Fabregas vs Flamini

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Gmak, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Gmak

Gmak BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 13, 2005
    I've been pondering over this one for a while which 2 youngsters are better? in my opinion it's fabregas because he plays betta wadya think

2. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fabregas - he's a strong player, still learning and he stays on his feet.

3. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    They're two completely different players, so I think it's unfair to compare them. Flamini is a holding mid while Cesc is a playmaker.

4. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Flamini's got a place in the squad, will start eventually at the Premiership level, and will be a quality player.

Cesc has got once-in-a-lifetime like vision and control and has the possibility of being one of the great players on the continent.

So, Cesc gets the vote...

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yep....the 2 are both quality and offer different skills to the side.

6. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Fabregas strikes me as a box to box player. He gets back to defend a lot, but also is a great passer and chips in with goals as well. Top signing.

Flamini might be a Petit type player eventually.

7. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    Difficult to compare the two due to their different styles, Fabregas is just quality and i would say he easily has more ability than Flamini, but im a big fan of flamini, he's a hard worker and you cant help but appreciate the effort the guy puts in.

8. 49unbeaten

49unbeaten Member

Jan 3, 2005
    upstate ny
    Both these players have very different roles and if you judge each player on how well they do their job(at the moment) then I give it to Flamini....but cesc under the eye of AW will become a great player. Hes gonna be a type of player that we havent had in while....a true playmaker

9. Claus KJ

Claus KJ New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Horses for courses and all that.

KJ

10. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would echo the comments above.

Cesc has better all-round footballing talent while Flamini has better defensive qualities and is able to get around the pitch better. The only problem I have with Cesc is that he sometimes seems a bit pedestrian in the hurly-burly of a Premiership midfield. I realise that they a both very young and have lots of time to develop, but at the moment Flamini is more suited to the English game.

11. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flamini: Ridiculous workrate, very good skill.

Fabregas: Very good workrate, ridiculous skill.

These two could make a hell of a partnership in the years to come...

12. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with most of that but I think the jury is still out on Flamini's technical skills. His workrate is awesome but he was caught out of position a great deal last season (unless Wenger said to him, "run around like a headless chicken even if this lets attackers run straight at the defense all game"), turned the ball over too often, and his passing is certainly not up to Arsenal standards yet. If he does manage to bring up his skills to match his workrate than he'll be a great player for years to come. Too early to tell.

13. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Don't know why, but I've a hunch that it's Flamini that'll make his mark with The Arsenal? He reminds me of Bryan Robson, Rayzer and Petit and I don't think we've seen the best of him. If he lasts, I see him progressively contributing more in front of goal as well? Don't get me wrong Cesc is pure class.

They could be an amazing partnership but I am a bit concerned about a central mid pair so lacking in inches; would it really matter?