PBP: FAC - Coventry City FC vs Manchester United FC - April 21, 2024 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 19, 2024.

1. theredarmy87

theredarmy87 New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Apr 7, 2022
    Does anyone know how to get tickets for the FA Cup final? I happen to be in London on May 25!

2. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    So sad you never knew our glory days.

CybrSlydr repped this.
  3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Red Card

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You know it’s bad when Maguire was on of the few guys on the pitch that showed heart. He did everything he could to drive the team on along with Bruno. The rest checked out at halftime and probably even before that.

AWBs performance was one of the worst I’ve ever seen for any player on any United team. He looked lost from the first minute, constantly jogged back after being way out of position, and failed to do the basic things a footballer at this level should. I was watching and on literally every play I was saying, what the ******** is AWB doing?

4. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Put him back on the right and move Dalot to left.

5. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Red Card

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone see the video of Antony taunting the Coventry players after the final penalty? What a twat.

6. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
  7. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What?! What an ass.

8. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Never known a victory feel as much like a defeat.

I think what felt different this time is it wasnt just the players sh1tting the bed last half hour of normal time or so (as usual) it was also the managers tactics and subs too.

We actually played in a mid-block initially and relatively speaking were vaguely compact. For sure our front 3 didnt offer much (not unusual) and Coventry not pressing or committing helped.

But eff me, as soon as they did start to press and commit and especially after EtH subs, then all the same spacing issues and vacant midfield problems came roaring back and we folded like a cheap suit. Though that pen being given against us after the Grealish and Everton non-calls is pretty scandalous tbh.

EtH looks and sounds broken in spirit - these players will do that to you (have done it to us fans too).

JC7rox repped this.
  9. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Has a team ever sold half a squad because a lot of these guys are not good enough and mentally weak.

I want to sell 6 guys and promote the kids.

10. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    1782108752138678485 is not a valid tweet id

Sofabloke and CybrSlydr repped this.
  11. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The still image of Antony showing no class in this match in more ways than one.

12. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Some twits on twitter say the VAR line was drawn on AWB's foot and the call is wrong.

13. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Red Card

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Honestly, with how inaccurate the whole line drawing and frames bullshit is for offsides, there should be a tolerance zone where anything in that area goes to the attacking side. You would still run into the same type of shit where the tolerance line are drawn wrong, but at least it eliminates these offices by a millimeter type of decisions that ruin the game.

The Coventry goal should have stood in my opinion. That millimeter had no effect on the play.

SF19 repped this.
  14. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...mbarrassing-reaction-to-fa-cup-semi-final-win

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ny-was-provoked-against-coventry-says-ten-hag

SF19 repped this.