc left, gentle scoop pass over Chicago's unwary wall, to 8m 6-right. Three Washington players run on unmarked, Sanchez(?) stabs ball into Naeher's legs, nobody can get the rebound, Feist is offside.

75' 1-1 2H hydration break.

blissett repped this.
  18. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    80' 1-1 Washington subs in { 2nd of 3 }:
    - (3 of 5) #31 Crystal Thomas for #17 Kumi Yokoyama
    - (4 of 5) #5 Brooke Hendrix for #6 Katie McClure.

82' 1-1 Thomas promptly drives down wide right to endline, fouled by Watt -- for a tug?

83' 1-1 Watt crosses high from 15m wide left for Luebbert down centerline, Staab intercepts. Chicago are still trying to attack, but the missing player really

84' 1-1 Sanchez leads St. Georges through box top midleft, almost shields her off. St. Georges again applies her mass advantage, disrupts enough that ball bounces off Sanchez's heel back through box top.

85' 1-1 Chicago subs in { 1st of 3 }:
    - (1 of 5) #34 Aerial Chavarin for #13 Morgan Gautrat
    - (2 of 5) #27 Dani Rhodes for #19 Sarah Luebbert.

19. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    85' 1-1 Chicago left ck, to 6-top 1/4 left. #_ jumps and heads down to 1/5 left, Naeher dive-falls rightward, wraps right arm around Sanchez(?) and slaps ball along goalline. Foul on Washington during the scrum.

87' 1-1 Off that restart, Watt cuts inside to arc top 6-right, shoots high left instep bend over Bledsoe, off crossbar 1/5 left. Ball bounces down to 6-top left post, Bledsoe lands on side and immediately pops up. Rhodes runs on alone, shoots one-touch right instep directly into Bledsoe's feet, Bledsoe kick-saves.

88 1-1 Washington subs in { 3rd of 3 }:
    - (5 of 5) #18 Jessie Scarpa for #2 Ashley Sanchez. +8'.

20. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    90+3' (of +8') 2-1 Thomas chases to 5m mid-left, St. Georges overpursues as ball rattles through her legs. Thomas reverses course, collects going away -- no, it's a fake, she spins cw and goes endline again! Quick cross through the tiny window past St. Georges and in front of Naeher, to 2m right post. Scarpa back-cuts Goralski caught ball-watching for 0.1 seconds, slides and taps into back right low.

I think Goralski held a trap line at 6-top, which was good until Thomas did her reversal -- and then the ball is behind the trap line, which destroys the trap.

90+6' (of +8') 2-1 Chicago subs in { 2nd of 3 }:
    - (3 of 5) #16 Camryn Biegalski for #2 Kealia Watt.

FT 2-1. Washington 15(8)-(6)10 shots(sog), 3-0 corners, 18-8 crosses vs. 12-20 clearances, 6-1 offsides, 11-11 fouls, 59% possession with 565 passes. Didn't quite reach HC Burke's targets of 60% and 600, but this is a young roster :p

CoachJon, lil_one, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  21. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #21 Gilmoy, Sep 12, 2020
    [NCC-HOU]
    NC starts Rn.Williams on the right and Ln.Williams on the left :ROFLMAO:
    1304854032272568321 is not a valid tweet id

Prisock is back from her calf injury vs. Portland, but Oyster is still out. Andrzejewski ("Dr. Z" :D) gets a start. (actually "an drew jes key")

22. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #22 Gilmoy, Sep 12, 2020
    01' 0-0 Roccaro receives a hot outlet pass at own arc top right, K.Mewis jams a leg in and bumps Roccaro off-balance. Ball skitters forward to Latsko at 12m right post, quick shot to right post 1/2 high, Labbé dives and slaps it away.

02' 0-0 K.Mewis right ck, cleared. Houston again presses high, Merrick dribbles out of own box top mid-left.

04' 0-0 Houston counters en masse, Latsko crosses from 5m wide right, Merrick blocks it high, it lands near the corner arc and spins over endline right.

05' 0-0 K.Mewis right ck, tight inswinger to 1/4 right high, Labbé jumps and double-punches it away to the left. Merrick chases it out to 9m 3-left, Latsko jumps forward, both looking up at the ball. Massive head-on-head collision snaps Merricks's head back and knocks her into a back half-somersault. NC clears, stoppage: Merrick is down on all fours, catching blood in her right palm.

09' 0-0 Merrick walks off behind NC's goal, holding gauze to her right forehead above her right eye. Contact split the skin, hopefully the impact was not a more serious issue.

09' 0-0 North Carolina subs in { 1st of 3 }:
    - (1 of 5) RB #24 Peyton Perea for LB #27 Addisyn Merrick. NC slides Dahlkemper to CB and Kurtz out to LB, maintains their sweeper + 3 backline.

23. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dahlkemper scores on a PK earned by Debinha (Chapman got a yellow card for it). 1-0 North Carolina

24. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is not related to this game in particular, but I did think that at one point it was reported Dahlkemper was going to opt out. I guess she didn't? Or am I just confused on who opted out, and who didn't?

And, really Groom? Put it on target!

25. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    18' 0-0 #_ at midfield mid-left fires a ground pass to 27m center, well past Debinha. Naughton rushes a one-touch backpass to nowhere, ball dies at box top mid-left, equidistant from two teammates. Debinha continues her run and touches to 12m mid-left, Chapman recovers and slides a bit recklessly, plows through Debinha's feet. Foul, pk, yellow card on Chapman.

20' 1-0 Dahlkemper pk, right instep blast into back left low, as Campbell dove the other way.