F.C. Barcelona vs Real Madrid -El Derby

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by njonkers, Dec 1, 2003.

1. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The countdown to Saturday night has started.
    We must be strong Saturday night.
    Forza Barca!!

2. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    I hope the team is not doing what your are, which is look past Malaga.;)

These three points away are a MUST.

3. KiQuE

KiQuE New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    will ronaldinho play against real?

4. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    No

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it is called el clasico, lol

6. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    el Superclasico

And yes we have a game against Malage before hand that I think is a critical 3 points for us. We need to get our act toegther and learn hwo to create with out Ronnie

7. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Puyol will be out for the game versus Malaga. He is questionable for the game against Madrid.

8. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worst Episode Ever!

9. KiQuE

KiQuE New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    is marquez gonna be a starter or is he gonna be on the bench?

probably too early to tell right now. but i hope he starts in center of the defense.

10. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

Ding Ding! Tell him what hes won, Johnny......

The term "derby" is usually used to refer to a game between two teams from the same city.

11. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    First Malaga and than Real. This Malaga game is a game that I am more afraid than Real clash. Marquez and Puyol wont play against Malaga and Ronnie either (he is out for Real, thats 100%). Puyol and Marquez have some injuries problems but they will play Real:

Defenders Carles Puyol and Rafael Márquez have joined Ronaldinho on the treatment table and will miss Wednesday's match away to Malaga. The good news is that both should be fit to face Real Madrid.
    Carles Puyol picked up an injury in last Sunday's game at home to Real Valladolid and according to Club doctors has sprained a ligament in his left ankle. First team doctor Lluis Til explained that Puyol would definitely be out for the Malaga match but was more optimistic about his chances of facing Real Madrid. "It's a grade 1 sprain and we'll have to see how it progresses but he might be fit for next Saturday's game against Real Madrid."

Mexican international Rafael Márquez is suffering from severe gastroenteritis and has also been ruled out for Wednesday trip to the La Rosaleda stadium.

Finally, Gabri also missed training on Monday because of a high temperature. However, he's progressing well and should be able to train normally with the rest of the squad on Tuesday.

:DI hope LE21 will play, he can beat Real by him self and he will!!!:D

12. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    From Diario AS, today...

BARCELONA-R.MADRID 500 agentes velarán por la seguridad del derby ;)

13. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    sometimes those matches are called (improperly) derbies, such as Juve-Inter, that match its called italian derby (the only two teams that never have been in Serie B)

14. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    I am also going to chime in on the side saying that this is called a derby despite the "improper" use of the term. I seem to remember that when I was in spain several years ago and attended one of these fixtures the papers prior to the match refered to it as a derby.

15. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Naming conventions!
    Does not matter what we called it it all adds up to the biggest club match in the world. ;-)
    Mikeb3142 what Barca vs Real Madrid match did u attend.?
    Camp Nou or Santiago Ber.

Must have been great, right!?
    I would love to be there Saturday and I would not say no to go to Madrid as well for the return leg in April.

Cheers!

16. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    It was in the Camp Nou in, I believe, 1999. 2-2 draw.

17. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    it sucks that Ronaldinho won't be playing. wanna see these teams at full strength.

18. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Real has luck that they will play with full team, nobody will miss. But they has a weakness, their defence. It will be the game who score more goals. I hope LE21 will play, hat-trick is expecting!!!! And btw, Saviola should finally score a goal or five, when did he score for the last time (for 50 million € worth boy a way to long!!!!!!!!!)

19. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Motta plays....(please knock Becks on his back) This is why I want Davids/Vieira, just for one nasty tackle on Figo/Beckham.

20. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    like it very much!!!! but do it after we already leading by two goals (best option in 92nd minute)

21. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and i am the one who should be winning a prize???
    what language is derby from? El <--- derby...it makes no sense and sounds stupid.

22. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    english language, the term derby came after both teams of english city Derby played between them for the first time (Derby City and Derby County, the latter known as Rams and famous worldwide)

23. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got a call from LaPorta...it seems after the Malaga debacle, FR has been down in the Barrio Gotica drinking Voll Damns for the past 18 hours!!! He is blind drunk and may need to be hospitalized.

To that end he would like us to submit a starting line-up for him.

Also, FR would liek to know why it hurts when he pees ;) Damn barrio Gotica mujeres.err..put....

---------- Rustu--
    Gabri-----Puyol---Reiz----GvB
    --------Motta----
    Overmars----Xavi----Gerard
    -------LE21-------
    -------------Saviola-----

Possibles:
    Además de Puyol, los convocados son los porteros Víctor Valdés y Rustu, y los jugadores Cocu, Reiziger, Márquez, Gabri, Saviola, Xavi, Gerard, Luis Enrique, Kluivert, Quaresma, Mario, Motta, Van Bronchorst, Overmars, Luis García y Oscar López.

24. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

????????

If someone uses a term in Spanish correctly are Spaniards. Afterall, the term fútbol ain't latin either.

I know the Barcelona - Real Madrid game is called a Derby in Spain. Right or wrong it became a standard. The termsClasico or Super Clasico are mostly used in Latin America to describe a Derby.

Who is gonna tell the NFL they barely use their feet? :rolleyes: LOL

25. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona