Fabulous Future for Fire

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by schroncar, Nov 24, 2023.

1. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By Christmas: Fire announce new world-class head coach. Disposals- Torres (buyout) and Kacper (trade to Montreal for rights to Djordje). Acquisitions- Djordje, Perciado ( or equivalent.), Lewandowski and high quality CB. Joe announces twin priorities of upgrading team performance and obtaining site for stadium.

End of Preseason: New coach announces substantial progress was made during preseason. Also mentions the 3 Promoted players (Glasgow, Ostrem, Osorio) and the younger reserve players ( Casas, Oregel, Reynolds, Bezerra, Rodriquez) all looked promising and were pushing the backups for minutes.

Mid-Season Break: Fire have improved noticeably over prior year and are currently 6th in East. Team chemistry growing and games are entertaining. Fans have noticed and adopted a couple players, match attendance has increased. Younger players and backups getting minutes, especially when starters gone for national team play. Joe announces upgrades at RB, LB, CM (#8) and backup GK being discussed. Coach indicates a couple of younger players will likely be competing for starter by end of season.

End of Season: Fire finish a highly successful season in 2nd place in East. They advance to Open Cup Final and semi-finals in MLS playoffs. Close! Several players win league recognition. Joe announces a site for new stadium has been acquired and that most of necessary approvals have been obtained. The 32,000 seat stadium should easily be ready by start of 2027 season. The fans are loving it!

Hope your Thanksgiving was as good as mine! Lots of things to be thankful for at our house.
    This may be a tad optimistic but, hey, the Fire are due! Take your pessimism elsewhere!
    (Note- Only 1 double PowersGold was harmed during the making of this.)

Mac97, bunge, xtomx and 2 others repped this.
  2. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    (Adding Powers Gold to X-Mas list…)

Mac97 repped this.
  3. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Take that sh*t to the Chicago Fire delusional thread! Lol

goldclover, xtomx, Mac97 and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Mac97

Mac97 Member+

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hey, some of the best times of my life have been delusional.

Pennsylvania Dave, xtomx, bunge and 2 others repped this.
  5. Viv Stanshall could identify. I wore this song out back in the day. Whenever my wife falls asleep with her glasses on I ask, "Is it so you can see your dreams more clearly?" If only we had glasses that allow us to see a good Fire team.
    upload_2023-11-25_10-29-11.png

Mac97 repped this.
  6. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This is where I bring up the Paul McCartney is Viv Stanshall is Billy Shears delusion... A wonderful conspiracy I wish was true but unfortunately there's just not enough "THERE" there for me. Although the John Halliday thing was compelling and coincidental.

willydonc repped this.
  7. I'll have to consult with my wife since she's the local expert on Beatles things.

She is aware of the Paul>Viv>Billy Shears conspiracy, but in the 60s she was far too young to have her own conspiracy delusions. Dead end.

8. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #8 Pennsylvania Dave, Nov 26, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    Well it was a rabbit hole I went down when I was bored one time. There are many people who are 100% CONVINCED in the Paul is Dead truther movement. It's pretty batsh*t crazy some of it and mainly I think I explored it to more research the mental illness of some purveyors of the conspiracy which was probably the most fascinating thing about that whole movement which gets into lots of numerology, Illuminiati/33rd level Mason stuff and Tavistock social engineering. Apparently Billy Shears is above the 33rd level Mason and up into the Illuminati (why he hangs out with the Queen of England and knighted) and the original Paul McCartney had to be sacrificed because (obviously) they sold their souls to Satan to gain their fame. Remember Allister Crowley was on the Sgt Pepper cover and Paul McCartney's replacement was hand picked by higher ups to help lead us into the New World Order. Oh and don't forget Manson and Helter Skelter. It's somehow tied all together in ways our little pea brains can't fathom...Lol. Who knows? Not me that's for sure....

EDIT: Tavistock conspiracy links because why not?
    https://music.amazon.com/es-ar/podc...le-the-beatles-were-they-a-tavistock-creation

xtomx, bunge and willydonc repped this.
  9. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My fortune teller is mad at you delusionists!

willydonc and Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  10. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    #10 dlm_Fire, Nov 26, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    By Christmas: The Fire are bought outright by Saudi Oil Money. Pep Guardiola is transferred to this new challenge.

End of Preseason: MLS purchased outright by Saudi Oil Money and salary cap dispensed with. 200M in transfers completed. Dallas forcibly re-branded back to the Burn as part of the purchase.

Mid-Season Break: The Fire have yet to lose or Tie. Dallas and Columbus have yet to win a match.

End of Season: Fire win Leagues Cup, Open Cup, supporters shield, MLS Cup, Brimstone Cup. Pep announces a focus on Concacaf Champions League for next year. Saudi Oil Money announces a buyout of Soldier field from the park district, the Bears are ejected and forced to play in Champaign next year. Plans are announced for the cathedral of soccer specific stadiums to replace NSF, featuring free parking, toilets with automatic shakers, and every seat having a rubber dick dispenser.

By next Christmas: Arlington Racetrack bought by Saudi Oil Money and heavy investment to bring racing back is announced. Bears disband.

11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I watched the first video and I am pretty sure that at my age, I will not recover the brain cells that died during that 3 minutes and 12 seconds. My brain cells began to commit suicide as soon as Billy Graham started to speak.

I cannot afford to watch the second video. I have work to do and need my remaining brain cells.

Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  12. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I would not want this at all.

bunge, schroncar and xtomx repped this.
  13. Mac97

Mac97 Member+

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If you're gonna go in hard on delusional, have it involve Peter Wilt.

Ya know, something that would make us happy (however unrealistic it is) and leave the Saudi's out of any paragraph or post involving the Fire.

LIZZIE and xtomx repped this.
  14. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    I don't *want* it either, that's the point of ridicule. The original post was drug fueled fantasy with *zero* chance of happening.

goldclover repped this.
  15. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Original post was not drug fueled at all (Powers Gold is Irish whiskey) but the chances of events occurring exactly as presented are “somewhat low”.

16. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I thought the Saudi rant was funny.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of you thought I was delusional. The acquisition of Barlow as backup/defensive striker is only step one in the plan. Just wait and see!

18. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I never approved this plan!

19. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    If we can get half the "by Xmas" part I'll be thrilled!

Add world-class head coach.
    Dispose Torres and Kacper
    Acquire Djordje, Perciado ( or equivalent.), AND Lewandowski

20. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not disagree with your addition, however, I deliberately composed an all positive posting. No negativity allowed.

Fuegofan repped this.
  21. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    Didn't intend any addition, just highlighting my preferences....and "if we can get half" is half positive half questioning;) vs simply "negative" :p

schroncar repped this.
  22. lurak

lurak Member+

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Will there be a head coach by the time preseason camp starts in January? Will Klopas go into preseason with the interim tag or as the head coach? Is Heitz waiting for someone to be fired in January from a European team? Will Heitz go bargain hunting in the Re-entry Draft? Will he fill out the roster with MLS Crapshoot Draft picks? Will there actually be a DP9 coming in January?

I wish I could go to tomorrow's event. If someone here is going, I hope you get feedback from the club. This is getting annoying right now.

23. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone applied for the head coach position yet?

24. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was nice for two weeks.

overlap_old_coach repped this.
  25. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    I mean…like y’all thought some super coach was going to come in here and do magic with this roster?

Torres, Przybylko and Gimenez are all signed through 2025…and we have room for a DP, a TAM, a U22, and a depth piece or two.