FA Charges Roy Keane with bringing the game into disrepute

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Father Ted, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    http://www.soccernet.com/england/news/2002/0904/20020904mufckeane.html

An FA statement said: 'The first charge is as a result of the challenge itself on Haaland, which is alleged to have been improperly motivated, with an apparent element of revenge.

'The second charge relates to Roy Keane allegedly publishing for financial profit or reward, an account of his autobiography, in which he speaks of a desire to exact revenge on Haaland, therefore bringing the game into disrepute.'

The second charge I think is a gray area and could be overturned in a court. Afterall, the charge states "relates to Roy Keane ALLEGEDLY prublishing for financial profit...". I dont think someone should be suspended for allegedly doing something. Either they did it or not.

2. Nigel_Sausagepump

Nigel_Sausagepump New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    UK
    I hope they throw the book at him....

I thank you.

3. Len_Brennan

Len_Brennan New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Ireland
    Mr. Dunphy

Dunphy was on Radio 1's Morning Ireland at 8:20am. When is he going to be interviewed by someone who is actually capable of going after him and getting him to answer the questions that people like us want him to. Even when the goon interviewer had him on the rack by asking him about the inaccuracies with regard to Linfield, he let him off when Dunphy asked "Do you not think that Linfield is a bigotted club?.... look we all know the situatation there, I don't have to say anything about that". Give me 5 minutes of air time with him; I guarantee a good row if nothing else!
    Also I love the way he keeps mentioning all the people who are supporting Roy ("a great man, a wonderful man etc.") and who are ringing into his show with words of encouragement. These are the same people who Eamon dismissed, "they know nothing about football and are just crackpots who have nothing better to do than ring radio shows", during his battle with Jack Charlton - when I largely agreed with Eamon for what it's worth.

4. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing an interview with Dunphy myself, would drag in the viewers, but at this stage nobody takes him seriously and the only reason anyone listens to him is so we will get the next episode of Apres Match.

5. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerNet