Fahck!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, Oct 25, 2003.

1. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Fachk!

Inter Milan join Atletico Madrid interest for Tottenham's Postiga
    tribalfootball.com - October 25, 2003

Inter Milan coach Alberto Zaccheroni will move quickly to find a replacement for Mohammed Kallon in the January transfer market.
    With the Sierra Leone striker suspended over a failed drug test, Zacc wants to replace the youngster with a similar player.

A short-list of five has already been drawn up between Zacc and Inter president Massimo Moratti.

Topping the list is Boca Juniors star Carlos Tevez, who is expected to be sold by his Argentine club at the turn of the year.

Empoli's Antonio di Natale, Lecce striker Javier Chevanton and Diomansy Kamara of Modena are also in Inter's sights.

Tottenham youngster Helder Postiga is being linked with a January approach. The Portuguese youngster is also on Atletico Madrid's wanted list and both they and Inter know Postiga has struggled to make a mark at Spurs this season and could be available.

Tell them to *#*#*#*# off.

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What's funny is that the initial report claimed Atletico wanted him on loan. After the Rebrov debacle there's no chance we'd let Postiga go anywhere after signing him for so much money.

As it is Helder just needs a muscle buildup programme and continued exposure to Premiership football, then he'll come on strong. Every team need four strikers to do well, we have KAK, Zamora and Postiga. With Kanoute being a bit injury prone we absolutely would not let Helder go anywhere, unless we were completely mental.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way he's leaving before the end of the year. He did very well the first few games, doing everything but actually score a goal (how many times was he a few inches wide). Then he got a knock, and KAK came on form. This is not a selling point.

4. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well I've read a couple of reports (Tribal football + The People) adding Barcelona to the list of interested clubs. They're all talking about a 6 month loan deal. Which would be pointless, I don't think Postiga would have any greater chance of playing in the starting XI with them than he has with us right now.

5. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I sure hope we don't give up on Postiga so quickly. I think he's a talent. It always takes a year to settle, and the Board (with the input of Pleat and Hoddle) did a good job of planning by bringing in Kanoute at the same time as Zamora and Postiga. At the time, I (and many others) really questioned Kanoute's acquisition because of his health and attitude. Well his efficiency is still stellar, and his attitude has been as well. The injury situation is relieved a bit with the presence of Zamora and Postiga, but obviously still a major concern.

But the plan was for Postiga and Zamora to be bled in slowly, and I say to stick with the plan, because it looks to be working, despite the lack of finishing up to this point.

If Tottenham sell Postiga, it'll be clear that they're not going after Diego. So I'd be surprised if Spurs let him leave so quickly, especially when he's still doing the business for Portugal in his age group, and with his excellent attitude.

The other factor, unfortunately, is always money. Depending upon our finances--which have been put under scrutiny lately--and the numbers being offered, there is a very real possibility that Postiga might end up being a sacraficial (financially) lamb. :( I hope not.

-Digital

6. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England