FA Cup not on TV in Canada??

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Glory Hornet Boyz, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Glory Hornet Boyz

Glory Hornet Boyz New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Barrie, Canada
    Seeing as Sportsnet usually show a few 1st round and 2nd round games in the FA Cup (which they didn't this year), I thought I would just email Sportsnet to make sure they will be covering the FA Cup like they have the past 2 years. However this is the response I got:

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your recent email. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have the broadcasting rights for the FA Cup. Our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Sincerely
    Jim LaChapelle
    Audience Relations
    1-877-288-7767

Who gives up the rights to the FA CUP??? I mean English football gets better ratings on a Saturday morning than Craptors games gets these days!!

Does anyone know if the Score, FSWC or GOL TV CDA has picked up the rights to the FA Cup???

2. joebloe888

joebloe888 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 1, 2005
    Fuyutu Island
    The 1st and 2nd rounds of the FA Cup aren't worth anything.

The Canadian networks have gotten wise: wait until the last possible minute for FSI's asking price to come down.

The FA Cup is worth way too much money in Canada for anyone NOT to want it. If Sportsnet were to pass, then FSI will shop it to The Score before FSW Canada/Global.

3. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey we will always have Curling, spelling bees, fitness challenges, and lumberjack challenges.... and yet we keep hearing about Canada celebrating its multicultural diversity??!! Its all about the money and the above is cheap coverage to buy. :mad:

4. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Don't forget Poker!!! Those Canadian Opens are just so glamourous...

5. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah how could I forget the great sport of Poker :rolleyes: