FA CUP THE Arsenal vs Sunderland 18 Sat

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalTexan3, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Away to the Stadium of Light in the FA Cup.

17:15 UK, 12:15 eastern.

TV: ITV1 for UK. FSC for US
    Streams: Yeah there will be some.

[​IMG]

He still believes.

KILL!

2. Roscoe P Coldchain

Sep 14, 2004
    Westside St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We need this one bad. Hoping Ox gets the start and a 2-0 score line for the Gunners.

3. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game will be important to see whether Wenger has control of the dressing room or not. The away fans have been class. The players need to respond. I believe that they will. We will crush Sunderland.

3-0

4. Lemartes

Lemartes Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Half expecting a 2-1 defeat, but I'll hope for a narrow win. Definitely will be a chance to bounce back, here's hoping Walcott gets benched.

5. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    While Walcott is already a mediocre player, he's really tired as well. He's been the only player playing this many games along with Song. Give them both a rest. Start le Coq (that sounds wrong lol) in Song's position, and start Gervinho/Ox.

6. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Have a feeling we will see Arshavin joggin around for 70 minutes with his finger in his nose.

Dont expect much, feel a big injury is coming.

7. Fitzgerald#11

Fitzgerald#11 Member

May 23, 2007
    Calgary
    Too early for Gervinho or save him for a possible replay?

8. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoping the yo-yo season continues with a solid performance after yesterday's mauling. See some rotation as well and hope for a good performance and no injuries on that terrible pitch. Something like:

Gervinho---RVP---Ox
    Arteta---Coq---Ramsey
    Gibbs---Vermaelen--JD--Sagna

Interesting to see if Arshavin starts with Gervinho just coming back.

9. Barciur

Barciur Member+

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I think this is the cup final of the season. If we lose this, this will be a spiral downwards. Fixture list is awful, after this we're playing Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle. Zero confidence at the moment, this will make it worse and we'll ******** up next 3 games. God this is so awful.

10. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    We will barely sneak a win in this game. I say a 1-0 or 2-1. I'll take any win. We need this badly or this season will take an EVEN BIGGER turn for the worse.

11. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm not too confident about this one. Sunderland have performed pretty well this season and they have to feel ill-used by Lady Luck after last weekend. They surely saw last night's debacle and they and their fans will be smelling blood. As Barciur mentioned, this is our cup final, our line in the sand moment. Unfortunately, that line in the sand has been breached a lot the past couple of seasons. If I were a neutral, I'd put my money on Sunderland advancing.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    1-nil to The Arsenal!

Go on Arsenal. Let's lock in on the FA Cup and 4th place.
    Be positive and...

[​IMG]

13. kstuart

kstuart Member

Jul 13, 1999
    Northern California
    Middlesbrough have had to sell all but 3 of their Premiership players, they had many of their SPL players injured, and it still took Sunderland 200 minutes to beat them narrowly.

I think it is mainly a question of psychology, both for Gervinho and for the Arsenal players who went to Italy.

14. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unlike the league match, Sunderland will probably be "going for it", which should help us offensively. Would like to see Coq, Yennaris & Ox in this one.

15. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it will be interesting to see if Sunderland change their approach since the last time.

16. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gotta say I agree. We are an easy mark right now. If we go down a goal, expect to see a lot of slumped shoulders half ass lazy play until the last ten minutes when we will panic, play completely desperate, ugly football. AW needs a solid game plan BEFORE taking the pitch. A cliche but "this is an absolute must win" for the future of this club.

17. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sunderland were not much of a threat in the last game, and only scored due to good luck on their part.

They have to play more open football, as it's a one off game, and as said this will help us. I think we can win, but a draw may be more likely. This team is mentally stronger IMO than in past seasons.

18. randomswathe

randomswathe Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is it. The only shot at a trophy this year. Play with some ********ing pride.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk[/ame]

19. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    When is this guy coming back?
    [​IMG]

ps. that's his old bedroom at his parents house (jenkinson)

20. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    You mean, not: "Sit back and wait for the centreback to break his leg in our shitty turf"? Doubt it.

21. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd have to say their best chance of winning is to defend and nick one on the counter, but I just wonder if they might see us as a wounded animal at the moment and try to get at us.

22. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the hairdryer's treatment the players got from Arsene yesterday, I truly hope that they will show some pride tomorrow.
    Would be great to see some new blood as well. Le Coq, Ox, Gerv should start. Apparently Koz is not seriously injured. Would be good to have him back as well. A Djourou- Verm pairing is a disaster waiting to happen.

PS. Arsene just confirmed that Kos is out tomorrow. Djourou will start then. God help us!

23. Fitzgerald#11

Fitzgerald#11 Member

May 23, 2007
    Calgary
    3rd game in 7 days but gotta go with the best XI. Only question is who starts up front? Ox, Gervinho or AA? Or maybe you bench Theo to send a message.

Also can Gibbs play again after such a long layoff? Maybe play Coq at lb

24. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I feel the players will come out with something to prove and we'll see a really good performance from the guys tomorrow. Like was mentioned earlier, they barley got past Boro, and needed a knacked CB to even compete in the match against the Arsenal previously, so if anyone should be worried it should be Sunderland. They're trying to corner a wounded tiger here!

25. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to see Song get more involved offensively for this one but with our back four struggling, probably won't happen. Get one (or hopefully two) early and hang on for the ride!!!

Lets see some Grit Boys. It's now or never.

Up the motherfuinggg Arsenal!

(a trouncing of those cloggers would feel damn good about now).