FA Cup 5th round draw

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by JohnW, Jan 26, 2004.

1. JohnW

JohnW Member

Apr 27, 2001
    St. Paul
  2. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll be a cracker as last years quarter-final (I think) is replayed. You managed to scoop the official site, John. Congratulations.

3. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
  4. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: FA Cup 5th round draw

Heh. Put Bentley back in. What a goal that was...

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Re: Re: FA Cup 5th round draw

Ummm.....yeah. To return the favor for phishy, who trolled our boards ;), I'll to the same to you.

I'm really looking forward to the game actually. You didn't exactly demolish us at Highbury earlier this year - you scored two flukey goals on a day when we had none of our top 3 CBs.

At least we'll see two teams taking it to each other in this game (even if you always do play for the counter), since I'm getting really annoyed watching Birmingham type games - 10 at the back and punt it forward.

7. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Re: Re: Re: FA Cup 5th round draw

yes, but then again Terry will be there to score one for us. Just joking.....this'll be a great match.

8. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Re: FA Cup 5th round draw

I don't think Henry and bergkamp will be losing to much sleep over facing the ageing Desailly or the carthorse that is John Terry. Gallas is a good player mind.

I didn't realise that you lot had such a crap record at Highbury. I suppose you're due a win, hang on, I'm scaring myself now! :)

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Re: Re: Re: FA Cup 5th round draw

He he....new fan huh ;)

Should be a fine game, pity it's at your gaff (again!) though.

ps...i really wouldn't mind if your lot did rest Henry.

10. AmericanGunner

AmericanGunner New Member

Sep 7, 2003
    U.S.A.
    Even though we have a great record against Chelsea, it is NEVER an easy game. They are hard fought. Also the law of averages has to work against us some time. We almost lost last year at Stamford Bridge and got lucky with a PK that some say should not have been and drew 1-1.

Also, this is a tougher Chelsea side with far more weapons. It will not be easy.

Late Feburary is looking very congested with many pitfalls. Assuming we get a couple goals Wednesday and go to the league cup final.

Feb. 14/15 Chelsea FA Cup
    Feb. 21 Chelsea PL
    Feb. 24 Celta Vigo PL
    Feb. 28 Charlton PL
    Feb. 29 Carling Cup final

In all liklihood the Charlton game will have to be rescheduled and we'll have a game in hand to the rest of the league as we did in '02. Chelsea is deep, they can rest players and still have quality. We are not so fortunate.

11. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas
    i think we have had a harsh draw to this point, all prem. teams. Oh well, we would have to beat chelsea at some point. Manure sure can't.

Victory will be that much sweater

12. tmaker

tmaker Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Seattle
    Re: Re: Re: Re: FA Cup 5th round draw

Chelsea is fated to lose at Highbury, I think. I think they'll play to draw, though we'll see. If they start Gudjohnsen, I might take them seriously.

Maybe Mr. Deep Pockets can buy off a ref. After that obvious handball by Gallas v. Scarborough--wow. One wonders about these things after three days without sleep and nothing but disco music in the background.