FA Cup Defense Starts with...

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by gildarkevin, Dec 5, 2004.

1. gildarkevin

gildarkevin Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Exeter.

Great, a non-league side looking to shock the world.

But, after an intense holiday fixture period, it will be good to be able to rest the players who need it most, without putting the game in too much danger.

2. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed, we get to play the club with Uri Geller and Michael Jackson as board members... I'm sure it'll be fun.

3. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, just maybe Spector can get a game here! I think our League Cup side will play this one and dominate.

4. gildarkevin

gildarkevin Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I wouldn't be suprised to see something like the side that beat Arsenal last week facing Exeter, but I'm not sure Spector will get this game in (surely Howard should).

Frankly, and this is opening a can of worms, I'm in the camp that wants to see him on loan somewhere by then.

5. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I say the Carling cup squad with first teamers not really getting much time, i.e. Saha, Smith. That way we can get off to a good start in the FA cup and get these critical subs some playing time.

But as every year the question might be raised, which comes first, the League, FA cup, or Europe? Interesting to see how things go.

6. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Exter? Aren't they a club in the southwest run by a spoon bender?

7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And a child molester.... oh sorry, "alleged" child molester.

8. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    But what happens if you put out your reserves, and then loose. Is everyone gonna lynch Fergie for not taking the FA Cup seriously?

Unlikely that even the reserves would loose to Exeter...but you know...IF

9. 50 Euro

50 Euro Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Bend It Like Geller
    [​IMG]

10. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hmm.

-------Smith--Saha---
    Richardson-DjDJ--Fletcher--Bellion
    Fortune---Spector-Brown--Pique-
    ----------Howard-------------

Bench: Eagles, Silvestre, Rossi, RVN, Giggs

Smith and Saha make it because they don't get enough playing time. Richardson gets to cut his teeth again in a meaningful game. DjDJ gets playing time, Fletcher gets a commanding role in the middle, Bellion gets a little more time, as does Fortune. Spector plays well when given the chance, so gets one here. Brown is there to steady the back-line. Pique looks like a helluva talent, and came here in the first place to get chances to play.

The bench is a mixture of youngsters, and tried and true players to put on in case of emergency.