fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by harkes6, Apr 29, 2011.

1. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    caught this at the end of the article. sounds like something to say now, whereas in a few months they won't be able to keep anyone, citing the need for cash in lieu of the drop.

2. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    note: obviously if west ham get the drop, a number of players will go regardless (parker, cole, green, upson (out of contract), keane (as subject to his loan stipulations)
    my concern is for the players who may be on the 'leaving bubble' so to speak. hitz i imagine would want out but what about piq, da costa, ba, noble...clear prem quality players. would they stay? would they immediately be sold? would they want to leave of their own accord?
    i don't trust gold or sullivan and suspect they may try to cash out completely and coast on youth and reserves to battle it out and then cite the mass exodus on a need for more cash. the bastard good for nothing optimist in me says if we do get the drop we'll be back up in a year.

all in all, i've thought about this far too much already.

3. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Hitz has a get out clause in his contract

4. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Of course they are going to sell, this team isnt good enough to compete in the premier league. They need to play some of their young guys and build a more balanced team. We have way to many holding midfielders, no wingers, no fullbacks, and after we get relegated no strikers.

Will Olympic stadium decision be reconsidered if West Ham is relegated?

5. blainehammer

blainehammer Member

Oct 12, 2004
    White Rock, Canada
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Is this fact or fiction? Or som sick joke?

West Ham, meanwhile, are interested in replacing current boss Avram Grant with QPR manager Neil Warnock.
    Full story: the Sun

Mmmmmmmmm

6. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Weird, Warnock thinks he may get the sack too for a big(bigger) name coach.

7. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I was thinking the same thing that Warnock was going to get the boot, considering his owners in Ecclestone and Briatore. QPR will hire some big name coach like Rafa Benitez, Claudio Rainieri, or someone. If they splash big, they will turn into their neighbor, Chelsea. I can totally see it. As for Warnock, he better not come to WHU. He was like the rally monkey in trying to get them relegated. WHU needs a manager who is hungry to make the bounce back into the EPL (Face it, we might as well get used to the thought of relegation.).

8. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    OS is going to be WHU's selling point for the Davids. If they were rational people, they would sell quickly because the fans are going to turn on them big time if they don't fix this team like Newcastle did when they got relegated and the move to OS isn't as popular as the media indicates.