FA Cup: Bournemouth v. the Arsenal, Monday January 27, 2000 GMT

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mebeSajid, Jan 24, 2020.

1. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what the heck ESPN+

We are unable to play this video at the moment. Please try again later.

2. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went away from esp+ and then back again and it was back. Roku schedule foul-up? Anyway I got the game the second Saka scored, so it's all good!

3. cooper7d7

cooper7d7 Member+

Feb 7, 2001
    CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  5. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There's a hilarious "F*** VAR" chant.

6. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Willock has been superb tonight and key to both goals. Kind of amazing how he's been able to create space in the center by turning both left and right.

CarlosKaiser repped this.
  7. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my goodness what fans in the stands are chanting about the video assistant referee!

8. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching how VAR makes those lines to determine offside give me little confidence in that process. You'd thing with technology they could have an aerial camera or view from less of an angle to make a more clear determination.

Nonetheless, glad the 2nd goal stands.

And happy to see we arent letting up whatsoever. This game could easily have 2-3 more for us before final whistle.

9. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Indeed. Arsenal need to develop their ruthlessness. Hopefully the up and comers can imbue the side with more of this desire to put teams to the sword.

10. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martinez with a nice save off Bournemouth's first shot of the game from 12 yards in 39th minute.

Our forwards and midfielders doing a really good job of harrying their defense. Bournemouth having a hard time to build up anything and having to resort to booting downfield and giving possession back to us .

11. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mustafi and Martinez collide heads trying to clear the same cross. Mustafi was holding his ankle after the play though. Holding subs on for Mustafi in 62nd minute.

No major mistakes for Mustafi today, which is a relief, and hopefully a confidence builder. Good to see Holding get some minutes though

12. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....and we have a Ceballos sighting. He subs on for Pepe around 70 mins. He's playing a central midfield role so I haven't figured out what our new formation looks like

13. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now Bellerin down for treatment after winning a header. Looks like his ribs... He's walking now... Should be ok.

14. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Such a disjointed second half. Players are dropping like flies.

15. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Idk if it's the weather, but this has been an awful match. Not impressed with the attack at all.

16. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Big yikes for the CBs on the Bournemouth goal.

Wrong decision by Sokratis, and lousy tracking by Holding.

17. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they scored?

18. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

19. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. in 94th minute. Final was 2-1 and we advance. They were bringing a lot at the end and had nothing to lose. We definitely seemed to be content to just hold possession rather than get another goal though. Under the circumstances, I'm content with the win as long as there are no sustained injuries. It was a rough match.

20. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hard to have a much better draw than Portsmouth away at this point. We've got a good chance to go deep in this thing.

21. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than the last few minutes when they were throwing the kitchen sink at us, I thought we did a good job of controlling the match. Probably Guendouzi's best match under Arteta. Also I thought Ceballos looked decent in his limited time. I still think Arteta could get a lot out of him, if Ceballos is willing.

maskito repped this.
  22. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree on the Guen assessment, didn’t notice Ceballos enough since I was working and took a call after he came on.

I still think Guen goes down too easily, which he did regularly today as well. Wish that would change. He’d probably get more calls.

23. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Youth was served! I wasn't able to catch it because I don't have ESPN+ ugh but seems like we controlled it and the kids played well. What's wrong with Mustafi? Heard he got hurt

24. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announcers keep talking about "Pepe's qualities" but what exactly are they? He has some okay dribbling, constantly loses the ball, he's a terrible passer,not that fast, barely defends and has almost no shot. Seems he'd even be disappointing if Arsenal paid a fraction of what they did.
    When I see him in the lineup for games like this, or europa or early Carlington or whatever games I always think it's a good time for him to show how good he is. But he doesn't.

25. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Anyone else getting a bit worried about our falloff in games. I think on XG I saw it was 1.0 to them vs 0.6 to us. I’m pretty surprised we can’t generate more with the games state in our favor against sides that are fighting pushing forward.

How many games is this now where we’ve taken a lead and then dropped off? Chelsea home, palace, sheffield, United maybe. So four of arteta’s eight games, another game we got dominated by a championship side for a large spell as well.

I’m definitely having more fun watching this team play, but I’m worried that the exciting parts of the games are based on unsustainable aggression.