F.C Porto vs Sporting C.P ( R)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Roy Da Silva, Nov 5, 2004.

1. scpdude

scpdude Red Card

Nov 8, 2004
    Canada
    porto was the better team today!!

congrats!

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    its hard to listen to the radio, and trying to watch estadio Nacional on ch 615 ;)

3. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Carlos Alberto gets the third goal! :D

4. Filho do Dragão

Filho do Dragão New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    It's nice to know that even if everything else goes wrong that at least we can count on beating up on the lagartos and lampioes. A little consistency for an inconsistent team. :D

5. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm still smiling! :D
    I hope I don't hear any complaints of Porto being helped by outside forces (officiating) Porto should have had 2 pk's that were not called.

Diego gave a glimpse today as to why he will be the top brazilian in the league. I love the way he squeezed his way past the Sporting defenders to score that goal. Grande remate!

So far Sporting fans have taken this loss with class and I give them credit for it.

6. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    ahahhaha, what a smsh, but Porto didn't deserve this score, Carlos Martins is too good to be benched, he shoted more in 20 minutes that all the others players in 20, that Nigerian guy is a crap as RB, he's very good as CB, better than Beto, and i dunno why Peseiro put him as RB :confused: Rogerio, M.Garcia and M.sergio are all better options than the Nigerian as RB, about Viana, that guy is so flamboyant , was a crap again. Costinha made a very good game, nobody saw Rochemback by his fault, well done. Finally Fernandez understood that Pedro Emanuel is miles better than Pepe, it was about time, probably is now too late to stay in CL.

7. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You're right. Porto didn't deserve this score. It should have been at least 5-0, not 3-0. ;) 2 missed pk calls by the ref and outchancing Sporting by a huge margin.

8. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    ahahah, 2 penalties? the 2nd one i'm sure that wasn't foul, the 1st one i still have doubts, i'll wait til' tomorrow media's comments about it, but the radio presenters said that both weren't penalties

9. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The one on Quaresma was without a doubt a pk missed by the ref. The ball was already out of reach and he was halued down in the box. That equals penalty. The commentators of course did not think it was, they were cheering for Sporting all game long.

10. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    DVA I ask you to take off your 'I hate Porto' hat for a second and answer this question. What about this game (if you watched it) would lead you to believe Porto didn't deserve to win by a 3-0 margin? Sporting never presented any danger of scoring and Porto had several close goal opportunities they missed. As I said, it could have been worse than 3-0 regardless of the 2 penalties in question that were not given to Porto.

11. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Well probably that one was penalty, but yeat in Benfica game Nuno Gomes almost broke a leg and it wasn't penalty, as ussual, as i said before, some benfica player must break a leg to be penalty, and by the way it was a play to show red card to M.Tabuas, but in the end no penalty no card, and Nuno Gomes injured

12. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    The best game of the season made by FC Porto, very consistent during the entire game, creating danger, always with a positive and hard working atitude, thats the way i like it.
    FC Porto was the best team today, so nothing more to say, i only like to add that we were the robbed team on the pitch today, the first penalty is clear to everyone, the second i also have my doubts, i also like to mention one terrible offside called against us, with all this i am not saying the ref made a terrible game, because it wasn´t easy to see the mentioned situations.

13. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    RTPI is pissing me off!!! I was counting on watching the game at 9Et and they change the time to 12:00. I'm really pissed. I can't believe I missed this game...

14. scpdude

scpdude Red Card

Nov 8, 2004
    Canada
    the refs were not a factor in this match!!

if not for ricardo making some huge saves, this could have easily been 5-0!

15. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    not 3-0, 2-0 should be enough, just like Benfica yesterday, 4-0 was too much to Setubal, 2-0 was the deserved final score to benfica's game too, Porto didn't created many chances

16. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Porto played very well on defense and capitalized on Sporting's poor defense. I was surprised that Porto put up three on Sporting and it could've been more if not for some great saves by Ricardo. How can that guy make some excellent saves, yet give up such cheapies like the first one against McCarthy?

I think Sporting's recent wins over Estoril and Penafiel are deceiving. Remember, Sporting has struggled before they hit the soft part of their schedule. Their defense is very suspect and I think it will cost them more games.

But, give credit to Porto for finally waking up on offense and getting the win.

17. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Congrats to the Sporting fans here for being as classy as they are, thumps up much respect to all u guys, good luck next game :cool: now i'm going to watch some MNF.

18. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I see blood shed! :mad:

19. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    it seems like rtpi website updated again... and it's playing at 9:55 pm et. This is a good thing!

20. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    rtp international just starter repeating the Porto vs Sporting ch 615 dish

21. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Ricardo made some good saves. but he had a Frango on the first goal. he needs to punch that ball away.

22. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Though SCP played badly the first goal should not have been allowed as Ricardo was clearly fouled by cry baby Jorge Costa.

Final score should have been 2-0 as SCP didn't play very well in the offensive third.

As for the defense playing badly, the last two Porto goals are all due to the fact that SCP was pushing their defense up to attempt to tie the game.

While Porto played reasonably well, SCP let this one slip by. They were bullied in the first half when the circulated the ball fairly well but couldn't set up a clear chance.

While Porto deserved the win, I think it clearly was due to the fact that SCP played very soft and laid back and was not very aggressive.

Porto got some energy and motivation after the first goal.

Congrats and see you in Alvalade.

23. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    FCP was better than SCP and they were rewarded with a win - congrats. That's all I got to say.

24. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Porto didn't play that well in the first half but SCP just didn't show up for the second half.

There was no foul on Ricardo, no matter what he says. Maybe on Polga, but even then, Mr. Frango should have caught the ball instead of letting it go, maybe he sould've taken off his gloves. :D

I don't think the Derlei incident was a penalty and the Quaresma one was really close but inconclusive from the angles I got.

Either way, FCP came out strong in the second half and SCP just couldn't contain them or attack properly.

I think Peseiro did some bad subs in this game. Why the hell did Barbosa come in? :eek: And Douala for Pinilla! C. Martins should have started the game cuz he was by far SCP's most dangerous player. All in all, congrats to FCP.

25. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    Nice game by Porto. !st goal blame Ricardo, 2nd and 3rd blame the d. Ricardo won the war of the frangos. Sporting is out of title contention. This year they did't make it to Sao Martinho, forget about Christmans