F20 turf or F30 indoor

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by sockacrazy, Nov 5, 2004.

1. sockacrazy

sockacrazy New Member

May 6, 2004
    I am playing on a turf field for indoor and it is my first year of indoor. I want to get the f20 but i was woundering if the f30 had decent grip even tho the bottom is flat so what should i get will the F30 have good enough grip or should i go with the F20 to make sure i have good grip.

thanks
    -justin

2. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    what kind of turf are you playing on? is it the synthetic grass or carpet turf? If it's carpet turf, I'd highly reccomend flat bottom shoes. Since the pile is so low, there is generally no traction with turf shoes. I've had better luck with the flat bottoms, I hear turf shoes are notorious for injuries (ankle knee) on turf carpet. Good luck

...just my 2 cents...

3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    the f-20 is more of a casual shoe in the mold of the f-50 i would stay away from it unless you are just planing on having a casual kickabout that doesnt require and real sharp turning and cutting.

if your going for one of the two i say the f-30 but also keep in mind the surface your playing on. for carpet/truf/hardwood/cort go with a flat bottom boot less chance of slipping or catching the sruface and blowing out a knee or dislocating an ankle (take my words for it ankle dislocations sucks balls and often cause a leg break as well).

If your on the new field turf surface go with turf/or hg bottom(hg not fg) boots becasue you will slip on that stuff with flats and cause the type of injuries i talked about with turf shoes on other surfaces.

if you play on both i say invest in two or three pairs of boots maybe a flat for indoor/hardwood and a turf for field turf.

If your budget is tight then get a less expensive pair if indoors and go for a hg bottom for use on field turf and outdoor use as well

4. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

I totaly agree. I know a lot of people who have more than one pair of boots. Indoor, FG/HG, and SG. I think it's well worth the money jsut to save yourself from injury.

5. sockacrazy

sockacrazy New Member

May 6, 2004
    I talked to the guys there and they said they wouldt let me play with studs period. Sry i am not that experienced with carpet turf or field turf. But i am pretty sure it is carpet turf because it is really short so the F30 indoor would be good? Or the f30 turf?

thanks again
    -justin

6. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

IMO, if there are no studs allowed, its probably carpet, I would go with the flat bottoms. If you're not totally set one the F30s, you might want to consider the AZT III indoors. Great shoes IMO.

...just my 2 cents...

7. sockacrazy

sockacrazy New Member

May 6, 2004
    Thank's alot guys. does anybody know if they come in any other color than white/blue and black/yellow?

-justin

8. viperman5000

viperman5000 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Ohio
    Does anyone have any experience with the a3 F50? I also play on carpet turf.

9. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    Just revived this thread to ask whether anyone in the UK will be interested in picking up a pair of F50 a3, silver/blue, size UK 10, for 50 quid (including postage). Mint condition never worn for football, just for casual (< 5 times). Anyone interested, PM me!