F. Cavenaghi....News & comments (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by ronnie86, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ronnie86

ronnie86 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    what happened to him? i was a fan of his but he has disappeared

and what about lisandro lopez? im a porto fan and i just want some info on him or a site that has with some of his goals.

2. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    Re: cavanghi

if its the same guy i'm thinking of, i have a feeling he went to an eastern european team, possibly spartak moscow.

looked like a very exciting player any time i saw him.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

he is playing for one of the moscows. he and clemente rodriguez went to the same club during the same summer. i am not sure how he is doing there.

4. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland

just checked and he is at spartak moscow. hasn't had a great start there, not scoring as many as would be expected. was linked with a couple of italian clubs just before christmas.

5. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Gentleman,

Nice of you to ask about "El Torito". He had a rough beginning with Spartak last season, as I'm sure the climate, language, style of play, new team, had something to do with his play. You really couldn't expect him to come on in and score just like he did when he played for River could you? Although I'm not able to watch Spartak games on television, I do know from other sites that he's playing better and he has scored 3(I think) times already. Let's hope he has a better season and can challenge for the scoring title.

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

I really wanted to see him end up in La Liga. Hopefully he does well wherever he goes.

7. ronnie86

ronnie86 New Member

Apr 10, 2005

i would have liked him to join porto but that wont happen. but i thought he was great at river and i hope he starts making a name for himself in europe. is his team in the CL next season?

8. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    To all the RiverPlate fans:

Fernando Cavinaghi was a great buy, in 6 matches he's tied for top scorer at 4 goals in the Russian Premier League.

gol.mkafisha.ru has all the goals, but it's in russian, so you'd have to babble fish the site.

Thanks for the geat youth talent!

9. Argentina Girl

Argentina Girl New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Re: To all the RiverPlate fans:

Great that he's doing better now in Russia! :)

10. Aguante Bielsa

Aguante Bielsa BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 25, 2004
    Argentina

It's really nice that we can have a Russian football fan's input. Since we have virtually no access to what's going in the Russian league, any news and comments that you can share about Cavenaghi (and other "almost forgotten" young promises such as Clemente Rodríguez and Malevo Ferreyra) will always be appreciated. Thanks.

11. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

Well... Cavinaghi has given Russia's most prestigious club hope, after 3 seasons missing the CL, they are fighting for a spot this year(although if they don't fire the current coach they'll miss it again). Cavinaghi is playin his behind off, however the coach can't set a team game, it looks like a circus. Cavinaghi has been doing very well though, and Rodriguez was shaky when he first came but I'm sure he'll adapt, as he has scored a goal too, and is now a starter. I have no idea about Ferreyra, 'cause I'm a Lokomotiv Moskva fan myself, if you have any other questions, just ask I'll be glad to try and answer them.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You ought to send a scouting report to Peckerman.
    :D

13. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

LOL- I do what I can sir.

14. PhasiBon

PhasiBon New Member

May 21, 2005
    Utah, USA
    Re: F. Cavenaghi

Let me add a few words since I watched all but one of the Spartak's games this season.

Fernando missed the last one due to a small injury but should be ready this Sunday for the biggest game of the year so far against CSKA - our biggest rival who just won the UEFA cup.

He's speaking better Russian and after some time getting used to the new culture and everything else he's showing some quality football. Currently he's on the list of top strikers in the league with four goals. He's good while taking free kicks (that's his first goal this season), he's good with his head but he's the best in counter attack situations. This season, IMHO, will be a good one for him and you'll hear more about him again.

Also, few things about Rodriguies. He's now starting for Spartak and unlike last season, he's actually playing smart. You may remember that he looks like Roberto Carlos and he's also not affraid to help the attack. Defence is now used to his style and he was among the "Best 11" for three weeks so far, which makes him one of the best defenders in the Russian league at the moment.

You will not see Spartak in Euro-cups this year, but we'll be there next year as we are currently no. 1 in the league and the game has improved.

15. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: apertura 2005 comentarios (R)

Cavenaghi vale el doble

En junio le ofrecieron al Espanyol el pase de Fernando Cavenaghi, pero este no quiso comprarlo. Ahora el delantero desembarcaría en el equipo catalán costando su fichaje casi 9.000.000 de euros, el doble de lo que valía meses atrás.

16. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: "Me duele ver a River así..."

De vacaciones en Buenos Aires, el delantero afirma que no piensa en volver a River. Y sostiene que la etapa en el fútbol ruso llegó a su fin.

More...

17. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada
  18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Re: Cavenaghi Leaving Russia for Spain or Italy

He was pretty good at River. I doubt he'll be the next Crespo but he's still young so who knows.

There's a thread about Cavenaghi in the Argentinos Abroad forum.

19. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  20. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  21. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  22. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  23. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  24. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Se mudó Cavenaghi

More...

25. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: F. Cavenaghi....News & comments

La mejor suerte para el Torito, despues de sobrevivir en el Futbol Ruso estoy seguro que la va a romper en Francia.

[​IMG]