Fair warning......

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by Antique, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a 40 seat coach available at Lockhart Stadium on July 4th to transport proper soccr fans to the slums of St Petersburg to cheer for the doomed Ft Lauderdale Strikers for what is certain to be one of their last visits before Beckham & Claure drive them into the Everglades to be devoured by very large snakes.......:eek:

Hide your wimmin, your watches & your wallets.....We're coming in force this time....Maybe...:rolleyes:

You have been warned.....:cool:

brentgoulet repped this.
  2. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh, we'll still only be able to barely hear you.

Good that you guys are bringing a bus this time, at least.

Also, I honestly feel for you guys during this whole Beckham to Miami bullshit.

brentgoulet repped this.
  3. Mutiny RIP

Mutiny RIP Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Bradenton, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There must have been a lot of room for you to stretch out on that bus. I did not see more than about 20 Strikers Likers in Al Lang. I'm going to be nice and not bring up what occurred during those 90 minutes. I hope you guys enjoyed the fireworks.

4. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a Thursday evening game we had 22 on the bus plus another 6 or so that drove here in their own vehicles. As far as I know it was the largest group we've been able to get to Al Lang so far. We hope to fill a 50 seat bus for the game in October. Maybe we can, maybe we can't. At least we have a number to shoot for.

Part of the problem with getting folks to go is the bad rap you've had there in treating visiting fans. This trip was a huge exception. No problems at all. By and large we were ignored, except for a few known mobsters that have tailgated with us at Lockhart and dropped by Sec 6 to say hello. We now are recommending to all ULTRAS and F19 members to make the trip in October. We'll try to get the Strikers FO to pass the word to any and all Striker Likers to take a trip to one of the most beautiful stadium locations in the country.

We've never won there, so last night's loss was no unexpected. We are, after all, the worst team in NASL and you saw the reasons on display for 90 minutes. No attack, do defense and no confidence does not a winning team make. Fortunately it was the end of the Spring Championship and we hope the FO can get a new coach that can construct a much more competitive team. On that will one day actually win there.

We do not stay for the fireworks. We were out of the parking lot by 9pm. Home by 1AM after an overall fun trip.

brentgoulet repped this.
  5. Mutiny RIP

Mutiny RIP Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Bradenton, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry that some Rowdies fans mistreated the fans of your team. Anyone that would engage in violence or try to provoke violence is an idiot and not a true Rowdies fan.

I have noticed not only in this game, but in other games this season, that our FO has really improved how they go about accommodating away fans. I look forward to the next Rowdies-Strikers clash!

brentgoulet repped this.
  6. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. As do we....:)

7. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel we've been successful in stamping out any hostility towards visiting fans other than the expected "Smack Talk"/Back and Forth between us. Anything else that goes beyond that is unacceptable as we do not want our Supporters Group to become another ATL Ultras in this league. We are better than that!

8. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all fine and good, but let's not pretend like it's been a huge problem. Citing a couple of isolated incidents, while wrong and yes we've worked on cutting it out, is an excuse. You guys don't bring a big group even when the game is on a Saturday. Nothing has happened at Al Lang like what we've seen in the past at Ft. Lauderdale, but we keep coming and we come in bigger and bigger numbers.

Just show up in October like you give a shit, and let's get on with this rivalry.

9. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MY, my. What got you so unhappy?

10. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure I made it clear in my post.