PBP: FA Cup: Chelsea vs Man U

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by truefan420, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    to a certain degree it still makes sense. helps to keep our best players, and also recruit other good players. i think it can be very important for that. so from a club management sense, it makes sense to want or strive for that. not saying we should.

2. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How bout we get a manager that knows how to manage? Flexible, tactical and understands the league. No more Italian coaches

3. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I want one that has the philosophy to throw on an extra attacker in the last 10 minutes of a cup competition when down 0-2 and you have 2 shots in the first 80 minutes. Oh wait, that is every manager except Sarri

4. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mind blown

5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well I don't think we need to bring nationality into it. Di Matteo did well - y'know the whole champions league thing. Plus, Ranieri and Vialli and Ancelotti all did a fine job imho.

A Marquee manager? Well we are a big event club. Changing the coaches has worked well for us over time.

What has changed at the club? The answer is Roman. No I know he's not Italian. But the club has changed and Roman may be on his way out? And maybe he is not as passionate about owning a football club as he used to be?

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The capacity to change and adapt. That is a big deal. Pep has it, but then he also had half a billionaire quid to spend. Pepe is now trying to buy up all the most talented English players. City are buying a feeder club in China. Seems like the Arab owners have the big appetite and football is just as a business after all and our brand loyalty doesn't matter so much.

7. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, Conte also won this small thing called the Premier league?

lobomojo repped this.