F. Cavenaghi....News & comments (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by ronnie86, Apr 26, 2005.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Argentino Cavenaghi fichado por el Burdeos francés

El delantero argentino Fernando Cavenaghi, que militó en el Spartak Moscú durante casi tres años, fue fichado por el Girondins de Burdeos, donde milita el delantero colombiano Edixon Perea (ex Atlético Nacional) por 13 millones de dólares, informó este martes el diario Sport-Express.

More...

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: F. Cavenaghi....News & comments

Good move for Cavenaghi. Russian futbol never suited him. This should help him get into the NT fold. His old coach Fedotov was class in accepting partial responsibility for Fernando's lack of success in Moscow.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=404311&cc=5901

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  5. Cavenaghi...GOL

Cavenaghi...GOL New Member

Nov 21, 2007

After recovering from an injury which ruled him out of pre-season and the start of the season, Fernando has three goals in seven appearances (five starts). The second goal against Tampere in the UEFA Cup being an absolutely superb finish, lobbing the keeper with a sublime volley!

He just needs to play regularly now and he'll be on his way again i think :)

The Bordeaux supporters seem to absolutely love him as well :)

6. Progott

Progott Member

Nov 3, 2007

your word in good ear.

He could be the solution for the #9 spot.

7. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

That's really good to hear. Even though I'm a BOSTERO, I recognized just how good he is while at river. It would be good to see him back in the fold for the NT #9 shirt. Keep us updated.

8. Cavenaghi...GOL

Nov 21, 2007
  9. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: se lució en Atenas

El delantero del Bordeaux Fernando Cavenaghi anotó dos goles en la victoria por 3 a 2 frente al Panionios, por la quinta y última fecha de la fase de grupos. El ex River Plate llegó a cinco tantos en el certamen. Getafe festejó.

More...

10. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Re: News: se lució en Atenas

Seems to be refinding his form again

11. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Festejó Cavenaghi

El ex River Plate, al igual que Lucio Filomeno, ex Nueva Chicago, hicieron goles importantes para sus equipos tanto en Francia como en Grecia respectivamente. Además, también gritaron el Tati Bustos Montoya, Ismael Blanco, Federico Higuaín y Gastón Sangoy. De yapa, videos con más goles de argentinos en la distintas ligas del mundo.

More...

12. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Re: News: Festejó Cavenaghi

Cavenaghi scored twice in Bordeaux's 4-1 hammering against Auxerre today. Let's hope he continues to play good and stays injury free for the entire season.

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: News: Festejó Cavenaghi

Great news, thanks for the update. I hope he can work his way back into the national team picture. He is a traditional number nine and behind Crespo the one with the most potential imho.

14. Cavenaghi...GOL

Nov 21, 2007

:)

Happy Days!

15. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

The fans at Bordeaux absolutely love him and you can tell he's quite comfortable there too.
    Here are his goals against Auxerre for those interested. 1st was a typical poacher goal, 2nd was a golazo.

16. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  17. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

No wonder Bordeaux didn't want to loan him out to Riber, they have a potential world class striker there and they know it.

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Thank god he didn't go back to Riber :D.

19. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Ain't that the truth:D

20. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Volvió el Cavegol

Fernando Cavenaghi hizo un golazo para Bordeaux, y cada vez se afirma más en Francia. Otro que sigue de racha, luego de un tiempo en el que estuvo lesionado, es Ernesto Farías, quien gritó para el Porto en la Copa de Portugal.

More...

21. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

Cavenaghi's french is precious :). It's such a reflief to see him get out of purgatory in Russia and back to a decent league and on form. It's all or nothing on him, as far as I'm concerned. He is the most legitimate option we have at the 9.

22. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Since we're on the subject, he scored again today for Bordeaux in the 56th minute against Saint Etienne. Man he's on fire. I hope Basile is taking note of his recent goal scoring spree.

23. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  24. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Cavenaghi sigue anotando

Marcó el único gol con el que Burdeos le ganó por 1-0 a Saint Ettiene. Fue el cuarto gol consecutivo del argentino en los últimos cinco partidos.

More...

25. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

I decided to take a closer look at how he's doing at Bordeaux. It is very apparent that the Girondins supporters absolutely love him. 2008 has been magical thus far for Cavegol (I'm not sure if that's an old nickname but that's what they've taken to calling him). He's scoring goals and the legend grows more everyday. But there are fans who believed in him from day one. He had his official french website set up 2 days after he signed with the team and had been seen by many as San Fernando....the Messiah. It looks like their belief in him is staring to come to fruiation.
    The fans at Bordeaux seem to be knowledgeable so it's no surprise that they've taken to him. It seems that he will figure a lot more into Laurent Blanc's plans, having secured a starter's role in the past few games. He's signed there for another 4 years and has said that he wants to remain there for at least that time. The press has started to get on his bandwagon also, praising his scoring touch, his vision of the game, and his attitude of sacrifice for the good of the team.
    All this can only mean good things for the albiceleste. The way I see, it shouldn't be long before he gets a call-up. He's 24 years old. If he starts getting some experience now, in 2 1/2 years, he'll be 26 and at his prime...provided that things keep progressing for him. It would be a welcome addition to a team that badly needs his scoring touch up frong. Let's hope for only good things for San Fernando.
    http://www.san-fernandocavenaghi.com/blog/?p=62