Fútbol Nicaragua II

Discussion in 'Central America' started by aguimarães, Jun 17, 2009.

1. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nicaragua won their first leg of the first round of qualyfing campaign (for the 2018 world cup ),
    they won 5-0 (the goalscorers were Luis Fernando Copete with a double in the 23 min and 39 min, Luis Manuel Galeano 12 min, Juan Barrera 36 min and Norfran Lazo 63 min).

ChrizG13 repped this.
  2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #302 EvanJ, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    SC Rheindorf Altach is newly promoted but doing well. They could be in the qualifying rounds for the 2015-2016 UEFA Champions League and/or Europa League.

CONCACAF wrote http://www.concacaf.com/article/copete-nets-brace-as-nicaragua-wins-wcq-opener and http://www.concacaf.com/article/nicaragua-ends-winless-stretch-seeks-improvement

The second leg will be Sunday at 5:00 P.M. USA Eastern.

3. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be awesome if Barrera were to make it on the roster at the very least as a sub. I think this would be Nicaragua's first true European based player to be 100% Nicaraguan made.

brentgoulet repped this.
  4. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nicaragua won the second leg away at anguilla 3-0, Raul Leguias with a double and Juan barrera with the other goal
    They won the series 8-0 on aggregate.
    Nicaragua progress to the second round where they will face Suriname on June 8 and June 16, the winner will book themselves ticket to the third round.

brentgoulet and ChrizG13 repped this.
  5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Friendlies before World Cup qualifiers ?

7. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Yeah they have two games against cuba

jonny63 repped this.
  8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    La Asociación de Fútbol de Cuba (AFC) anunció en las últimas horas la cancelación de dos partidos amistosos ante Nicaragua. Fuentes cercanas a la AFC señalaron que el desplazamiento a la nación centroamericana era muy costoso y la variante de jugar en La Habana fue rechazada por los federativos nicaragüenses.

Por lo pronto el único choque de preparación de la selección nacional antes de iniciar la eliminatoria mundialista será el venidero 2 de junio en el Estadio Nacional Pedro Marrero ante el Cosmos de Nueva York.

Varios medios de comunicación nicaragüenses publicaron en días previos que los encuentros entre el cuadro pinolero y el equipo antillano se disputarían los días 20 y 23 de mayo en los estadios Nacional e Independencia, respectivamente.

http://www.radiococo.icrt.cu/2015/05/08/cuba-cancelo-amistosos-con-nicaragua/

9. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Walter ferretti will be Nicaragua representative at the concacaf champions league ending real esteli run of being nicaragua sole representative.
    they manage to do it with both the apertura title and having the most points accumulated over two tournaments.

this weekend is the first leg of the semi final
    ART Jalapa (making their first appearance in final series) faces Real Esteli at home.
    While Diriangen host Walter Ferretti in the second leg.

Arianger Smith (17 current real esteli player) has been invited to trial to earn a contract at Italian club udinese
    external links: http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=158052

10. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nicaragua won 1-0 over Surinam in the first leg of world cup qualifying, the lone goal coming from Carlos Chavarria

11. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nicaragua won the second leg 3-1, Raul Leguias 25 mins, Manuel Rosas 46 min and Carlos Chavarria 90 min
    highlights:

they won the series 4-1 over surinam and move on to the third round of world cup qualifying

brentgoulet repped this.
  12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I remember Carlos Chavarria as the guy who eliminated our U-20s that one year.

13. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    yeah he is an incredible talent (they are producing several good players and their costa ricanhave them pretty structured

14. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nicaragua will face Jamaica in the next round of world cup qualification. Jamaica will host the first leg on August 31 before playing the second leg in Nicaragua on the 8th of september.

15. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Oscar Duarte with a ''carambola''
    upload_2015-8-2_8-33-50.png

16. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    First Nicaraguense ever on Old Trafford

[​IMG]

MetroChile and edcalvi repped this.
  17. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nicaragua has stunned the concacaf community by defeating jamaica in their world cup qualifier 3-2 with goals from Luis Galeano, Manuel Rosas and Carlos Chavarria.
    Oh yes did I mention they beat Jamaica in Kingston, Jamaica

ChrizG13, La Trucha, ChaChaFut and 4 others repped this.
  18. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    It shouldn't be long before Chavarria moves abroad. The guy can clearly step up in big games

ChrizG13 and brentgoulet repped this.
  19. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Several Players I will be shocked if they are playing abroad soon especially their keeper Justo LLorente, carlos Chavarria, Luis Fernando Copete and few others

ChrizG13 and slaminsams repped this.
  20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y...tball-can-get-you-out-of-poverty-2676296.html is titled "Barrera: Football can get you out of poverty." His club, SC Rheindorf Altach, finished third in the 2014-2015 Austrian Bundesliga, which sent them to the Europa League Qualifying Round 3. They advanced and then lost the aggregate 1:0 to CF Os Belenenses of Portugal in the Playoff Round, coming up one round short of the Group Stage.

brentgoulet repped this.
  21. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Heartbreak for Nicaragua as they lost 2-0 to jamaica at home to be eliminated, the heartbreak came at 90 minute when jamaica scored their second, Nicaragua were one minute away from winning the tie in away goal rule and reaching the necxt round for the first time

ChrizG13 repped this.
  22. D.C. UNITED

D.C. UNITED Member

Dec 28, 2005
    My heart hurts... I'm so proud of my country, I would've loved to have seen Chavarria's goal go in off of the crossbar, the stadium was ready to erupt, but football can be cruel. I'm happy to see you guys still posting here, I hadn't logged in for about 2 years but was glad I remembered about this thread. Thanks for the updates, it was a fun ride following their journey, sad it had to end. The future is bright, hopefully the federation arranges a couple friendlies so we can keep growing.

ChrizG13 repped this.
  23. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nicaragua have confirmed five friendlies which are 23 and 25 th of september against cuba, 11 of october against trindad and tobago, and 9 & 1 of december agianst costa rica

24. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    nicaragua played 3 friendlies simce i have last updated

they beat cuba 1-0, in the second game they drew 1-1, and in the final game which they played yesterday they drew 0-0 with trindad and tobago.

such a shame they are not in hex, they so deserved compared to el salvador sadly, honestly they were so unlucky to draw against the gold cup runner up jamaica

brentgoulet repped this.